Most Hated Infantry Unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Naridill said:
The entire Nord Archer branch, from the hunter down to the vet. Reason being that they're utterly pathetic. They're the worst ranged units in the game, and worse than the worst melee units in the game. I barely let them fight the peasantry, for god's sakes, they're so underbalanced that it hurts, especially compared to Swadian and Rhodok crossbowmen, who are all devastating also in melee, and Vaegir Archers, who are... beyond devastating.

How do your Nords fight Khergits?

i order my huscarls to hold position then stand closer and finally hold fire.
They will block lances with their shields and stop the attack and after that khergits are easy prey for the huscarls. usually i will tease enemys troops, so couple of them come after me. But my advice is try avoid fightin khergits whit nords. Unless you're besiegin castle

and the most hated infranty unit is  vaegir archer, because they always kiil some of my mens

ddrake said:
brutality183 said:
Bloody nords with Axe's...
ffs... no one can take out more then 8 nords by themselfs... ****ing pushing you with their axes...
bloody hate them...

mmmm, should be no problem as long as you are mounted and have proper weapons (eg bastard sword).
I have no problems in taking out 40 seariders on my own with heavy warhorse and balanced scimitar.
Oh yeah level 39 character too...  :grin:
That's the point: "MOUNTED". Everyone can take down an army of sea raiders with a horse :grin:. If he says "****ing pushing you with their axes..." you know he means on foot :grin:. Horses are just easy mode :razz:.But I started over with a Nord character on foot and now at least it's a bit of a challenge. I started over because I had about 70 Swadian Knights, I let them charge an army of about 100 average soldiers, I had every option on the most difficult, and without fighting myself and without shouting out any order but "charge". Not one of them died. So that's just too easy.

The most annoying unit of the game... Swadian Knight. Most annoying infantry unit: I guess Nord Huscarl (though they are under my command, so I wouldn't call em annoying :grin:). It's the only soldier that gets to level 28. They are not armed with spears yet when putting them in a tight block even swadian knights can't get through easily. They get stuck and surrounded, then butchered by the Nord axes ^^. They have good athletics, hitpoints and armor so they rarely get killed by archers and can quickly close the gap. And in prolonged infantry combat they are unbeatable. Actually, when fighting smart, they are more effective than the Swadian Knights, but you can fight yourself too :grin:.

kingofnoobia said:
ddrake said:
brutality183 said:
ffs... no one can take out more then 8 nords by themselfs... ****ing pushing you with their axes...
bloody hate them...

mmmm, should be no problem as long as you are mounted and have proper weapons (eg bastard sword).
I have no problems in taking out 40 seariders on my own with heavy warhorse and balanced scimitar.
That's the point: "MOUNTED". Everyone can take down an army of sea raiders with a horse :grin:. If he says "****ing pushing you with their axes..." you know he means on foot :grin:. Horses are just easy mode :razz:.

Eh, it's MOUNT & Blade, not Boot & Blade  :lol:
If you decide to play on foot only you are leaving 50% of Armagan's work unemployed  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

ddrake said:
kingofnoobia said:
ddrake said:
brutality183 said:
bloody hate them...

That's the point: "MOUNTED". Everyone can take down an army of sea raiders with a horse :grin:. If he says "****ing pushing you with their axes..." you know he means on foot :grin:. Horses are just easy mode :razz:.

Eh, it's MOUNT & Blade, not Boot & Blade  :lol:
If you decide to play on foot only you are leaving 50% of Armagan's work unemployed  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:
Not true. You don't need to be on a horse to enjoy killing one.

Rhodok sergeants. I used to lol at Rhodoks when playing an infantry two-handed character, they fell like wheat before my scythe (well, great axe). Then I started a medium cavalryman, and my lolling lasted until the first time I charged a big group, got stopped dead by the spearmen then killed dead by sergeants with glaives. Bastards. And they're nails in sieges too.

Ruthven said:
Not true. You don't need to be on a horse to enjoy killing one.

True instead, I can see those poor line codes of horse animation and control sitting idly and waiting for a job opportunity but nada....  :sad:

though it is often easier to kill the one on top and go on killing spree. not that it is impossible to do on foot, bacpeddling helps a lot, but horse is so much easier

I would say huskarls are the most annoying to deal with.  True, you mostly only see AI lords using maybe 1 or 2 but they will slaughter your boys by the dozens unless you personally put a stop to it.  Their huge ass shields make them annoying to take down with a bow, and going toe to toe with one can get messy.

But the A.I. likes to randomly stop blocking with their shield, so they're not that hard to take down with a bow. Especially when they're standing close together and you have a bunch of good archers or crossbowmen firing at them. :smile:

i could never be bothered with recruiting  and training armies. so i only fight with like 10 heroes on foot. They are virtually unstoppable until they come face to face with those damned huscarls. Huscarls will always be the last man fighting. In my days as a Vaegir i often found that upon getting up the ladder and onto the wall (after being pushed off it 50 times) i see the huscarls still fighting  amongst all their dead comrades. They don't go down without a fight and manage to like at least 3 of my heroes everytime i come into conflict with them. They're aforce to be reckoned with. So i decided to cut my losses join the nords and turn my heroes into fake huscarls

least favorite unit... well id say khergit lancers because they never have the damn guts to turn around and stop running away on those damned coursers and it takes a hell of along time go after the last ones on the field, especially in mounted areas... but since its infantry units... i have to say rhodok seargents  :grin:... cuz they suck... and i hate them :sad:... and ever vaegir in existence... and every infantry soldier in my army that is, has, or ever will be, for not being able to find their own pants :sad:

I hate anyone with a spear that uses it to stop my horse in the middle of a group of his mates, nothing sends me screaming like a little girls faster than having my horse killed out from under me...

Naridill said:
The entire Nord Archer branch, from the hunter down to the vet. Reason being that they're utterly pathetic. They're the worst ranged units in the game, and worse than the worst melee units in the game. I barely let them fight the peasantry, for god's sakes, they're so underbalanced that it hurts, especially compared to Swadian and Rhodok crossbowmen, who are all devastating also in melee, and Vaegir Archers, who are... beyond devastating.

And the Nord archers definatly suck, I replaced the whole archer line with a Nord skirmisher line.  Javelin and Axe throwing mofos, with slightly modded ranged weapons to make them a bit more competative against crossbow men (they have about half the range of the crossbow).  They are a more believable ranged unit for the nords imho.

I'd have to say Rhodok Crossbowmen. Gah, charge at them on horseback, and if you don't have a shield, you're dead. When you do have a shield, it always gets worse. I remember one time, charging one, first bolt missed, I was about to couche him, and a stray horse crosses my path, forces me to stop, I raise my shield, he's already levelling his sights on me, I charge again, circle for a bit, still doesn't shoot, finally lose patience, charge, lower my shield at the last possible second, catch a bolt in the gut. Die ...

And when you get a bunch of them firing a volley, you know it's gonna hurt. Yeah, I hate crossbows and all they stand for !

Back
Top Bottom