Most wanted module system additions

Users who are viewing this thread

Would really love something like these.

(scene_props_in_contact,<instance number>,<instance number2>),  Would fail if the two scene props were not touching one another.
(scene_prop_set_slot,<instance number>,<slot>,<value>), Basically the same as all other set_slot operations.

And now that we have the physics engine,

(drop_scene_prop,<instance number>), Makes catapults that actually work like catapults possible among other things, as long as the ragdoll stayed active.

I would like to have the ability to get the agent who hits a scene prop in its trigger. It could be stored in the trigger parameter like damage and the instance.

I would like it if the particle system was functioning properly.
Though, I know that will be fixed.

I would like the ability to get who damages who and how much if at all possible(if it is already possible, I just dont know how so ignore this).

Also, it would be nice to have an easy way to get an agents party and party leader's faction.

I'd like to have a mission template flag that disables the function of the F1, F2, etc. keys, so that the player can't give orders with them.

Highlander said:
I'd like to have a mission template flag that disables the function of the F1, F2, etc. keys, so that the player can't give orders with them.
Just so you know, that can already be effectively done by setting up a trigger in that mission template which orders the players team to charge every tenth of a second. That way they would be set back to default ai almost immediately. Check header_operations for the command. I think its team_set_command or something like that.

I wouldnt mind an item flag that adjusts an item's position (helm, etc) based on a troops skin entry/race.  (r1, x,y,z, R2 x,y,z), etc.  This would be nice for mods that have creatures or races of different heights.  Maybe have -1 value (r1, -1,-1,-1..) to disallow an item for a given race.

I know that Highlander figured out a code to not allow you to access certain shops if you were a certain race.

It would be great if we could set packs of weapon animations. So the animations were not 2H/polearm/1H specific, but every weapon could choose from more animation packs. Like an axe pack, sword pack, sabre pack, mace pack...

If it's already possible, the better :smile:

I managed to get lances to break here: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1064.0.html.

But, if you read what is there you will see there are some problems.

MOST WANTED***What I would like from the devs is the ability to equip and remove items in a mission_template without having to access the inventory to get the items to change.  (currently if you force equip an agent while in a mission template, the equipment the player is using does not change until the inventory is accessed, a new item is picked up off the ground, or the mission ends.  Basically, I want to use the same thing that picking stuff up off the ground uses.***--Something like troop_equip_items but agent_equip_items if that helps clarify this at all.

Second Most Wanted**It would also be nice to be able to get the amount of kills and wounds the player has done that does not count what the player's horse does.  Currently if the player's horse runs into an enemy it counts as the player wounding or killing the enemy.  This is fine, but I would also like an operation to get the non-horse kills and wounds.
It would be really nice to be able to get when the player injures or kills a horse, because I want to make the lance have an increased chance of breaking then.**

Here are some other stuff I listed in that post:
I would like the ability to access the inventory from any screen(mission_template, dialog, game_menu, etc) with a operation like change_screen_inventory.
It would be nice to make it so lances can have hit points and can break (but maybe have an option for it so it isnt mandatory), and the ability to modify how much hit points the lances have(like shields and horses), and how often lances break(maybe the more damage that is dealt to an enemy, the more likely the lance is to break?  This last part of this idea would not be a module system addition).  This way it doesnt take up a trigger that has to be called every .1 seconds and isnt restricted to the player.

It'd be nice to be able to specify the amount of bonus a weapon can have vs. shields and things... for example, we could set firearm bullets to do 999 vs. shields and so smash through a shield in one go. Or have specific anti shield javelins etc.

Timed triggers on scene props or weapons. If I want a certain scene prop to do something every tenth of a second, I don't want to edit every single mission template in which it may or may not appear.

A loop break operation, something simple like (break_loop), or just (break). It could return a value to reg0 to indicate success or failure of breaking out of a loop (essentially, if the operation were used outside of a try_for_range loop, it would indicate failure), but that certainly wouldn't be necessary. This would definitely speed up execution of recursive loops that loop thousands of time to simulate a while loop.

Mirathei said:
Timed triggers on scene props or weapons. If I want a certain scene prop to do something every tenth of a second, I don't want to edit every single mission template in which it may or may not appear.

seconded.  Even if it's ti(+5 seconds)_on weapon_attack
or similar, it will give a nice flexibility in weapon and prop effects.

Sir.Hypocrite said:
This might sound stupid, but how about looting corpses after a victory?

Whassapointinthat?

the game does it for you, to an extent, and thus saves you the trouble of tramping round the battlefield inspecting corpses like a tramp. And the shame of of feeling like a scab.

Fujiwara said:
A loop break operation, something simple like (break_loop), or just (break). It could return a value to reg0 to indicate success or failure of breaking out of a loop (essentially, if the operation were used outside of a try_for_range loop, it would indicate failure), but that certainly wouldn't be necessary. This would definitely speed up execution of recursive loops that loop thousands of time to simulate a while loop.

Does this work now? If so then the break statement doesn't really save all that much time.

(try_for_range, ":i", 0, 5),
  (do_something_interesting),
  (try_begin),
    (some_interesting_test),
    (assign, ":i", 100),
  (try_end),
  (lt, ":i", 5),
  (do_more_interesting_stuff),
(try_end),

(try_begin),
  (eq, ":i", 100),
  (display_message, "@holy crap you broke out of that loop!!!!1!!1"),
(try_end),

I can see you didn't catch my drift, by being able to loot corpses you get everything they had before dying or getting knocked out. When you win a battle you barely even get half of all the equipment your enemies had or your dead soldiers had, maybe I wasn't clear enough the first time.

Back
Top Bottom