Most pressing multiplayer issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

AoC

Master Knight
General gameplay issues:

- Silent Horses, they don't give any clue that they are right behind you which make defending against them very hard.
- Very wide swings, on-horse stabs make using any medium length weapon very hard when with teammates and make teamhitting a norm. Swings should be still telegraphed but less wide.
- Very fast horses, they move way too fast.
- Horses not taking environmental damage where they should, which is pretty much everywhere.
- Too fast weapon changing to/from big weapons and sheathing those.
- Shield slow down too much, and passively don't defend enough against ranged.
- Shield cover too wide, sometimes it cover even if you attack someone nearly from behind.
- Friendly fire off (should be minor reflective melee FF and major reflective ranged FF).
- Pierce damage too effective against armor, should be toned down a lot (like deal 25-30% against ~40 armor enemies), mostly ranged but spears are really good too.

TDM specific:
- People don't spawn in batches near their temmates which lead to spawning near group of enemies and instant death.
- Map specific spawns are often poorly thought, and there are too few places that are safe with multiple exit points (should not serve as camping spots too).
- Gold generation should follow different formula.
10 gold for first kill and assist
4 gold for each kill + 1 for each 3 points in cost difference (so if you are 100 cost unit and kill 130 gold unit you get 14 gold, right now it's 17)
10 gold for each 3rd kill
8/6/4/2/2/2/2 for subsequent assists
- No extra gold for outnumbered faction ever, instead tight lock (You can't join more numerous team).
- Extra POINTS for outnumbered faction, no idea how much but reward them if a lot of people quit from the team to make it fair.

Siege specific:
- Not all spawns should spawn at the start, it should be two flags tops.
- Spawns should move forward with flag capture and flag secure.
- Boulders shouldn't work like they do on same elevation level, they should be used to kill people on ladders, not to work as one hit kill wonders.

Deathmatch:
- Where it is? It's one of the most popular modes, and it's way better than duels.

Captain and Skirmish:
- No idea, aren't both of them dead?

honestly half of your ideas are not just awfull, they were already bringed in game during EA and obviously removed because they breaked game hard
In short words - cavalry is absolutely OK and if you cant kill it with cavalry breaker perks - its really skill issue bro
In second - heavy infantry is already an absolute meta of game in every mode, and giving more speed with shield, more wide swings and more armor aganist piercing atacks will devastate idea of classes, noone will use anything but heavy infantry. Honestly its already in game - 99% of good players use only heavy infantry due absolute advantage over other classes, buffing them even more is incredibly stupid.

how can there be any issues if theres no multiplayer? out of sight, out of mind.
(its dead)
however hundreds of people still playing it everyday and we are talking about it on forums
Of course its not CSGO or some sh*t but i have an opinion that MP has some very good premise, its just handled poorly

honestly half of your ideas are not just awfull, they were already bringed in game during EA and obviously removed because they breaked game hard
In short words - cavalry is absolutely OK and if you cant kill it with cavalry breaker perks - its really skill issue bro
In second - heavy infantry is already an absolute meta of game in every mode, and giving more speed with shield, more wide swings and more armor aganist piercing atacks will devastate idea of classes, noone will use anything but heavy infantry. Honestly its already in game - 99% of good players use only heavy infantry due absolute advantage over other classes, buffing them even more is incredibly stupid.
Cavalry is not ok, they dominate TDM and Siege. Not only they pick their encounter, but also have edge against their designated counter. They are silent death with no much escape buttons it's not funny.
It's not skill issue, and if you can't absolutely dominate you sucks and need l2p. It's price point is about right, for 300 you get your gold worth ez.

Who told you that i want to give them wider swings, quite the opposing.

Heavy infantry is played as much because it's most fun class, not because it's strongest.

"how can there be any issues if theres no multiplayer? out of sight, out of mind."

Actually, servers are often full. Skirmish and captain are dead, others are fine.

Cavalry is not ok, they dominate TDM and Siege. Not only they pick their encounter, but also have edge against their designated counter. They are silent death with no much escape buttons it's not funny.
It's not skill issue, and if you can't absolutely dominate you sucks and need l2p. It's price point is about right, for 300 you get your gold worth ez.

Who told you that i want to give them wider swings, quite the opposing.

Heavy infantry is played as much because it's most fun class, not because it's strongest.

"how can there be any issues if theres no multiplayer? out of sight, out of mind."

Actually, servers are often full. Skirmish and captain are dead, others are fine.
Heavy infantry with long spear deals 150-180 damage to a horse as a headstrike, witch one shots light horses, and leaves a sligth part of health for a second strike to a heavy horse. Braced spear one shots almost anything in game when used correctly. If you have an issue with that i can train you how to use this on duel mode, foot spearman always beats cavalry with proper weapons.

And i dont see any issue about horses being silent, i use cheapass 10$ 6 years old dynamics and can hear every hallope quite easily, dont *hear* an issue with that

Cavalry dominate Siege? what? have you actually played this mode?

Howevery i can somewhat agree with you on TDM mode - cavalry matters most in this mode tbh. Not like this mode have any matter - its literally run'n'kill mode for fun

As a solve i could give more free spears to most foot soldiers - like give medium spears to all heavy inf (at least on this mode) and give longer one on cavalry breaker perk, also give more short spears to light infantry, re-introduce Vlandian/Aserai Pikes etc...

Heavy infantry with long spear deals 150-180 damage to a horse as a headstrike, witch one shots light horses, and leaves a sligth part of health for a second strike to a heavy horse. Braced spear one shots almost anything in game when used correctly. If you have an issue with that i can train you how to use this on duel mode, foot spearman always beats cavalry with proper weapons.

And i dont see any issue about horses being silent, i use cheapass 10$ 6 years old dynamics and can hear every hallope quite easily, dont *hear* an issue with that

Cavalry dominate Siege? what? have you actually played this mode?
Doesn't really matters, it's not infantry that choose the encounter. Might be skill issue on my part, and fact that i don't pick the perk as i get more kills picking extra speed instead so i never really bothered to be cavalry killer. So going for it is detrimental to my overall score.

I don't hear it, i might invest in better soundbar or something. I'm deaf? Maybe, but multiple people have problem with it so i'm not deaf alone.

Yes, cavalry dominate that battanian map with henge, very easy access and i've seen people do really well with it. Overall, it's heavy ranged infantry that are the best here (and worst on TDM, spawns really hit them hard there).

Doesn't really matters, it's not infantry that choose the encounter. Might be skill issue on my part, and fact that i don't pick the perk as i get more kills picking extra speed instead so i never really bothered to be cavalry killer. So going for it is detrimental to my overall score.

I don't hear it, i might invest in better soundbar or something. I'm deaf? Maybe, but multiple people have problem with it so i'm not deaf alone.

Yes, cavalry dominate that battanian map with henge, very easy access and i've seen people do really well with it. Overall, it's heavy ranged infantry that are the best here (and worst on TDM, spawns really hit them hard there).
Stabbing horses gives a lot of score, maybe not kills unless you dismount the rider. You are also playing more casual game modes where your allies are going to be ignorant of cav more often than not, so they have the appearance of being the top class.

Cav sounds are not perfect, but they do seem to be more base heavy so gaming headsets that reduce base might cause some issues.

Stabbing horses gives a lot of score, maybe not kills unless you dismount the rider. You are also playing more casual game modes where your allies are going to be ignorant of cav more often than not, so they have the appearance of being the top class.

Cav sounds are not perfect, but they do seem to be more base heavy so gaming headsets that reduce base might cause some issues.
If it's casual mode, ez mode choices should be harder - not easier. So the mode is balanced around teammates who ignore cav.
Maybe that's the issue? Have to tinker with settings.

Back
Top Bottom