Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

Hit the vote button if you liked an idea!

• I liked one of your ideas +1

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • I liked 2 of your ideas +2

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 3 of your ideas +3

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 4 of your ideas +4

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • I liked 5 of your ideas +5

Votes: 81 23.8%
  • I forgot how to count, and don't know what comes after 5. Great ideas though.

Votes: 198 58.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone read these? Obviously I am posting this to help the devs with ideas, but is there any guarantee they will read them? I know it isn't an American company...

WilltheGamer said:
Does anyone read these? Obviously I am posting this to help the devs with ideas, but is there any guarantee they will read them?
Did they ask for help?
How do you know your suggestions are good enough to be read by the devs?

WilltheGamer said:
I know it isn't an American company...
That's why Americans are universally well-liked.

Here's the official unofficial thread for posting Mount and Blade 2 suggestions:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195023.0.html

MadVader said:
WilltheGamer said:
Does anyone read these? Obviously I am posting this to help the devs with ideas, but is there any guarantee they will read them?
Did they ask for help?

WilltheGamer said:

Here's the official unofficial thread for posting Mount and Blade 2 suggestions:

You have a rather odd way of twisting my words. Though I shouldn't get defensive about it.

What is the difference between the unofficial threads and the regular ones par say?

WilltheGamer said:
MadVader said:
WilltheGamer said:
Did they ask for help?

WilltheGamer said:

You have a rather odd way of twisting my words. Though I shouldn't get defensive about it.

What is the difference between the unofficial threads and the regular ones par say?
The thread I listed is read by the TW Community Guy and one of the developers. That's the most attention any suggestions will get. Posting a random suggestion thread doesn't guarantee you any readership, let alone from the devs, so you might want to change your expectations.

This is true, what I meant earlier was that the company devs might only read their European forums or focus more on them.

I wasn't trying to imply I deserved views from anyone, but rather that I was wondering if anyone actually checked them. I know a lot of indie companies rely heavily on customer feedback and community interaction to help make their games better.

While I may have an inferior talent for design as previously suggested, I shall press on in the hopes I do come up with something good.

pretty nice suggestions over there, but one of them i have a better idea than it but i forgot, let me check
EDIT: AHA,

keep riding skill, BUT allow player to ride any horse, but make a chance to fall from horse when you get damage, or horse gets out of control when it gets damage, a small chance. higher riding skill = less chance..

and those extra troops, they should only be given to lords of the kingdom, they shouldnt be upgraded from te recruits, just to give lords a bit more taste.

keep riding skill, BUT allow player to ride any horse, but make a chance to fall from horse when you get damage, or horse gets out of control when it gets damage, a small chance. higher riding skill = less chance..
That's an interesting idea. I always wondered why getting hit with say a crossbow bolt never knocked you off your horse.

and those extra troops, they should only be given to lords of the kingdom, they shouldnt be upgraded from te recruits, just to give lords a bit more taste.

You mean like in with Fire and Sword? or do you mean the new units I suggested?

Cuss the no recruiting unless your a lord thing and no upgrading to max level thing, really really annoyed me. Mostly because I didn't want to join a nation I wanted to play the powerful warlord.

The only thing I could suggest was splitting the units between mercenary and national units, that way players can still enjoy armies like from warband, but also have different types of units from Lords and Ladies maybe even with lesser stats.

You are surely enthusiastic about this. :smile:

Let's have some constructive criticism.

Elven Bow
Immediate trouble. Elven bows mean Elves, and that breaks the no-fantasy Mount and Blade setting. Call it something else, like "Whistler".
This weapon becomes available at 30 STR and 10 Power Draw.
Rarely anybody gets to 30 Str and 10 PD, except cheaters. Lower to, say, 24 Str and 6 PD.
1. Quest giver tells you his favorite board game has been stolen by his jealous friend. He tells you he will reward you with his strongest weapon if you can retrieve his game. He says his friend left to a nearby town.
Board games were played by the aristocracy in medieval times, the peasants played with mud. What are the quest-giver and the thief? Rich merchants? Idle nobles? Genius villagers?
If you are introducing a board game, explain what it is. Chess is probably the easiest answer.
2. Going to the tavern of the nearby town and talking to the barkeep will get you the information that he tried to rob drunk patrons while clinging his board game tightly, and when he left the town was screaming you Orcs will never catch me. The bewildered barkeep tells you the village he was headed towards.
Ok, you may find it funny, but you are beginning to stretch credibility here. Unnecessarily, in my view. How likely is for a well-off person like the board-thief to pickpocket random people in a bloody tavern?? He may as well have offered free blowjobs, why stop with random theft of small change. Meh.
But let's go with kleptomania for now, as it provides motive for the original theft. Maybe make it more believable or hilarious - let's say he took a room in the tavern, but was then thrown out because he tried to steal the tavern-keeper's baby rattle toy (in keeping with his love of entertainment paraphernalia), or the town's bishop rosary or something else.
3. Talking to the village elder he tells you that he did see him after he was caught peeping on the young girls in the baths. When he was chased out of the village he was screaming something about Black Riders. The elder tells you the direction he went in.
Just no. Remember that making him a kleptomaniac is already taxing on the player belief and immersion. Making up more random stuff is not hilarous and the player will simply give up on the story at this point. If something needs to happen everywhere he went, use a logical pattern, like stealing games and toys. For example, he shoveled all the villagers' mud on a cart and took off.
4. Upon arriving at a nearby town you head to the jail guard who tells you that he is locked up inside, but he won't let you see him.
5. At this point you have a few options: Persuasion check level 4, or 300 gold.
That's ok. But why was he locked? Maybe he tried to unload and hide the villagers' mud in the town well.
6. After that the guard will let you talk to him, he says he was caught trying to steal a horse in town so he could get to his beloved who was apparently a Elf maiden. He tells you he wasn't able to buy a horse because a group of bandits mugged him for everything he had and he lost the game to them.
No no no. No Elves, please. Even if you have Elves, they'll likely avoid humans, and only the top human guys can date the Elven chicks, not random thieves.
The bandits mugging him is somewhat contrived and reeks of "kill bandits quest" cliche - there are enough of those already. Why not make a town militia group that stole his stuff when they arrested them? And you can ambush the guy who stole the board at night when he's on patrol duty in the town. He can have some friends with him.
7. Nearby bandit group spawns (Small group(5-10) but fast moving 6.0) once they are defeated you retrieve the board as an item.
Yeah, town scene battles are more fun and challenging, especially if you must fight by yourself. The player's party is already more powerful than any bandits at this point (late mid-game).
8. Returning the board to the quest giver grants you the Elven Bow.
Maybe he describes to you a hiding place in some village or lair location, where you find it in a chest?

The story is still very weak. Why would you get an extremely powerful and expensive weapon for a board game?
The tasks are not related to archery at all, but tracking a random kleptomaniac. Needs at least one archery-related task, like taking a difficult shot.
The tasks are not challenging enough. You go to a few places and fight a few guys. Meh. Now, surviving an ambush by 20 archers by yourself is challenging and awesome.

Everything worth doing is worth doing well. If you give someone a fish, he shouldn't slap you with it. Typing is hard if the laptop is in the other village. Random didactic nonsense. :smile:

MadVader said:
You are surely enthusiastic about this. :smile:

Let's have some constructive criticism.

Elven Bow
Immediate trouble. Elven bows mean Elves, and that breaks the no-fantasy Mount and Blade setting. Call it something else, like "Whistler".
This weapon becomes available at 30 STR and 10 Power Draw.
Rarely anybody gets to 30 Str and 10 PD, except cheaters. Lower to, say, 24 Str and 6 PD.
1. Quest giver tells you his favorite board game has been stolen by his jealous friend. He tells you he will reward you with his strongest weapon if you can retrieve his game. He says his friend left to a nearby town.
Board games were played by the aristocracy in medieval times, the peasants played with mud. What are the quest-giver and the thief? Rich merchants? Idle nobles? Genius villagers?
If you are introducing a board game, explain what it is. Chess is probably the easiest answer.
2. Going to the tavern of the nearby town and talking to the barkeep will get you the information that he tried to rob drunk patrons while clinging his board game tightly, and when he left the town was screaming you Orcs will never catch me. The bewildered barkeep tells you the village he was headed towards.
Ok, you may find it funny, but you are beginning to stretch credibility here. Unnecessarily, in my view. How likely is for a well-off person like the board-thief to pickpocket random people in a bloody tavern?? He may as well have offered free blowjobs, why stop with random theft of small change. Meh.
But let's go with kleptomania for now, as it provides motive for the original theft. Maybe make it more believable or hilarious - let's say he took a room in the tavern, but was then thrown out because he tried to steal the tavern-keeper's baby rattle toy (in keeping with his love of entertainment paraphernalia), or the town's bishop rosary or something else.
3. Talking to the village elder he tells you that he did see him after he was caught peeping on the young girls in the baths. When he was chased out of the village he was screaming something about Black Riders. The elder tells you the direction he went in.
Just no. Remember that making him a kleptomaniac is already taxing on the player belief and immersion. Making up more random stuff is not hilarous and the player will simply give up on the story at this point. If something needs to happen everywhere he went, use a logical pattern, like stealing games and toys. For example, he shoveled all the villagers' mud on a cart and took off.
4. Upon arriving at a nearby town you head to the jail guard who tells you that he is locked up inside, but he won't let you see him.
5. At this point you have a few options: Persuasion check level 4, or 300 gold.
That's ok. But why was he locked? Maybe he tried to unload and hide the villagers' mud in the town well.
6. After that the guard will let you talk to him, he says he was caught trying to steal a horse in town so he could get to his beloved who was apparently a Elf maiden. He tells you he wasn't able to buy a horse because a group of bandits mugged him for everything he had and he lost the game to them.
No no no. No Elves, please. Even if you have Elves, they'll likely avoid humans, and only the top human guys can date the Elven chicks, not random thieves.
The bandits mugging him is somewhat contrived and reeks of "kill bandits quest" cliche - there are enough of those already. Why not make a town militia group that stole his stuff when they arrested them? And you can ambush the guy who stole the board at night when he's on patrol duty in the town. He can have some friends with him.
7. Nearby bandit group spawns (Small group(5-10) but fast moving 6.0) once they are defeated you retrieve the board as an item.
Yeah, town scene battles are more fun and challenging, especially if you must fight by yourself. The player's party is already more powerful than any bandits at this point (late mid-game).
8. Returning the board to the quest giver grants you the Elven Bow.
Maybe he describes to you a hiding place in some village or lair location, where you find it in a chest?

The story is still very weak. Why would you get an extremely powerful and expensive weapon for a board game?
The tasks are not related to archery at all, but tracking a random kleptomaniac. Needs at least one archery-related task, like taking a difficult shot.
The tasks are not challenging enough. You go to a few places and fight a few guys. Meh. Now, surviving an ambush by 20 archers by yourself is challenging and awesome.

Everything worth doing is worth doing well. If you give someone a fish, he shouldn't slap you with it. Typing is hard if the laptop is in the other village. Random didactic nonsense. :smile:

Yeah I am having a lot of fun :grin:

Also, I think you missed the butt of the joke for that quest.

But more on the topic, I think 30 STR and 10 Power Draw for a Legendary Weapon is fine, maybe 8 power draw 24 STR might be better though. It is supposed to be something that most people don't obtain, a rare and secret item.

While I understand your concerns with the plot holes it has, I am not exactly a writer, however, I thought it was hilarious.

And yeah a fight 1v20 bandit archers sounds crazy, and that would be a cool addition.

The point of these suggestions isn't to be incredibly specific in exactly how I want it to be done, or to spend massive amounts of time thinking and rethinking to the point of perfection. They are meant to simply list ideas, like a brainstorm. Some of them are well fleshed out, others are more spur of the moment cool ideas, some of which you realize later weren't all that cool.

Back
Top Bottom