Most Tempting Targets

What is the most tempting target for you to attack?

• Caravan (40)

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Sea raiders (10-20)

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Looters/bandits (10-30)

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Small warparty (30-60)

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Large warparty (60+)

Votes: 22 31.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Lulzalot

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Lets assume you are going about your business to do something fairly important (joining the king for a campaign or rushing to the aid of a castle, etc.) and have anywhere from 40 to 80 soldiers.  What kind of target would it take for you to abandon what you are doing in pursuit of what you just found?  I put in numbers since obviously not all of us want to attack a party of 200 men on sight.

Caravans are like crack for me.  Its as if the mounds of riches are just begging to be plucked like a ripe piece of fruit.

Once i have basic gear and an average army i dont care about enemy type or numbers ( unless extremelly high) its all about the rank and numbers of prisioners the enemy party has... all about prisioners.

If its a small party you can up your numbers, if facing big powerful parties you can compensate losses with the prisioners.

Same goes with sieges. 

No vote from me... but if i had to pick one i would say sea raiders are very useful for gear early on.

I voted large war parties...but only ones with a quite large amount of high tier troops.

Caravans are also nice to target.

I picked caravans because the enemy settlements' prosperity is affected by caravans entering them. Cut off their supply lines and the enemy seems to afford less troops of lower quality.

It doesn't affect things much, but every little bit helps.

Wasn't Sea Riders' loot nerfed?
I mean, I find no more hauberk like I used to loot in 0.9x versions.

I think the only target that could sway me from my path is a large war party. And only so they can't do any mischief while I'm away.

only large war partys but every once in a while i will chase down a couple looters with my 150 man war party and butcher em for a couple laughs at the moment i am working on how to take down ever lord of the rhodocks wich is quite a bit since i have concurred the vaegirs and swadians
mountblade2009-02-1013-04-28-25.jpg

yea... i am boned

Large groups of Sea Raiders. Just move my low-tier troops up to the top, keep a few top-tier cavalry in, and absolutely butcher them. Easy XP, free upgrades, easy morale, and ridiculously quick battles.

Mama Sumae said:
Once i have basic gear and an average army i dont care about enemy type or numbers ( unless extremelly high) its all about the rank and numbers of prisioners the enemy party has... all about prisioners.

If its a small party you can up your numbers, if facing big powerful parties you can compensate losses with the prisioners.

Agree wholeheartedly.  Especially if the prisoners are higher-tier than what I've got already.  And the odd bandit or sea-raider joining your horde is icing.

Otherwise caravans.  Caravan Guards are immensly butcherable and you can usually replen your food supplies.

Sea raiders are what I start with attacking to gear up and get money, but I think once I get farther in, it's the big lords that are going to grab my attention.

I always go out of my way to beat up looters when I see them. There's just something gratifying about how easily killed they are.

Trinexx said:
I always go out of my way to beat up looters when I see them. There's just something gratifying about how easily killed they are.
But I don't need a small army to do that - I beat them up while alone or with only my companions.

The bigger the warparty, the better.  I came across an epic battle.  Every remaining Rhodok scumbag, totalling over 600, was pitted against King Ragnar's party which was down to 80 men.  I had 50 swadian knights with me, even though my party limit is 171.  130 against 600 and we pwned their tails.  I play on absolute maximum difficulty.  That was fun.

Back
Top Bottom