Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

Hit the vote button if you liked an idea!

• I liked one of your ideas +1

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • I liked 2 of your ideas +2

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 3 of your ideas +3

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 4 of your ideas +4

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • I liked 5 of your ideas +5

Votes: 81 23.8%
  • I forgot how to count, and don't know what comes after 5. Great ideas though.

Votes: 198 58.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like choice for a player kingdom to have a choice to chose the organisational of their military on either a professional state army or a feudal levy. Each system has their own advantages and disadvantages

Hey, a couple of suggestions that i have thought for a while when playing different games of similar style (sorry for my english mai frends)
1.RPG MORE "ALONE STYLE"
i feel that the game make too much effort to make you become someone with a big ass army and being like a "lord" and discartes the fun of being a single guy( with companions and a small elite group) that could wander the world for Jobs that requires the advantage of a Little group of people (for example infiltration, guarding someone/something, scouting or being recluted in a lords army). The discart of trying to find the power via numbers could make you improve in personal skills to be unbeatable between same-quantity groups of enemys. The mor alonish gameplay could also repercute in the life of your character (like instead of moving in the elite high-class group of people, you could have normal-fokes friends and nets to move trough).Last and least, i would really like to see a rebellion system, like maybe an expantion or something that would be a fight of lowborns with the tiranny of the lords

2.STRATEGY "ARMY STYLE"
I have but one Little suggestion to make to the startegy playstyle and it is that i feel that the map world can have a big potential, and its having this options like in TW rome II were you can make your army adopt a "style" like fortify your army(building a camp and make it heal faster) or ambush(that interacts with the terrain and i feel that in M&B would be fantastic).

AND MEN, PLEASE ADD DUAL-WEILDING, NOT ONLY BECAUSE THE FUN OF THAT FANTASY FIGHT, BUT TO FUTURE MODS COULD USE THAT AT LEAST

[size=10pt]OK, here it goes. Please LET ME KNOW what you think of these ideas!!! [/size]

Directions in towns
ex.
Player: Can you point me to the Guild Master, Prison, Weaponry, Armory, Stable, Lords Keep, Goods, Tavern, Specialty Mercenary/Smith.
Townsman or any above: Yes, take a right here and go up the stairs and another left (while pointing direction to go)

Buying prisoners from towns/castles or lords
ex.
Player: May I purchase some prisoners from you
Lord: Yes, take a look Or No they are not for sale.
Then you either leave or take a look and purchase as your own prisoners or hire them (lose party moral if they are prisoners from faction at war with)

Villages/Castles/Towns with blacksmith specialties
ex. Fisdnarian Ironwork, Dirigh Fletcher, Jamiche Poleturner, Azgad War Helms, Glunmar Greaves, Dugan Veiled Helms, Amashke Gauntlets. Bring Iron and tools for crafting/smithing. The smithing will be specific to weaponry or armor from that area such as sarranid veiled helms, kerghit bows.

Slave Traders who will dispose of lords for price
ex.
Salve Trader: Hmmm with that kind of renown, and possession of two castles and a village, I can take him off your hands for a price of 42,000 denars, but remember, there's no guarantee he doesn't find his way back, Goardovia is far, or I could take him to Exlazia for 62,000 with a personal guarantee you'll never see him again. If this is too much I would suggest you consider hiring Assassins.
Player: I've tried, three separate Assassins and a personal attempt. I need him gone.
Slave Trader: Have you used Sektehm Assassins? Common Tavern Assassins are meant for small jobs. I could give you some information and a good word to help you for a small price of 5,000 denars. My friend there also gives me a small share of his profits to send people like you to him.
Player: No I have not, only town Assassins. I will pay for information and a good word to your friend, take this 5,000 denars.
Slave Trader: I know one there with extremely high success, I could tell you where he hides there for a price or you could venture there and try any from the local Assassinates Tribe or try to find the guy I know yourself.
Slave Trader: The current Assassinates Tribe trainer there will let you into the Tribe if you prove yourself worthy with a few tasks and he can increase your Assassination skill set over time spent through training and tasks there with the Tribe
Player: I will go there and train
Slave Trader: Remember, tell him I sent you so I get my share, or he may not believe me and you may find yourself kidnapped, beaten, and looted by Ambushers and on a longship to Exlazia.

Villages/Castles/Towns with mercenary specialties
ex. Grunwalder Guards (For better prisoner protection, assassin protection, watch information on who passed by with estimation of troops), Halmarian Spies or Scouts (To send anywhere to get info on garrisons, armies, prisoners, check for Ambushers), Sargothian Siegeworkers (For building and manning better battering rams, trebuchets, siege towers, ladders),  Sektehm Assassins (as mentioned by Slave Trader, Iqybayl Razers (to put certain town/castle structures up in flames and out of use for a time, or entire villages for same thing, or enemy army's siege equipment), Balanli Tunnelers (for siege purposes ex collapsing walls or gatehouses, or building secret entrances to town locations which last until discovered by enemy and destroyed. Last unfound and uncollapsed longer the better their skill set is), Burglen Ambushers (also mentioned by Slave Trader, for purpose of being placed in narrow passes, bridges, or anywhere, to drop set boulders and set off traps to kill soldiers and loot armies and capture soldiers or even lords), Jelkalan Constructors (for building villages/castles/towns in chosen locations for escalating prices, or for building specialty soldier training facilities or specialty blacksmithing facilities, or adding extra walls, towers, or fatal death traps such as sand or oil falls on inside of gatehouses or castle tunnels, or arrow traps inside gatehouses and castle tunnels, or moats and spike ditches and spikes against walls for defense, or even digging away at land next to castle to make sieging troops have to climb cliffs for access), Unhun Hunters (hired for hunting and killing off or capturing large groups of wild beasts causing problems of production at villages and that are killing travelers and caravans or even harassing you. Captured beasts could then be put in arenas and bet on or to fight against personally in the arena or against other fighters, or trained for war), Samarran Ambassadors (have very high persuasion and negotiation skills for trading prisoners or peace talks or alliance talks), Haringoth Tormenters (for torturing captured troops and lords into giving information on garrisons, army troops, lord locations, war plans such as armies heading towards certain castle to set siege).
The more you use and interact with certain specialized mercenary characters, the better they like you and will accept tasks and the less they'll charge and the faster they'll work and the more options you have for uses with them.

Pre-Siege Defensive Layouts
ex. Walk around castle before attack setting ex 15 archers at this location, 10 guards at gate entry, 10 guards at keep entry, 20 skirmishers on this wall, 5 oilers on top of gate. Basically go to a location and then set location -> troop selection -> troop number -> stance (fire at will, hold location). Also replenish oil traps with oil bought and sand falls and arrow traps with bought arrows and such built by Jelkalan Constructors.

Village/Town upgrades
ex. Involving mines for iron production (only in certain locations close to mountains), oil welling for oil production (in mostly desert location), fisheries, cabbage farms, cattle farms, mercenary posts, smithing (for example a iron mine and armor smith in same village). You can pick up/buy items made for very cheep and take to towns to sell yourself, or set up caravan to set the location in their route. If it's at a town already they may sell items themselves and give you percent profit, or ex an smith would buy from iron mine to use for armors/weapons.

I would also love to see a massive online map like 20x Calradia or more where everyone is playing together and deciding who to join or attempt to start new faction and all that with constant play but that would be a lot.

Anyway, let me know what you think!
-Nathan, the Sarranid Veiled, Morningstar and Throwing Spear equipped killa.

1) the ability to send out your own caravans - and send goods out from / to your own enterprises

2) an extra option to bribe lords

3) intrigues / plots to corner or depress markets

4) option to trade with caravans

5) ability to lend money to lords and fund wars - with probability of default

6) contracts to build castles, farms etc for lords

7) quests to assassinate lords - with option to slip him poison when in towns or castles

:cool: commodity warehouse contracts trading which centre around major towns - you deposit 20 of the same item into a warehouse in exchange for a contract which can be bought or sold or in other major towns

9) the ability to buy debt obligations of lords and towns and collect on them - your price depends on your trade stats

1) improved engineering and tactics stats open up more troops and commands

2) r&d options when you have your own towns and castles - which open up commands like fire on my command, or commando troops which scale walls and open gates

3) a final coup to overthrow the old corrupt calradian dynasty as a final mission in which you lead a whole bunch of lords and companions to kill the emperor / empress; game officially ends with option to continue in sandbox mode. alternatively, you can be a loyalist in the final mission and you have to protect the emperor / empress by killing all the rebel lords raiding the castle

4) command tents when your army is bigger than a threshold eg 50. the tents allow you to choose who starts the battle, who the reinforcements are, look at a map or a view through your tent of how the terrain would look like, sort through inventory, and select tactical options eg lay traps and send in commandos

adding to 4) in above post: appointed advisor(s) to advise you on the upcoming battle and its political implications

a whorehouse in a few of the major towns. the whorehouse allows you to hear the latest rumours, sell women prisoners for high prices, do a little boning, hire girls to help you ambush a lord  while he's without his sword, and his pants

1) ability to steal and corresponding thieving missions

2) economic missions for companions ie sending them as trade representatives to major towns so that you can take advantage of information flows to arbitrage prices, provided your caravan gets there unmolested. alternatively, they can be sent off as official suppliers/merchants to accompany campaigning armies. you get such deals by maintaining high relations with the marshals

3) lady companions (or you if you are female) who are young and pretty can be sent into besieged towns and castles to assassinate the lord, open the gate, poison the defenders or burn the food stash, one at a time. there should be a chance of failure, in which case she either fights her way out or gets captured

The ability to create companions by promoting some of your soldiers. You know you want to keep these initial batch of soldiers you hired at the start of your career!

I watched the video of 40 mins and, I have mixed feeling bout it. Graphics it's no problem, if there is a problem, they can improve it in time. But it's the feature that I felt like it's missing.

I think TaleWorlds need to have more time for this Mount and blade Banner-lord development. There's a hinge of lack in feature, more glitches and Bugs if they release it too soon. There'll be bad reviews and all.

So I hope they postpone it till somewhere near end of 2016 (Oct earliest or latest by December) to finish up the work and I also hope they revealed the new feature in the near future like:

Voice characters, Body Languages, Camera motion when interacting, facial expression, Skills and techniques (it has been revealed in vid but haven't been fully explain)

AI moving in to perform different activities instead of staying in one place doing one activity for the whole day. When business hour bout to close, player (You) watching people packing and closing there shop ,heading back to there home place while gossiping/chatting bout lifestyle/rumors/hot ladies/etc when night falls. (when visiting the city/village/fortress)

NoobMan4321 said:
I watched the video of 40 mins and, I have mixed feeling bout it. Graphics it's no problem, if there is a problem, they can improve it in time. But it's the feature that I felt like it's missing.

I think TaleWorlds need to have more time for this Mount and blade Banner-lord development. There's a hinge of lack in feature, more glitches and Bugs if they release it too soon. There'll be bad reviews and all.

So I hope they postpone it till somewhere near end of 2016 (Oct earliest or latest by December) to finish up the work and I also hope they revealed the new feature in the near future like:

Voice characters, Body Languages, Camera motion when interacting, facial expression, Skills and techniques (it has been revealed in vid but haven't been fully explain)

AI moving in to perform different activities instead of staying in one place doing one activity for the whole day. When business hour bout to close, player (You) watching people packing and closing there shop ,heading back to there home place while gossiping/chatting bout lifestyle/rumors/hot ladies/etc when night falls. (when visiting the city/village/fortress)

they don't need to "release" it...
just give out something like...  "testing alpha copies, for pay, to the part of the community that understands the risks and that this key can turn into the real game key later"
or in general any option other than "keep it secret keep it safe, let boromir die"  :grin:

But i guess it doesn't really matter....  I know deep in my heart of hearts. I AM going to pay Taleworlds for Bannerlord.

edit: how long was it from the public release of way of the sword/warrider/Mount and blade until it got hard released...  4 years of access?  I downloaded it back in 2004...  i think official release date is 2008...  don't remember how long before that it was accessible...

Korsagoth said:
they don't need to "release" it...
just give out something like...  "testing alpha copies, for pay, to the part of the community that understands the risks and that this key can turn into the real game key later"
or in general any option other than "keep it secret keep it safe, let boromir die"  :grin:

I agree with you on this Korsagoth

The major part of this comunity is accustomed to mods (that allways have glitches and Bugs) and that understand that this is normal. And thay could detect errors and give a big help to the dev team.

I'd love to do this testing...

Hey guys!
A really funny thing to do on bannerlord to do would be making it possible for you to "End them rightly"
(Screw off your pommel and throw it at your enemy  :lol:)
Imagine a pommel-only battle on multiplayer.
It'd be glorious.

In-game:
Improving the battle system for Bannerlord if they can. We have still time while the game is in development and as i have seen in the trailer and the 40 min gameplay the battle system remained like it was in previous games. Simple limited orders. The only thing you can do is the following.
F1 - March forward 10 foot, backwards 10 foot, spread out, stand closer.
F2 - Hold fire. (instantly makes them change into melee mode), fire at will.
This above is so limited. There is really no strategy you can do in this game but only this like  the rest of all do. Infantry stand, archers back, cavalry sides and attack archers, infantry charge. Thats it. Really simple. I hope there will be more options in bannerlord as i already got bored of warband because of so limited and simple commands.
Then add PLEASE LOUD Marching sounds if you have a large amount of troops. (100-1000)

My suggestion:
Please improve the battle and command system in Bannerlord. My suggestions for commands would be like this
INFANTRY
      F1- Stand still
      Brace pikes
      Spread out
      Stand closer
      Charge.
      Charge in formation.
      Defend mode.
      Switch to javelins (on some units if there will be). (options: Throw at will, Throw at my command, Throw at specific unit(Archers,Infantry,Cavalry,Special,etc)
      Attack specific unit. (Choose to attack only: Archers, Cavalry, Infantry, Special, Others.)
      Retreat
      crouch (if in forested and bush area, enemy wont see your soldiers, ambush possible)
ARCHERS
      Hold still
      switch to melee
      Hold fire (same with infantry javelins)
      Fire at my command. (works with volleys and other modes. as your archers will shoot at the same times, like heavy shot)
      Fire at will (volleys, other modes.)
      Switch to Fire arrow (scares away sarranid elephants, will trumple they own allies,cannot be controlled, lowers morale on units, easier to make them retreat)
      Switch to normal arrow (more damage than fire arrow, no effect)
      spread out, stand closer
      retreat.
      Crouch shoot (units will go in crouch state for cover and more defense and shoot.)
      Stand up and shoot
      Fire at certain unit (Archers, infantry, cavalry, special, others)

With this above, even if it wont be possible to do so or will it? I would bring even more 1000 hours  into this game as you have so much orders and you can plan your battles and actually use strategy and tactics instead of blob braindead charge. If you are outnumbered it will be still possible to win battles with so much commands and orders.

Hope they release it on December or something. I don't mind joining the Beta Test. I would be spamming up and down, checking for any items that'll cause a glitch or bugged. 

I didn't have the time nor the patience to read through 30 pages of forum so I'm just going to put this idea here whether its been suggested already or not. One thing I'd like to have the option to have done is to be able to have better strategy at the map level. I played a little Warband while it was out and I think it would have been great to plan out a bit of an attack before actually engaging the enemy or after the enemy is engaged with someone else.

Say they are facing each other on the map, you could then approach the guy you want to attack from behind and flank them, instead of approaching from behind and teleporting to the side your allies are on. This would result in a tactics bonus for you and possible lower enemy morale as well. That way when the wave starts the enemy spawns at the middle of the map, you on one end, then the ally on the other.

In addition, having the ability to have companions take command of a force of a certain size, to tag along with your group instead of a separate unit, could result in you planning out an attack by saying, "I want you to be my flying column on my left, and for you to flank them from the right." You could then appropriate forces to different units as you need and give you a better chance at beating an otherwise overwhelming force that would normally win by numbers with intelligence, tactics, and the like.

Simple CO-OP Suggestion

The co-op singleplayer would be hard to implement from a balance stand point I think is Taleworld's argument? I think a simple solution is to keep the game going in real time when one player is in a battle, so that the other player can come in and join the fight, move around the map, or take advantage and siege a castle while the opponent is occupied in the field. However, when both players are in a battle or a scene time stops and the AI stops making moves on the map until one player exits the fight or scene. Not hard Taleworlds.

Honestly, how hard is it to implement? Unless they kept their horribly near sighted, hard coded crap in awful places like in Warband. I mean who cares if it is unbalanced or a bit buggy, i'd rather have the option to have some great moments with my friend rather than just nothing at all. Seriously, Taleworlds has had like 4 years now, and they will probably have been in development for 5-6 years when it finally comes out. Doesn't seem like a huge project. Hopefully a modder can make it possible with Bannerlord, which is probably what the devs are banking on.

A new archery system, i have always feared the archers with my life, unless i had a board shield, because no armor can protect you from a short bow, not even plate, you will probably die at most in three shots if it hits your armoured parts, usually you die in like two and i have always found it weird that community was alright with it, i suppose to stop the two handed superiority they were alright with it. That is why i hope that one handed weapons and shields get more power in Bannerlord, a bit tired to see two handed weapons streamroll anything, if they were so good they wouldn't have used sword and shield so much back then you know.

Either way, for now i feel like bannerlord needs more physics and better hitboxes, so people cannot just spaz out like they were on excessive amount of crack, you can call it skill, but i call it a bit of an exploit, that is why duels end so quickly.

But my biggest suggestion would be to increase the hitpoints, after playing this game for 4.697 hrs, i feel like you just die a bit too quick and thus even massive battles end in like 20 seconds at most, unless the team retreats. Getting two shot by a short bow or getting two hit by an arming sword through your mail armor always pissed me off, i want to trust my armour at certain situations and that might sound bad but i just feel like health or armour is a bit lacking.

Back
Top Bottom