Mount and Blade 2 - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Tim said:
Nobody said it'll be 157 AD. I personally think it's gonna be in the days of the fall of the empire.

Japanese factions wouldn't make sense, since medieval Japanese armies never clashed with European medieval armies, it would seem unreal.

This is Calradia!

Sauron_mate said:
Lord Tim said:
Nobody said it'll be 157 AD. I personally think it's gonna be in the days of the fall of the empire.

Japanese factions wouldn't make sense, since medieval Japanese armies never clashed with European medieval armies, it would seem unreal.

This is Calradia!
Yes it is, not some Manga-****.

Not necessarily more quests but rather expanding the existing quests would be very very nice. When I first played warband it was nice to see it had more quests than M&B but they very quickly got boring. Not because they're the same but because they're boring. The vast majority of quests are crap, travel halfway across the map and have a quick conversion with some bugger, maybe beat the crap out him afterwards. Woop woop. Go get some grain for your peasants. Fun times. Sit around a village for a while, beat up some peasants and then have a short usually one sided battle agaisn't a few bandits. Fascinating.
And a lot of them don't make sense either. For example the rescue kidnapped girl quest. Personally if my friends duaghter had been kidnapped by bandits I would hire someone I knew well and trusted to go and get them (or use my influence as head of commerce within town to get the local lord's attention maybe) rather than give a large sum of money to the first random piss soaked scraggly haired hobo who asks for a job just because he has a small band of men who as far as I know are all thugs, thieves and rapists. Whenever I take on this quest towards the start of a new game I just want to ride of with moron's money and spend it on whores.

The only fun quest I can think of is the rescue a lord quest, because a) there are various ways to resolve this, you can ransom him, rescue him in battle or actually bust him out of prison b) busting him out of prison is pretty damn fun and c) it actually makes sense within the context of the game and it changes gameplay since a lord is now free to go home, recruit an army and bring ye olde thunder to his former captors.

An example of how a current quest could be improved:
The hunt out a bandit's lair. For sea raiders all I usually have to do is ride down the coast for a couple of hours to find the landing and then kill a few sea raiders. Why the **** couldn't lord Useless Twat of Rivacheg go and do that for himself?
So maybe make make finding the hideout a bit more difficult. You could either hunt some sea raiders down, capture one and force him to reveal the location of the landing. Or you could trawl about Rivacheg to find some criminal elements of the town and find out from them where the raiders are coming from (prehaps they're buying from the raiders or selling to them.)  Also it would be nice if destroying the lair made some real difference, whenever I do it it seems like an new landing springs up the next morning. Also I'd like to be able to take the boats rather than burn them. Hell maybe even sail to the raider's homelands, steal their crap and burn their bloody houses. See how they ****ing like it.
Also with the hunt down a murderer quest, maybe the murderer isn't allways guilty, perhaps he could persuade you into proving his innocence or you could persuade him into going before a court.
Edit:
Wrong place?

The thing I am most looking for is a real time co-op campaign, not like total war where you take turns but where both of you can move around on the map and see everything in real time, also as
usual better graphics etc would be nice, but if it is too high graphics will it still be able to provide non lag melee fights etc on multiplier?

Secondly better ai has been mentioned many times before, Warband is a great game all they need to really do is clean it up get rid of bugs re skin and refresh, or thats what i think. :grin:

Also some more in depth battle formations would improve battle's greatly, it would be nice for all your units to be easily sorted and moved around on the map etc. Another thing would be nice not to get your cavalry stuck in a slaughter house between the infantry.

I am also hoping that the game will still allow modders to mod it.

Also an official mac supported version would be nice for all mac gamers, I know you can get it via "PalltheTall" but it would stlil be nice for all mac users to have it officially.

I think a small but potentially very nice change the developers might consider for M&B II is for things to just happen a little slower. 

I think we've all had situations where we're headed to Curaw say to sell some flax and buy some iron but right about at the bridge the marshal summons you to urgently come join the campaign.    Then by the time you've traveled about 2 seconds in that direction you get a warning that your village in the other direction is getting raided, a page arrives to tell your girlfriend is demanding a visit in another direction, and a second page announces that the King is holding a feast in his great hall and would really like you to attend plus there is news that one of the Vaegir lords has defected to the Swadians and a major Swadian Lord has been striped of his fiefs and sent into exile with the Rhodoks.    And by the way, you only have a couple days left to help the bandit infested village that you promised you'd do something about before you headed to Curaw. 

In real life things just didn't happen very fast.  The Great Chevaunchee took like 9 months didn't it?  In 9 months of Calradia time you can go from a poachers son with a sack of grain and a hide coat to your name to owning Dhirim, Uxhal and Reyvadin and be a complete powerbroker in your faction.

And while I understand the need to not have a boring game a little more relaxed pace would allow the player to do little things that he currently doesn't have the time to do and make the big field battles a little more "special"  than they currently are. 

A system where you can easily design your own troop trees. It would be nice to have the ability to bring up your own kingdom and destroy/create/capture fortresses and towns.
Making troop load-outs and trees would be really cool, especially if they heavily improved the campaign AI.

NO MORE CONGO LINES, PLEASE. PLEASE!

Banner editors
Better support for editing certain things.

For Multiplayer:
The ability to add maps, change map size, and in general edit the settings of the map.
Its a good map editor but man its restrictive on all the wrong things.

Smithing! Make, customize, improve and repair weapons and armors!

It would be fun if one could buy land and customize it too, like first it's just a small farm and later it could grow until it's a city, but for this to work it should be restricted to 3-5 land areas and not too near any other city/castle/village

Lord Tim said:
It takes centuries for a farm to turn into a town. An M&B game usually lasts only a few years (in-game)
well it took months to travel from north europe (nords) to the middle east (sarranids) but in-game it takes 2 days.. I guess things just happen a bit faster in M&B

Calradia's factions are based on Europe and bordering regions, its size is based on Swabia, I heard once. Or was it Swadia that was based on swabia? Either way, neither of them would be larger than Germany.

Realistic? How many limbs do you think are decapitated in actual battle? Pretty close to none. Veterans that lost their limbs after an amputation, because the surgeon could not fix the wound. It is practically impossible to decapitate someone in action, especially if he wears armor.

You're really into this "realistic thing, eh? Don't wanna be (too) rude but go play a simulator game if it's realism you want. Just because there's no magic in M&B and it's based on medieval europe/west asia doesn't mean that the game is realistic. For some reason my Swadian knights get f****d by some ****ty peasants because I wasn't around to tell them draw your swords and kill these bastards". Realistic, yepyep

I'm so sick of this "M&B is not realistic game, cause I totally can't pick my nose in-game" attitude.

Okay, it's not fully-totally-mega-hyper-plus-plus realistic. But that doesn't change the fact there's no jumping trees from peak to peak, wielding huge-ass swords and shooting five arrows at once. So one can clearly see, even if one's too stubborn to admit it to whole game, that combat model is aiming for realism. Sure, much can be changed and adjusted, but that doesn't mean TW should now throw in Vanir, because they're cool and they were totally capable of fighting and M&B isn't ultra-fanny-sexy-super-wink-wink-mega realistic anyway.

Also, although I doubt that your knights were utterly crushed, it wasn't so uncommon to see band of peasantry taking on stronger forces. There's plenty of medieval arsenal that started as farm tools.
And I'm quite positive that even when holding cavalry will break into short charge-and-back when enemy is close.

hoe12moe said:
For some reason my Swadian knights get f****d by some ****ty peasants because I wasn't around to tell them draw your swords and kill these bastards". Realistic, yepyep

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_%C5%BDi%C5%BEka
or
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/zizka.html

Pretty much ****ed knights with peasants.

And:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Golden_Spurs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt

But they are exceptions. The knights were highly outnumbered and on rough terrain.

Do not look here said:
I'm so sick of this "M&B is not realistic game, cause I totally can't pick my nose in-game" attitude.

Okay, it's not fully-totally-mega-hyper-plus-plus realistic. But that doesn't change the fact there's no jumping trees from peak to peak, wielding huge-ass swords and shooting five arrows at once. So one can clearly see, even if one's too stubborn to admit it to whole game, that combat model is aiming for realism. Sure, much can be changed and adjusted, but that doesn't mean TW should now throw in Vanir, because they're cool and they were totally capable of fighting and M&B isn't ultra-fanny-sexy-super-wink-wink-mega realistic anyway.

Also, although I doubt that your knights were utterly crushed, it wasn't so uncommon to see band of peasantry taking on stronger forces. There's plenty of medieval arsenal that started as farm tools.
And I'm quite positive that even when holding cavalry will break into short charge-and-back when enemy is close.
Please understand, Imo M&B is the most realistic game in sense of medieval combat, my suggestions was only for giving some more depth to the game which it lacks. And if you didin't understand my knights&peasants "joke", then try auto-resolve and see what happens

Lord Tim said:
Realistic? How many limbs do you think are decapitated in actual battle? Pretty close to none. Veterans that lost their limbs after an amputation, because the surgeon could not fix the wound. It is practically impossible to decapitate someone in action, especially if he wears armor.

If they're smelly peasants with sticks and you have a massive sword I think it's pretty darn likely.

Back
Top Bottom