Mount and Blade Bannerlord, Beta & Alpha

Users who are viewing this thread

Got any clue when will Taleworlds release a beta Test or Alpha?

It be nice to participate and try to find any glitches/bugs/ Problems while feeling the joy of testing.

I think everyone on here is wondering that same question! TW said they would love to get a beta version into players hands by the end of the year.

"Love to get a beta into the players' hands" is a lot different from "expect to have a beta in the players' hands".  I'm sure they'd love to be able to ship the finished game tomorrow, but it's not going to happen, because there's nothing to ship.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if they've even got some kind of announcement about a pending beta release before the end of the year, much less an actual working beta copy.

The real hype and speculation thread about Bannerlord is on the Warband forum, not here in the original M&B section.

God I'd love to have it by the end of this year as well. Dev on this game seems really slow but I'm REALLY excited for the features we are gonna get with the full release of the game. From the gameplay demo they gave us I'm just getting even more excited and a lot more hope for this project.

And then countless mods for Mount and blade bannerlord will come afterwords :grin: (I hope it will)

It'll be like playing skyrim with so many mods to choose from.

NoobMan4321 said:
It'll be like playing skyrim with so many mods to choose from.
I really hope it's NOT like playing Skyrim.  There are fundamental reasons I don't play Skyrim, which have nothing to do with mods, and which mods help reduce but can't solve.

So far, M&B has managed a combat system which smoothly blends both character skill and player skill.  The later TES games have essentially abandoned character skill except for damage calculations.  Morrowind was the last TES game to use a character-skill based hit-chance, heavily unbalanced in the character-skill direction, which means that in Skyrim, an absolutely clueless clod with a sword fights EXACTLY the same as a master swordsman, except that the master will do a lot more damage.  M&B modifies the speed and reaction times in combat based on skill, so a highly skillful player will STILL struggle with a novice character, and that novice character will play very differently from a highly skilled character.

Now, all M&B needs is a lot more dialog and some more complex quests or (optional) multi-quest faction stories or campaigns, rather than the current simple ones, to turn it into a semi-open-world RPG.  The overview map is fine for maneuvering between the pre-generated settlements and random wilderness scenes.  An actual "Main Quest" isn't needed for M&B's style of play.

Honved, the only reason he said it would be like Skyrim was because of the much easier, Skyrim-like mod system Bannerlord will have, which is a comparison that has been made many times. He didn't mean anything else.

Ho Hum...its been years since I've been on this board...Been waiting for Bannerlord...2017 is the year, gents...Now back to hibernation for a while longer.

bill12343 said:
how do i get to play this

you have two options:

1) build a time machine and travel to the future. One year should do it, but if you want DLCs, mods, etc, best to go for 3 or more

2) cryogenic sleep. Similar to the previous choice in terms of time period.

TLDR: game is not out yet, but you can add it to your Steam wishlist for news :XD

People were saying "one more year" a year ago.  That year is over, and it's not here.  I'm just hoping for the release announcement in 2017, not really expecting the release itself.  A Beta by the end of 2017 would almost be a surprise after all this time.

I'd also volunteer to help with the bug hunt when it comes to alpha&beta testing. Always loved to help dev smoothen out the game before release =)

Back
Top Bottom