Most end game play throughs end with all factions declaring war on me

Users who are viewing this thread

SuarezB

Recruit
It basically makes the game unplayable for me. And I don't care much for cheese tactics or workarounds. This should just not be the case.

Yeah, it shows 1 no clear idea of what the player should be doing, how the game should go, what late game should be like
2 no actually playing/testing of mid and late game to have experience and opinions about it.
So many things are just for keeping the AI from steamrolling each other of running out of money for no reason and the result is a very counter intuitive gameplay for the player.
Whatever you consider cheese or workarounds, you must be able to beat armies without many losses and you must rapidly add more clans ASAP and you must always keep fighting and expanding. You must overtly overpower them and anything else will just be a groundhog's day of whack a mole of the same fiefs forever. You can do it, but is it good gameplay? Is it what players want to be doing? What was the design vision for mid-late game?

Yeah, it shows 1 no clear idea of what the player should be doing, how the game should go, what late game should be like
2 no actually playing/testing of mid and late game to have experience and opinions about it.
So many things are just for keeping the AI from steamrolling each other of running out of money for no reason and the result is a very counter intuitive gameplay for the player.
Whatever you consider cheese or workarounds, you must be able to beat armies without many losses and you must rapidly add more clans ASAP and you must always keep fighting and expanding. You must overtly overpower them and anything else will just be a groundhog's day of whack a mole of the same fiefs forever. You can do it, but is it good gameplay? Is it what players want to be doing? What was the design vision for mid-late game?
Tbh I feel like the game was made only for AI. I feel like as a player I dont have any impact on anything at all, voting, war/peace, formations in sieges, everything is determined by AI, you are just one person killing other people thats it. The game isnt built around the player, its not even 50/50, its just AI vs AI. If you try to interact and manipulate anything; a) nothing happens b) AI goes crazy on you. Today I played a siege battle where my own troops completely ignored my every command with delegate off, and I just uninstalled the game. I just cant stand this game anymore, I cant properly make peace, cant declare war without AI declaring war on everyone, my AI lords forcing me to vote on stupid things that'll harm them, I cant destroy factions, I cant force them to change sides, If I execute them my own lords get upset with me, my AI lords create suicidal armies and tries to snipe towns across the map and my only choice is to sit and watch AI play the game and ruin itself. That just shows there is no QA assurance, no QA team, they probably just run simulations and watch AI do things, as soon as player interacts with anything it just all goes down, and there are so many things out of control, and nothing seem to make sense, everything feels like its RNG and placeholders. Late game is just pure pain, and to me it feels like no mod or patch can save this game, its fundamentally broken and badly designed.

Tbh I feel like the game was made only for AI. I feel like as a player I dont have any impact on anything at all, voting, war/peace, formations in sieges, everything is determined by AI, you are just one person killing other people thats it. The game isnt built around the player, its not even 50/50, its just AI vs AI. If you try to interact and manipulate anything; a) nothing happens b) AI goes crazy on you. Today I played a siege battle where my own troops completely ignored my every command with delegate off, and I just uninstalled the game. I just cant stand this game anymore, I cant properly make peace, cant declare war without AI declaring war on everyone, my AI lords forcing me to vote on stupid things that'll harm them, I cant destroy factions, I cant force them to change sides, If I execute them my own lords get upset with me, my AI lords create suicidal armies and tries to snipe towns across the map and my only choice is to sit and watch AI play the game and ruin itself. That just shows there is no QA assurance, no QA team, they probably just run simulations and watch AI do things, as soon as player interacts with anything it just all goes down, and there are so many things out of control, and nothing seem to make sense, everything feels like its RNG and placeholders. Late game is just pure pain, and to me it feels like no mod or patch can save this game, its fundamentally broken and badly designed.
The problem is that they started with the concept that the player and the AI must all play by the same rules. Going by that concept, the player shouldn't be able to do anything that the AI cannot do. But the AI can't do that many things because its not very smart, so in turn, the player isn't allowed to control more things since that would be too much of an advantage over the dumb AI.

Of course, even that basic concept has gone out the window and the AI had to be given lots of cheats and buffs to make the game playable, but the player is still treated like an NPC.

The problem is that they started with the concept that the player and the AI must all play by the same rules. Going by that concept, the player shouldn't be able to do anything that the AI cannot do. But the AI can't do that many things because its not very smart, so in turn, the player isn't allowed to control more things since that would be too much of an advantage over the dumb AI.

Of course, even that basic concept has gone out the window and the AI had to be given lots of cheats and buffs to make the game playable, but the player is still treated like an NPC.
Yes, I actually hate how it all turned out, they just cheat and throw me doomstacks nonstop. With that BL lacks interactivity and player influence on gameplay, there is 0 interactivity and control over things going on, its just a AI vs AI war sim, you just sit and let it roll, do its own thing. I dont feel like a lord, king or anything, cant command or control anything on campaign map and its beyond horrible as a game design. Bannerlord unfortunately makes Warband seem like it was an accidental one-hit success, or it was designed by a person no longer in the team. I see no hope for mods for this game either because every mod will have to deal with that mess of an AI and overall game design, unless a team comes up and rewrites all those problematic aspects of the game. Until that happens -if that ever happen- this game is beyond saving imo.

Yes, but the game just takes it to the next level.
My faction has become the strongest and I easily win, but suddenly they began to declare war on me all in a row 3-5 factions at once.
The main thing here is not to panic, I survived and began to think, some actions make it even worse, while others led to the fact that the AI switched to itself and now they are at war with themselves. Now there are factions that are waging 2-3 wars at once, the situation has become easier for me.

Late game is just pure pain, and to me it feels like no mod or patch can save this game, its fundamentally broken and badly designed.
This is so true, sadly. Game loop is designed so badly that it'll take more than just changing the theme from Calradia to Middle Earth for example to fix late game. I don't know who thought fighting non-stop until you conquer the whole map would be so fun and not boring and frustrating af.

Back
Top Bottom