Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

Hit the vote button if you liked an idea!

• I liked one of your ideas +1

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • I liked 2 of your ideas +2

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 3 of your ideas +3

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 4 of your ideas +4

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • I liked 5 of your ideas +5

Votes: 81 23.8%
  • I forgot how to count, and don't know what comes after 5. Great ideas though.

Votes: 198 58.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Player7 said:
I would also suggest having catapults and other siege weapon during siege battle as well that will make it more like a "siege war" instead of just preparing the ladders and such.
Perhaps having one unit carry the banner in the group and during war when he does die a soldier in your group would go and take the banner to indicate that your team haven't lost yet.
And customize-able horse armor instead of just getting a new horse each time.

And perhaps having us being able to put some soldiers in town manor so that those soldiers can guard the town from raids and such

^I agree that sieges need to be redone. With the flag idea, maybe if the defenders captured the attackers' flag it would cause a huge morale fall in attacking NPCs? (Make them fight worse or approach more slowly or something)

Also, I saw mention of allowing the player to die or something along those lines. I definitely think falling in battle should have VERY severe consequences. (like losing ALL items and moneys and significant renown at least) Also, I think that being captured by someone that truly hates you should eventually lead to an execution. Obviously almost nobody wants to start their game all over again just because they died, but the constant ransoming/escaping kind of killed immersion for me. Possibly execution could just make you take on the role of your "bastard son," (who has no renown but your stats but nerfed significantly) or something similar to that. Maybe the replacement can be a bastard brother or something if something if the character is not supposed to be old enough, or several years in game time can be passed by the game to allow for growth time. (I'm only saying 'bastard' here because it seems more right to me than suddenly going "What?? I have a brother/son???") It would be cool to make the appearance of the new character like 50% the same or something.

In complement to that, other lords clearly need to be able to die and be replaced after a period; even better if they can all have family trees. (Random lord generator probably needed)

Federick421 said:
davefitz said:
It would be unreal if you had Celts!!

I was thinking about a scottish based faction if that would suit your tastes. It would be awesome seeing those two handed claymores and pikes. A long time ago I made a suggestion for a mod that takes place during ancient Calradia when the Calrad Empire (who represent the Romans) was just beginning its rise to dominance. One of the rival factions was called the Galatai who were meant to be the celts of the mount and blade verse. So a scottish based faction according to my head canon, would have to be descendants of Galatai who managed to avoid being conquered by Calrad and later invaders, which is something that they take alot of pride in, to the point they would call their country which in their native tounge would mean Home of the Free

You mean like swadians with kilts?

WilltheGamer said:
Federick421 said:
davefitz said:

I was thinking about a scottish based faction if that would suit your tastes. It would be awesome seeing those two handed claymores and pikes. A long time ago I made a suggestion for a mod that takes place during ancient Calradia when the Calrad Empire (who represent the Romans) was just beginning its rise to dominance. One of the rival factions was called the Galatai who were meant to be the celts of the mount and blade verse. So a scottish based faction according to my head canon, would have to be descendants of Galatai who managed to avoid being conquered by Calrad and later invaders, which is something that they take alot of pride in, to the point they would call their country which in their native tounge would mean Home of the Free

How crazy would it be to have a Calradia thats say 10 times bigger than the current one with 15ish more factions? I would... I would.... die and go to heaven...

15ish or more would be wonderful, and on a bigger map, that is a must. It would also be good to be able to recruit troops from towns, you can already go to the tavern to hire mercenaries why not giove the option to hire peasants in a town. I always wonder why they didn't allow that.

Pike man sound like a good idea, maybe have bands of mercenary pikeman like the Swiss pikemen. But I think if pikemen were to be used effectively they would have to find a way for these pikemen to form ranks and especialy forming deep ranks such as two, three, or four ranks behind one another, that would make it harder for cavalry to plough through.

However I would love to see heavy infantry wielding claymores and dressed to the nine in gothic plate OMG =D. But me thinks those type of units match Swadia more than any other.

Butterscotch said:
WilltheGamer said:
Federick421 said:
davefitz said:

How crazy would it be to have a Calradia thats say 10 times bigger than the current one with 15ish more factions? I would... I would.... die and go to heaven...

15ish or more would be wonderful, and on a bigger map, that is a must. It would also be good to be able to recruit troops from towns, you can already go to the tavern to hire mercenaries why not giove the option to hire peasants in a town. I always wonder why they didn't allow that.

Pike man sound like a good idea, maybe have bands of mercenary pikeman like the Swiss pikemen. But I think if pikemen were to be used effectively they would have to find a way for these pikemen to form ranks and especialy forming deep ranks such as two, three, or four ranks behind one another, that would make it harder for cavalry to plough through.

However I would love to see heavy infantry wielding claymores and dressed to the nine in gothic plate OMG =D. But me thinks those type of units match Swadia more than any other.

Im still waiting for my fully armored Katana wielding samurai.

WilltheGamer said:
Butterscotch said:
WilltheGamer said:
Federick421 said:
davefitz said:

Im still waiting for my fully armored Katana wielding samurai.

One time I made a suggestion for a Oriental mod that took place in the Mount and Blade verse equivalent of far east asia, effectively on the other side of the continent. There was three Chinese based factions, a Korean based faction, the Khergits who are of course the Mongol based faction. There was also going to be a Japanese faction that was complete with Samuria

Butterscotch said:
Player7 said:
I would also suggest having catapults and other siege weapon during siege battle as well that will make it more like a "siege war" instead of just preparing the ladders and such.
Perhaps having one unit carry the banner in the group and during war when he does die a soldier in your group would go and take the banner to indicate that your team haven't lost yet.

And perhaps having us being able to put some soldiers in town manor so that those soldiers can guard the town from raids and such

Oh yeah, defiantly have catapults =D and trebuchets as well. I think over all M&B 2 should just have more options in what you can do with your army and a more wider variety of units to recruit. And also a larger and more thought out map, it seemed to me like M&B's map was to quickly thought up and stuff.

Yeah I agree if they are able to make the castle a little bit bigger as well it would be nice

kaizerkai said:
Player7 said:

^I agree that sieges need to be redone. With the flag idea, maybe if the defenders captured the attackers' flag it would cause a huge morale fall in attacking NPCs? (Make them fight worse or approach more slowly or something)

Also, I saw mention of allowing the player to die or something along those lines. I definitely think falling in battle should have VERY severe consequences. (like losing ALL items and moneys and significant renown at least) Also, I think that being captured by someone that truly hates you should eventually lead to an execution. Obviously almost nobody wants to start their game all over again just because they died, but the constant ransoming/escaping kind of killed immersion for me. Possibly execution could just make you take on the role of your "bastard son," (who has no renown but your stats but nerfed significantly) or something similar to that. Maybe the replacement can be a bastard brother or something if something if the character is not supposed to be old enough, or several years in game time can be passed by the game to allow for growth time. (I'm only saying 'bastard' here because it seems more right to me than suddenly going "What?? I have a brother/son???") It would be cool to make the appearance of the new character like 50% the same or something.

In complement to that, other lords clearly need to be able to die and be replaced after a period; even better if they can all have family trees. (Random lord generator probably needed)

Yeah lords and king needs to be able to age and die and perhaps their sons will be the one taking over the throne or the estate?

Player7 said:
kaizerkai said:
Player7 said:

Yeah lords and king needs to be able to age and die and perhaps their sons will be the one taking over the throne or the estate?

That's a good idea having them age but it would take a while for them to drop dead, maybe instead have a chance for them to be killed in battle or be assassinated like in Total War series. Oh it would be great to be given quests to assassinate nobles and stuff, you could either do it your self or hire a professional.

However one problem I see with aging and dying is that eventualy your character is going to die or be assassinated, but I think that it would go against this games play style and because you would have to start all over again.

Butterscotch said:
Player7 said:
kaizerkai said:
Player7 said:

That's a good idea having them age but it would take a while for them to drop dead, maybe instead have a chance for them to be killed in battle or be assassinated like in Total War series. Oh it would be great to be given quests to assassinate nobles and stuff, you could either do it your self or hire a professional.

However one problem I see with aging and dying is that eventualy your character is going to die or be assassinated, but I think that it would go against this games play style and because you would have to start all over again.

In that case if I would to remake m&b series I would then make you able to age and die but you should be able to get marry and have a son who then you train and leave your skills behind so he pretty much have all the skills that you have and once the time come and you die the game switch to you playing as the Son which have all the estate that you own and the troops that you have in commend. Pretty much everything but you playing as the son will surpass you the father that had past away.

Player7 said:
Butterscotch said:
Player7 said:
kaizerkai said:
Player7 said:

In that case if I would to remake m&b series I would then make you able to age and die but you should be able to get marry and have a son who then you train and leave your skills behind so he pretty much have all the skills that you have and once the time come and you die the game switch to you playing as the Son which have all the estate that you own and the troops that you have in commend. Pretty much everything but you playing as the son will surpass you the father that had past away.

That sounds good, but there is also another problem. What about the age of the characters your companions and also your troops, eventualy they would drop dead due to age.

However a good thing about having children is if AI characters such as lords were to have many children they would each be a contender to there fathers position in which it would create a power struggle in these families. Some of there offspring may go to an enemy kingdom and pledge allegiance there or maybe even rebel against his father and start a civil war, that would be interesting.

Another thing that would be good is population growth in a village or town, more people more taxes and recruits =D. Also an option to exterminate or enslave an enemies town or villages population would be fantastic.

Butterscotch said:
Player7 said:
Butterscotch said:
Player7 said:
kaizerkai said:
Player7 said:

That sounds good, but there is also another problem. What about the age of the characters your companions and also your troops, eventualy they would drop dead due to age.

However a good thing about having children is if AI characters such as lords were to have many children they would each be a contender to there fathers position in which it would create a power struggle in these families. Some of there offspring may go to an enemy kingdom and pledge allegiance there or maybe even rebel against his father and start a civil war, that would be interesting.

Another thing that would be good is population growth in a village or town, more people more taxes and recruits =D. Also an option to exterminate or enslave an enemies town or villages population would be fantastic.

Good thing I thought about that already you see how you're always recruiting and once you have a kingdom already you can always draft soldier instead of going to city to city town to town trying to recruit soldiers. And yes indeed a civil war will start and the game would be a never ending chaos of power and the throne.

That sounds pretty good =D. Maybe have a character under your leadership go to a settlement or a list of settlements that you wish to recruit from, have he/she come back with those recruited. That sounds like it would be much easier to replenish your forces, especialy if you have just suffered a massive defeat lol.

Butterscotch said:
That sounds pretty good =D. Maybe have a character under your leadership go to a settlement or a list of settlements that you wish to recruit from, have he/she come back with those recruited. That sounds like it would be much easier to replenish your forces, especialy if you have just suffered a massive defeat lol.

Yes and when you draft you can draft a variety of soldier strength. As for your companion if they have sons while serving you and when they get old and is in death bed their son will take their position as general over their own army in your forces.

WilltheGamer said:
Added changes to power draw and power swing. Whatchu guys think?

Good idea and adding new attack swing too instead of just swinging right and left they should make you be able to swing any angle because they do look stiff and dumb just swinging right and left one at a time so perhaps making you being able to combination attack but when you do due to the heavy armor and weapon you have energy bar so you can't always do combination swing

after a quick scan i have come to the conclusion that everybody wants the campaign map side of the game to be an even more personal version of Crusader Kings 2 (that is how co-op would work as well). Also many great ideas! :grin: others however, not so much...

your idea of a strategic playstyle in battle could be supplemented by the character having a squire and messenger. the messenger would deliver your orders around the battlefield whilst the squire holds extra weapons and will drag you out of sticky situations (when unconscious)

Currently playing Warband. I notice a lot of stuff missing.

#1 Allow us to ransom lords out of prison at a cost of minus relations to other faction(Seriously, this needs to be added). Enemy lords can do this, why not us players?
#2 Allow us to attack random castles/towns when our army is big enough when your faction less(just to start your own faction. I mean we can raid villages, so why not?). 100+ men and required 200 renown.
#3 Allow us to open the gates during siege(I have no idea how to open the gate) Ally default should not open the gate.
#4 Add some neutral castles or villages that had been disbanded from other factions(This should allow us to start off with 1 castle without having to have a negative relation with other factions). I got lost when I just started the game, I'm currently trying to create my own faction. Also there should be neutral Lord(Faction less, should be white castles) on neutral castles who might join you.
#5 Allow Alliance between factions during war(Max 2-3 depending how much main factions are there. Don't want a 6 v 1 scenario going on).
#6 Allow persuasion to recruit "Deserters" (Faster way of recruiting army and without the need to train units from militia to horsemen at a high cost).
#7 Enable us to build Barracks which passively add soldiers/militias to the garrison(makes Towns harder to takeover) Have a max cap of soldiers for towns.
#8 Make fighting in town bigger and better(right now it is so small it isn't that fun compare to the first attack).
#9 Make it easier to access your companion stats and inventory(I can't believe I have to talk to them 1 by 1, come on).
#10 Add Dogs, Bears, Wolf, Fox, Tigers, Boars, etc(wild animals to fight).

Back
Top Bottom