Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

Hit the vote button if you liked an idea!

• I liked one of your ideas +1

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • I liked 2 of your ideas +2

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 3 of your ideas +3

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 4 of your ideas +4

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • I liked 5 of your ideas +5

Votes: 81 23.8%
  • I forgot how to count, and don't know what comes after 5. Great ideas though.

Votes: 198 58.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

-A market for sellswords, rewards for killing notorious outlaws.
-a Bandit faction.
-ability to sack a city.
-possible cutscenes or voices added to characters.
-ability to have children
-ability to train men in castles
-ability to increase exercise and strength traits in men
-ability to distinguish men who outlive the rest.
-ability to grow towns
-ability to build high walls around mountains, forts and castles,
-beach landing naval battles (vikings)
-ability to become right-hand man or lord.
-diversity of governments (not all this feudal bickering)

One thing I'd like to see is a jousting tournament as an ancillary to the regular tournaments. Just have two guys on horses with lances, add a fence in between them, and if they go out of bounds or jump the fence they instantly lose the match. It shouldn't be an entire tournament on its own (that would be boring), but it could be used as a way to determine the winner of a tournament (just have the two highest scorers joust), or just have it randomly show up between rounds, for example.

-Possibility to build your own settlement (like a hideout in a forest, founding new village (which might develop from your hideout) or even building a castle for some tremendous amount of gold... you could invest in it to get more profit, improve the defenses) the possibilities are many and I think that players will appreciate their own piece of land made only by themselves from a scratch. You know Robin Hood had a camp in Sherwood forest, Batman had his hideout, so did Oliver Queen in Arrow...

-Create your own laws - raising taxes (causing rebellion and unrest + people are going to hate you)
                                          - lower taxes ( people are going to like you more if they don´t have to pay taxes)
                                          -compulsory recruitment of young people (50% more recruits)
                                          - Trial by combat (bandits and lowborn will like you more, nobles won´t like it)
                                          -no hunting in King´s wood allowed...
                                            .... the list could go on and on but I think you´ve already made a picture
-more types of settlements - villages, castles, towns  + hideouts (pirate hideouts on an islands, bandit hideouts in mountains and forests...) , mining villages (gold, iron, silver, salt, ....),                                                    woodcutter´s villages, churches, oasis,
                                                  -Adding interaction options to the new settlements like looting, trading, quests, investing, making orders (for example having a statue build in your own settlement by a poor stone-cutters from stone mine)

-high end fantasy content (could be disabled/enabled in options) - from a certain level (lets say 25) trade your experience for permanent buffs or legendary items which will give you damage resistance, health regeneration, improved strength, attack speed or will help to make some coin (magic bag of gold (2000gold/week))
                              - you could also learn spells (for experience) or for free and use experience for casting (players might use it to get from a tight spot and change output of important difficult battles)
                              - you know like Thor´s Hammer, Excalibur, ..... or you could even make your own items like Crown of the first king of Swadia who united Calradia many years ago...
                            -It could motivate players to play even more but it might be necessary to make even harder fights (when you are wining, the enemy vassals are making alliances to defeat you etc.) so the legendary content might actually be useful
                            -Epic quests like killing a dragon (high end content equipment necessary) earning title of Dragonslayer and making every woman want to bed you
                          -pay archaeologists (30k or so) to dig at a burial site for a small chance to get legendary items

-Technology system - inventing a crossbows, improving your items and inventing new ones (better ships, higher profit of factories and settlements belonging to a high tech faction)
                                        - Price of items recruits etc. increases over time so it forces player to invest more gold in technologies so he keeps up with the game pace)

-I really like the ship system in Viking Conquest and I hope you will keep it.

-Option to buy a caravan - you could buy a caravan to trade between your cities so you could make some profit and make your settlements more prosperous

-earning renown for every lady you manage to bed

-Improve diplomacy
For example in late game if you have lots of vassals, you make most of them angry when you give a fief to some other vassal.
Possibility of unrest or even a rebellion in your own holdings if inhabitans don´t like you - rogue king will appear with an army (and perhaps can be bought with gold...)
Creating alliances with other houses or factions (I used to have like 40 reputation in kingdom of Rhodoks, everything went fine and then they suddenly attacked my faction!  :shock: )
Creating trade agreements
Creating technology agreement with another faction/vassal (pay 10k and receive technology boost after 3 weeks pass)

-upgrades from floris:
Companions picking equipment for you, selling/buying items automatically, companions equipping themselves automatically
Different quality of equipment
Buying land to rent it and make money
Having your new troops recruited and trained by your servant

-more types of factories, more goods, more types and levels for your troops (like 7 or 8 ranks, not just 4)

-possibility to equip your troops with blunt weapons (for a fee) so they can become slavers (hate it when I order my units to use blunt weapons only, they sheath their swords and stop attacking because they have no blunt weapons)...

-Improve AI tactic map intelligence especially when cooperating with a player (make your vassals easier to control on tactic map)
It is really weird if you are for example besieging a city and when you attack first your vassals won´t join you and you have to fight alone.

-Improve intelligence of troops in battle . The troops get stucked very easily

-sending scouts to catch raiders who are moving faster than you

-make fortifications while defending in the open

-add religion - a possibility to found a new religion, choose religion holy places, become a head of religion, spread religion (by investing gold of course) - another high end content

-Managing your party members position in battle:
make it automatic - for example you could choose in options how you would like to distribute your troops so you don´t have click like 20 times to move every 1 new type of unit again and again to the top
                          - this might be even better solution: The troops could remember where they used to be before their unit was destroyed and new units will go to the position automatically without  players moving then manually

To be honest I love a lot of your ideas! And although you posted the warning about the intro not being complete, I read it and think its pretty great. Hope the devs read these and put some of them in, I can think of three ideas that I didn't like out of the many you did post.

If in 5 years I could have M&B2 with skyrim gameplay or some other open world game with all the enhances I would die happy.
Think about it, your travelling and you see an army marching by, like yo that would be amazing.

Rebel King said:
If in 5 years I could have M&B2 with skyrim gameplay or some other open world game with all the enhances I would die happy.
Think about it, your travelling and you see an army marching by, like yo that would be amazing.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Here is another suggestion concerning modding mainly.
It'd be to allow external libraries to be ran on Bannerlord servers (not clients).
Basically you'd be able to add your own libraries (.dll for Windows & .so for Linux) and in the game scripts you would be able to send and receive messages to this library.

It'd definitely bring the developement to a new level.
However, it effectively could be dangerous for hosters, but that's the risk, if you don't want to have a chance to be hacked, don't get libraries from unknown sources.

Would there be some way to make the pathfinding AI in combat more comprehensive?
I mean instead of mindlessly charging at a random enemy and swinging like an idiot they could be more aware of multiple threats from the front and sides while staying in formation.
Like how the formations from the Total War games work.

It'd be interesting to have a system where if a lord dies, the power is then given to his eldest son and etc, and eventually once that line is dead... power is passed down to the best warrior and so on. So the world changes around you and you meet different foes.

Miller786 said:
Rebel King said:
You are going to be so disappointed lol

Gab-AG. said:
ToyBoat said:
Miller786 said:
Rebel King said:
You are going to be so disappointed lol

Totally not.

Totally yes.

Kingdom Come:grin:elayed Chopped Deliverance

Almost a year ago I made a thread with some shield related suggestions:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,314273.msg7453836.html#msg7453836

To sum the suggestion up, it's a possible way to make shields more interesting and varied (shields with different uses instead of mostly just looks). Also, it would allow blocking and attacking simultaneously without destroying the balance.

Nomad system for nomads.

Both economic and ruling wise, it would be a nice touch to have a bit of uniqueness to forms of rule.
I don't really have a great idea atm, but 1257 mod, despite engine limitations had a pretty nice symbolic represantation of hordes.

Perhaps for a game that is in the making, some new dynamics could open up great possibilities.
It'd be a nice touch if the nomadic culture had a unique horde system with maybe even moving settlements in the steppes, and unique ways of raising soldiers or getting prestige to become khan ....etc.

OH. And it'd be lovely if shortbow and longbow archery animations were proper.
Nomadics of the time used the thumb-draw. A very big detail for horse archery.
Shouldn't be very easy to make different animations for composite bows and other bows.

More than anything else, give us a Multiplayer map-based Campaign, like Strategus from cRPG but preferably not as crude.

Multiplayer map-base campaign gives the game double the potential.

TheTeutonicPaladin said:
More than anything else, give us a Multiplayer map-based Campaign, like Strategus from cRPG but preferably not as crude.

^^^ yea man wat he said. lets be real ehre someting like strat multiplayer campaign would elongate the life of the game. i kno i'd buy the game in 2 sec flat if i heard it had a multi campaign! Damn. that is really all i wanted out of warband tbh

TheTeutonicPaladin said:

like strategus?  :idea: :arrow: I was hopin for something a bit more dynamic, like a giant open world multiplayer where you lead around AI ( tho it takes longer to move up in the world) and meet other players parties. Clans operate as big groups and can take castles etc.  strategus having a big crayon drawn map, a professional studio like taleworlds/paradox could do a lot better. Really though i think that multiplayer campaign is sorely needed in upcoming bannerlord, like medieval 2 didn't have but shouldve.

Like imagine this. Wouldnt it be epic if you led your ai warriors into a town, some idiot starts a fight with you and calls you a nub, you slash him with your sword and your men start attacking him and his men? then one of your buddies from across the town sees and charges with his own party at the dude who called you a nub? Gd I can think of SO many EPIC scenarios!!!! !! !

yahwehissatan said:
TheTeutonicPaladin said:

^^^ yea man wat he said. lets be real ehre someting like strat multiplayer campaign would elongate the life of the game. i kno i'd buy the game in 2 sec flat if i heard it had a multi campaign! Damn. that is really all i wanted out of warband tbh

for real :smile:

TheTeutonicPaladin said:

I think this is an amazing idea. The only reason I play cRPG (which is the only reason I play Mount and Blade: Warband) is for strategus.

talanarsis said:
TheTeutonicPaladin said:

I think this is an amazing idea. The only reason I play cRPG (which is the only reason I play Mount and Blade: Warband) is for strategus.

Same. strategus presents the opportunity of something greater beyond mere hack and slash button mash. It adds depth and a chance for deep stories and conflicts, drama and stuff. A multiplayer campaign is probably the best thing they could add to bannerlord

I could see a multiplayer co-op. Basically there would be the main character that everyone connects to, and then your friends are basically part of the party, and follow the main player.

Back
Top Bottom