Most wanted module system additions

Users who are viewing this thread

LCJr said:
Have troop defining flags independent of the guarantee flags.  At the very least an "archer" flag separate from guarantee_ranged. 
It is good idea. But would prefer determination troop type by actual equipment as it's done for mounted units. 

I think following adjustment would be nice.

"Close_window" would be automatically executed if the next state is "next_dialog" but in the current situation  no of "next_dialog"s has valid conditions block. It would prevent game from hung up in case of errors if dialogs.

Quests would have more slots for text information (at least 32 instead of  8 ), have type  and possibility to sort/filter them by type in quest log. It would convert quest log to fullscale journal and allow to maintain notes, tips, quests and other information in proper order..

A set faction name operation might be useful and probably wouldn't take long to implement (I want the ability to change a faction name).

After starting my own modding, my main wishes are:

1. Tidy up the items.py so its item categories are grouped in descending order (least powerful first etc). [I already fixed mine, but it should be fixed in the official module.]
2. Ability to reference to custom source files so you dont have to edit the clean modules, just refer them to your own ones with additional troop info etc.
3. More than 2 troop upgrades

johansa said:
After starting my own modding, my main wishes are:

2. Ability to reference to custom source files so you dont have to edit the clean modules, just refer them to your own ones with additional troop info etc.

You can already do that, check out the source files for some of the major mods.

johansa said:

Learn Python.

yellowmosquito said:
Make it possible to override core_ brf files from CommonRes with ones in our module's resource folder.

Thanks.

change load_resource to load_mod_resource

Fujiwara said:
yellowmosquito said:
Make it possible to override core_ brf files from CommonRes with ones in our module's resource folder.

Thanks.

change load_resource to load_mod_resource

the core_xxx.brf files are different in that they are not listed in the module.ini file, so this means that they are always loaded.  When you add an entry to the updated files in your module using load_mod_resource, you get the "attempt to reregister" error.  I haven't been able to find a way around this problem yet.  :sad:

A max_effective_range flag for ranged weapons,
AI wouldn't take chances beyond that range. Could be modified by proficiency somewhat.

Useful for close quarters ranged weapons (javelin, stones, pistols etc..)

Make reload_musket an immobile action, like reloading a crossbow.

the cannot use on horseback flag seems to be broken (for firearms at least, anyone tried crossbows?) the message about not being reloadable comes up, but the character reloads anyway.

I am not sure for "cannot use on horseback flag"
But i saw the similar situation with "can't block flag".
The effect of this  flag (itp_no_parry) can be overwritten by parry flags in item capabilities (i.e. itc_parry_two_handed).
So probaly to make "cannot use on horseback flag" works correct you should remove some (itc_*) flags from item capabilities.

Various bitwise operations:

val_shift_left (val_shift_left,>dest>,<n places>) : dest = dest << n
val_shift_right : dest = dest >> n

store_and (store_and,<dest>,<op1>,<op2>) : dest = op1 & op2
store_or : dest = op1 | op2
store_xor : dest = op1 ^ op2
store_not : (store_not,<dest>,<op1>) : dest = ~op1

This would make the implementation of bitfields for custom flags much cleaner and less bug-prone

I'd like to be able to put two strings together right after each other. Like "hel" and "lo" to "hello". As a string like this: "{s1}{s2}" doesn't work and we  have to have a space between them, I'd like to have a command to merge two strings.

Highlander said:
As a string like this: "{s1}{s2}" doesn't work and we  have to have a space between them,
Nope. From native mod

Code:
(str_store_string, s1, "@Current party morale is {reg5}.^Current party morale modifiers are:^^Base morale:  +50^Party size: {s2}{reg1}^Leadership: {s3}{reg2}^Food variety: {s4}{reg3}{s5}{s6}^Recent events: {s7}{reg4}^TOTAL:  {reg5}"),

There is no space between {s5}{s6}.

Just done some testing. It is only firearms that override the "can't use on horse" flag. Crossbows are fine.. hope to see this fixed :smile: Also crossbow style immobility for reload_musket.

Highlander, this works similarly:

Code:
(str_store_string,s1,'@{s1}{s2}'),

Which is basically s1 += s2

Dain Ironfoot said:
Just done some testing. It is only firearms that override the "can't use on horse" flag.
IIRC bows override it as well, it is only enabled for crossbows. According to my testing that is, tried to make longbows unuseable from horseback and failed. I may have screwed up, however.

It is cool that current module system allows to define reaction on some keys. But this can easy conflict with reactions that defines in game menu.

I would like that mods can use additional keys in safe way, i.e.

1. Mod declare that it use additional keys.
user_defined_ key_1
user_defined_ key_4
using command somewhat
(bind_key, <user key #>, <description>, [default key]),
(bind_key, user_defined_ key_1,”@Retreat”,key_r),
(bind_key, user_defined_ key_4,”@Beserk”),

2. Then instead of directly listening
(key_clicked, key_r),
(key_clicked, key_b),

listening 
(user_key_clicked, user_defined_ key_1),
(user_key_clicked, user_defined_ key_4),

3. If mod has declared additional keys, additional menu that allows to configurate mod defined keys reaction arrives in game menu somewhere in option->control.

Back
Top Bottom