Most important feature of new duel mode

Do you want 2vs2 or 3vs3 on new duel mode?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

no point for 3v3
Because inf skills will be only shown in a massive battle.
Plan your path, go through a chaotic crowd, picking your targets, or be interrupted by encountering a duel.
What's the point of inf fight less than 12 people?
Ya, the current inf fight is totally pointless, just brainlessly hits the right mouse button then pretending we are playing a game.
oh, and of course, we have throwing weapons. So its a kind of shield+ranged class

no point for 3v3
Plan your path, go through a chaotic crowd, picking your targets, or be interrupted by encountering a duel.
Ya, the current inf fight is totally pointless, just brainlessly hits the right mouse button then pretending we are playing a game.
oh, and of course, we have throwing weapons. So its a kind of shield+ranged class
ye no point in duel mode either, u should make a petition to delete the upcoming duel mode bro

Ranked 2v2 or 3v3 with small map or restricted area on actual maps would be really lovely. Furthermore a fast tournament mode (like in call of duty with 8/16 teams (with 2 / 3ppl) playing at the same time) battling through the single elimination ladder would be even more sweet. We have already searching for public matches so adding fresh module should be easy, yes? (no, lol. nearly 9 years now of development intensifies)

Generally about losing interest in the game. It has no system to attract old and new players to keep playing. There is a big space for things like badges / levels / ranks (?) / Obtainable (not purchasable!) Cosmetic things. Except rewards there is no personality in our game characters (besides face, height and clan). We need our custom coat of arms or at least some customable templates. We need something more than this maybe custom signature of our foe showing below after killing us (again from cod xd). There is no private servers like in warband so the game can't handle itself without something extra at this moment.

And yes! - we need more interesting modes like this proposed in the 1st post even if the meele inf is ****e right now.
Just my opinion:party:

you can't have fun as infantry in the game that doesn't support melee combat in any way and which melee combat's system is way worse than its predecessor lmao

you can't have fun as infantry in the game that doesn't support melee combat in any way and which melee combat's system is way worse than its predecessor lmao
You can't have any fun as infantry as long as the class system doesn't offer you the option to run around naked with a club and a straw hat

no point for 3v3
No point in anything then
You need different skill for different kind of fights like 1v1 / 3v3 / 12v12 / 100v100
And different kinds of movement and strategy are needed in each one of those
I don't see the point
3v3 would be mach fun

The most important feature is that there will be some way for noobs to cheese and get kills and that their terrible k/d won't be displayed so they don't leave in shame.

Let's keep it short. Infantry players are losing interest in the game even more and more. As improvments to their life are comming very slow, they either quit or change classes cuz their potential on skirmish is heavily limited by meta that encourages kiting, throwing, and using as many non-infantry classes as possible. Main proof is difference between inf/cav/archer players percentage in pickups when they were orginally hosted few months back and now. We literally had to lift 2/2/2 ban cuz each game someone was forced to play infantry. So, how to keep infantry players invested and make their life less miserable? SMALL INF TEAMFIGHT MODULE. And how to achieve that? Just add 2vs2 or 3vs3 to new shiny duel mode, not only it will be a great improvment, but also will bring a lot of interest in the game.
Or a teamdeathmatch with only inf and 60 players but this would be good aswell.

It's cool that they're bringing in a duel mode, but besides different classes to choose and systems to stop griefing, this mode won't provide anything different from the current pass worded Duel server. I don't like how they're having to spend this much time on the mode when it could probably be spent fixing bigger issues or working on more interesting modes.

That might be an unpopular opinion because I know a lot of people are fiending the Duel mode. But if you ask me they should've gone balls deep and went straight for Battle to actually offer up a different experience to what we have now.

EDIT: After actually reading the OP, a feature like that would get me a bit more interested in the mode. 2v2 or 3v3 could be pretty fun.

It's cool that they're bringing in a duel mode, but besides different classes to choose and systems to stop griefing, this mode won't provide anything different from the current pass worded Duel server. I don't like how they're having to spend this much time on the mode when it could probably be spent fixing bigger issues or working on more interesting modes.

That might be an unpopular opinion because I know a lot of people are fiending the Duel mode. But if you ask me they should've gone balls deep and went straight for Battle to actually offer up a different experience to what we have now.

EDIT: After actually reading the OP, a feature like that would get me a bit more interested in the mode. 2v2 or 3v3 could be pretty fun.
I agree that making duel instead of Battle would be a big mistake, if they are diverting efforts from battle to do so, that is.

I agree that making duel instead of Battle would be a big mistake, if they are diverting efforts from battle to do so, that is.
Well Duel was always planned to come out much earlier than battle from their statements so I don't think they're really diverting their effort, but I don't really agree with their priorities there. I'd be surprised if they've even started work on Battle at this stage tbh.

No point in anything then
You need different skill for different kind of fights like 1v1 / 3v3 / 12v12 / 100v100
And different kinds of movement and strategy are needed in each one of those
I don't see the point
3v3 would be mach fun

2v2, 3v3, those are how Warband clan ppl do the daily/weekly training.
Of course, we all know how it looked like.
and of cause, it's fun.
However, massive battles have more depth and funnier.

Theoretically, a human can only process maximum 50-60 bits information inputs at the same time.
In the massive battle, incoming information is overwhelming.
you can't handle all information, your enemies neither.
Then we start to be creative. We use misdirection, we create illusions, we attack from blind spots.
How could these happen in a tiny fight?

-------------------
For the same reason, melee infs are important. Because they are slow!!!
slow means relatively stable.
If you are a great artist, you might want to paint on a piece of paper, or a rock, or on the floor... any stable material should be fine.
Will you try to paint on a bowl of water?

Last edited:
There was a groupfighting server in napolean that was exactly this, a small enclosed space with just infantry,

it was great one of the best servers,

im sure once custom servers come out we will have this, but for taleworlds to do it might be unrealistic, they have alot more to do then program another game mode,

let them fix the game/ debug it and let custom servers make the good modes that we will play

Back
Top Bottom