Most factions of Christendom grumbling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Serius

Knight at Arms
Good evening. I'm a vassal of the Sacrum Imperium Romanum (Holy Roman Empire) in-game, and my faction recently went to war with what I assume is the Papal States. While we were at war, the Pope came up and attacked me, naturally I fought back, and surprisingly won. I catpured him thinking the ransom would be huge, but after several weeks, decided to let him go. Now, every faction that I assume has a majority of Christian populous is "grumbling" about me, having a -15 relation. Caravans run from me, but I don't have any ill intentions towards these factions. Does anybody know a way to fix this? I've tried to get back onto good footing with the pope (He's -13 with me ATM), but he never has any tasks that I could complete to raise my relation with him. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Reinhardt

You have to make peace with every faction you're at war, i.e. with which you have a negative relationship. This is done by talking to any random lord of the particular faction and includes paying some money, around 2,000 dinar I think it was, depending on how much you're in the negative with the faction +/- some random factor. Never attack the pope or one of the Papal states and don't let yourself being attacked by them, just join in the fight if a lord from your faction is fighting some lords of theirs.

Thanks, Orobos. I appreciate the help. However, I do have one more question. If I become friends with the Pope, would you imagine that the factions of Christendom would become friends with me again? Or would I have to make peace with all of them just as I did with one faction. Because, to be honest, there are quite a few factions that I'd have to pay 3k+ to in order to make peace.

Lord Serius said:
Thanks, Orobos. I appreciate the help. However, I do have one more question. If I become friends with the Pope, would you imagine that the factions of Christendom would become friends with me again? Or would I have to make peace with all of them just as I did with one faction. Because, to be honest, there are quite a few factions that I'd have to pay 3k+ to in order to make peace.

Going on a crusade might be a good thing to try, which should work as it changes the relations with factions in general, but I never did try it as I either didn't care about the enemy status or I had enough money to pay them all off. And, well, you could join the Papal state, then you would get +100 relation I think it was with every Christian kingdom. Presents would also work if you're the king of your own realm for instance - as king you can send a gift to another kingdom and such gain a relation bonus. Or maybe try to gain some positive relation with a kingdom by helping one of their caravans/custodes or whatever, the -5 should then disappear (I think something like +3 for helping a caravan). But this is a lot of work if you want to achieve that with every nation. Best is to combine it somehow if you don't want to leave your current faction.

I'm working on gaining fiefs and relation with lords in order to break off at some point, but I'm not King yet, so I can't send the faction itself a gift. I've pondered the Crusade option, but the Crusader states are incompetent and at war with everyone around them. Also, I'm not sure if I'll be making money from my fiefs when I go on a Crusade, since I know that the system kind of forces you to become a lord of the Crusader states when you embark.

PS: Thanks for all the help thus far! It's most definitely appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom