Most important feature of new duel mode

Do you want 2vs2 or 3vs3 on new duel mode?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Let's keep it short. Infantry players are losing interest in the game even more and more. As improvments to their life are comming very slow, they either quit or change classes cuz their potential on skirmish is heavily limited by meta that encourages kiting, throwing, and using as many non-infantry classes as possible. Main proof is difference between inf/cav/archer players percentage in pickups when they were orginally hosted few months back and now. We literally had to lift 2/2/2 ban cuz each game someone was forced to play infantry. So, how to keep infantry players invested and make their life less miserable? SMALL INF TEAMFIGHT MODULE. And how to achieve that? Just add 2vs2 or 3vs3 to new shiny duel mode, not only it will be a great improvment, but also will bring a lot of interest in the game.

Sure, it'd be nice but it has been a year and they haven't even managed a basic duel mode, how long do you think this would take?

Sure, it'd be nice but it has been a year and they haven't even managed a basic duel mode, how long do you think this would take?
I believe duel will come with 1.6 most likely, as big milestone update. They already made a video presenting it.

Devs said that they intend to make duel server do exactly that and be able to have team fights but it will not be there at the start and only a 30 person server.

To me the most crucial part of duel server is extending the coming team speak ment for captain and skirm to be public voip in duel. Would make it 100% more interesting

Your solution to fixing infantry isn't balancing it, but just make a different gamemode for them alltogether and leave them be sh!t for other gamemodes

am i reading it wrong?

The poll is kind of pointless, but i agree to have small meelebrawls in some form would be awesome. In Skirmish you cant have them unless you organize them yourself or have a lot of luck. This whole skirmisher meta is really frustrating, i hope devs will one day understand that melee fighting should be the cornerstone of every match-up, not who throws and kites the best.

@Younes
Its about having a place for only melee group fighting, you read it wrong. Infantry in Skirmish needs to be buffed, everybody agrees on that.

iirc I heard that this is planned to be implemented but first 1v1 was released as that is the basis. Also would love to be able to have different classes duel against each other (so 2 inf and 1 archer against 1-1-1) would be amazing. Barely see a reason to play random skirm games then though :grin:

What they really need is a Tournament Mode with three skill levels... and a whole assortment of badges to motivate the MP community. (Not that I care about badges, but some do, and that would help repopulate the servers.)

Additionally, you should be able to do mismatch fights as well (1v2, 2v3, 1cav2inf v 1arch2inf, etc.). The best part of the current duel server is the flexibility (worst part is no team damage), so it would be sad if those kinds of setups were impossible to create and fight with moving forward.

Maybe it's a non-issue if we have private servers but since we don't and won't anytime soon...

Additionally, you should be able to do mismatch fights as well (1v2, 2v3, 1cav2inf v 1arch2inf, etc.). The best part of the current duel server is the flexibility (worst part is no team damage), so it would be sad if those kinds of setups were impossible to create and fight with moving forward.

Maybe it's a non-issue if we have private servers but since we don't and won't anytime soon...
Should have a “free for all” area for scenario fights or group fights

It will at least make it possible for the accumulated melee knowledge not to rot away because it is simply not used right now in competitive.
Infantry has it's place in competitive skirmish, but it's not rewarding or fun.

Back
Top Bottom