Most effective chatacter builds

Users who are viewing this thread

How do you guys get 200+ in so many skills. Do you use mods? I find it very hard to level things in vanilla game without mods. I usually get to maybe 100/150 in few of them only after like 1000 days
My play through is at twenty years. I don't run mods.

qKsPkfD.png
A little bit off-topic but i think that "either with a shield or without" should be "either with or without a shield" :smile:
Is that usage of either-or duo grammatically correct? @MArdA TaleWorlds
You can always open a bug thread if you think that this is a bug.

Some things to consider:
1. Leadership has huge bonuses to army size: adds an entire party and makes all of your parties bigger.
2. Definitely get rid of trade since you're not using it, but if you do use it that's easy money and with perks like Caravan Master you can carry half of Calradia in your baggage train with nearly zero penalty.
3. Maybe move the 5 points in Charm? There's not much to talk about in the perks beyond 125 and several of them aren't implemented at all.

Move 2-3 points from Charm to Steward and then you can dump Trade wherever you want.
Good points. I feel like leadership is underwhelming even with those perks, but given enough focus points there's no reason not to take it I guess.
Trade perks are nice, but it's just way too boring for my taste and takes a lot of time.

Nice. Thought, if you invest at least one LP in riding you can get 2 perks buffing your world map speed.

Does last 2H weapons perk any difference?
Indeed, some riding could be useful.

It's hard to tell since there's no immediate effect when you get this perk. But the math says I get +25% damage and 10% speed at 300 skill, so that's what I'm going with.

How do you guys get 200+ in so many skills. Do you use mods? I find it very hard to level things in vanilla game without mods. I usually get to maybe 100/150 in few of them only after like 1000 days
No mods, max difficulty. Just a lot of battles and a lot of killing does the trick.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell since there's no immediate effect when you get this perk. But the math says I get +25% damage and 10% speed at 300 skill, so that's what I'm going with.
As I thought. On the way getting this last 2h perk your damage is already too high so you don't even see a difference by the time when you get it.

As I thought. On the way getting this last 2h perk your damage is already too high so you don't even see a difference by the time when you get it.
No, its because when you get it, the perk literally does nothing. It's a 250 skill perk that slightly increases your speed and damage for going above 250. So the change is very gradual, that's why it's hard to notice.

But you're right that the extra damage is not super useful, except that with an axe it helps getting double kills more often. And more attack speed is always nice of course.

I second this requests.
My understanding is that your clan member/companion in the group number (in the highest slot) with your units, like gruop 1, 2, 3 and so on, will give their captain perks to that group when aplicable..... however it's kinda hard to to know if they're working. Somebody might be able to compare and contrast but really a person who looks at the code probably could just figure it out more precisely.
Also wondering this

I just can't, I thought I could reach 300 trading, but I got only 175 and it's so boring. It goes so slow after 150 . Year 1092 and barely made 1.5 million.
Smithing is fun , unless you reach max level , then it's not fun anymore.
I think better play as military character, it's way more fun , and yet it depends... As Vlandian vassal we've been fighting Battania for 8 in-game years , it's so boring to fight recruit packs over and over again. I think better play for empire , so I fight different foes.
Also I was trying to get 1st scout perk having only 3 cunning, and it took 8 in-game years. Even medicine takes only 1 year with same conditions.

I just can't, I thought I could reach 300 trading, but I got only 175 and it's so boring. It goes so slow after 150 . Year 1092 and barely made 1.5 million.
Smithing is fun , unless you reach max level , then it's not fun anymore.
I think better play as military character, it's way more fun , and yet it depends... As Vlandian vassal we've been fighting Battania for 8 in-game years , it's so boring to fight recruit packs over and over again. I think better play for empire , so I fight different foes.
Also I was trying to get 1st scout perk having only 3 cunning, and it took 8 in-game years. Even medicine takes only 1 year with same conditions.
I think there's somthing wrong with scouting ATM, I'm still not at 175 in like 18 year game with 9 cunning. In games in 15.6/7 I would be 275+ by now.

I focus on trying to level up according to my playstyle.

For example, I ride my horse a lot, use polearm (as main battle tactic), so points go in there.

I also trade a lot in early game, and do missions (so persuasion/charisma skill - forget what its called).

In this way, I put level up well doing the things I usually do. Sometimes I try to spread them out, but find that doesn't work as well (except into the late game).

Thats my advice - level up how you play, not play to level up.

I think the old leveling system was more fun. You could do whatever you want and keep leveling up.
If you mean warband, yes I agree, I would rather just Kill guys choose option for points, the end.
If you mean early bannerlord, I agree with the caveat that it needed some work, but I did like that it at least entertained the idea of min/max and controlling you build via not raising skills you don't want (thus not over leveling).

I think TW misunderstood people's complaints as a too simplistic "we're not LEVELING enough" and now yeah you level and level and level, but actually improving you character via skills and perks is still too slow and actually becomes much slower and you can't stop because every thing makes you level up no matter what.

I also wonder if there is a misunderstanding between the people making the char dev system as to what attributes/fp actually do versus SKILL and PERKS, for instance the education system is described as "making you children stronger" however they actually barely get any skill so the start out very weak and are limited to gaining skills in the same way companions are... SLOWLY or NOT AT ALL (except riding+ Bow/Xbow and steward, those are okay)

"oh you train with the...whatever... and you get + soc and 1fp in leadership" that super spiffy TW, but the kid needs to also get like 50 leadership skill each time it take leadership learning option so it can start with decent leadership at 18 LIKE A NPC LORD! Otherwise it's nonsense because you can't make them level leadership in any reasonable amount as a non-player-character, no matter what SOC and fp they have.

If you mean warband, yes I agree, I would rather just Kill guys choose option for points, the end.
If you mean early bannerlord, I agree with the caveat that it needed some work, but I did like that it at least entertained the idea of min/max and controlling you build via not raising skills you don't want (thus not over leveling).
Early bannerlord.

I think TW misunderstood people's complaints as a too simplistic "we're not LEVELING enough" and now yeah you level and level and level, but actually improving you character via skills and perks is still too slow and actually becomes much slower and you can't stop because every thing makes you level up no matter what.

I also wonder if there is a misunderstanding between the people making the char dev system as to what attributes/fp actually do versus SKILL and PERKS, for instance the education system is described as "making you children stronger" however they actually barely get any skill so the start out very weak and are limited to gaining skills in the same way companions are... SLOWLY or NOT AT ALL (except riding+ Bow/Xbow and steward, those are okay)

"oh you train with the...whatever... and you get + soc and 1fp in leadership" that super spiffy TW, but the kid needs to also get like 50 leadership skill each time it take leadership learning option so it can start with decent leadership at 18 LIKE A NPC LORD! Otherwise it's nonsense because you can't make them level leadership in any reasonable amount as a non-player-character, no matter what SOC and fp they have.
Empire should have universities. Mount and blade fith fire and sword actually has this system. You just leave npc in university, pay money, and after some time npc gets +skill. Easy to establish, plus one more money sink.
Also books , empire yes, but not sure about battanians, wall painting ?? not sure if it matches the age of the game though.
Devs said they are working on another way to level up medicine skill , I hope they do same with leadership and other "frustrating " skills.

Early bannerlord.

Empire should have universities. Mount and blade fith fire and sword actually has this system. You just leave npc in university, pay money, and after some time npc gets +skill. Easy to establish, plus one more money sink.
Also books , empire yes, but not sure about battanians, wall painting ?? not sure if it matches the age of the game though.
Devs said they are working on another way to level up medicine skill , I hope they do same with leadership and other "frustrating " skills.
Yes if they fix this stuff I'll main max Int for sure.

omqqeHp.png

Perks and skill tree's don't really seem balanced at all, some really useless ones like charm at higher levels do nothing even the level 275 perk is like 5+ influence a day, leadership at level 275 is 25 + units, but by then you probally have army capacity of 400, so +25 would be hardly noticable.
enginering seems pointless to focus on, probally better to stick it on a companion that starts with it and ignore it.

some really good skills, for me is still leadership though, getting it to 150 allows turning bandits into elite troops, worth the focus points, but not stats, coupled with Roguery level 125 increased chance for bandits surendering by 30% getting units is trival, coupled with Steward for the equitment gives exp, really easy to level units.

places to put points for me would be cunning and intelligence, Scouting and Steward just level on their own, Tactics is really good too espcially when getting the level 275 perk. It's not sucide like warband once the Tactics level ups, can still lose a unit when using send troops and outnumbering the enemy, against 50 forest bandits or a lord with 100 men but you get way more prisoners and Leadership has many perks that incerases recruitment of prisoners.
useing send troops alot also gives alot of wounded units making it easier to level Medicine, getting the 275 perk in medicine would be nice

the vigor tree dosen't do much for me, useing two handed polearm swing weapons from horse their pretty much 1 hit everything, once you get the good polearm unlocks from smithing you can even craft 190 + swing damage polearms, im not much for Ranged but without investment it seems bad, compared to meele weapons where you can get 1 hit wonder weapons

even though companions can take over Scouting (execpt 275 perk), Steward, Medicine it feels better to take them on the player, current top picture is before day 1200, and their hardly level up, execpt for my 1 main smithing companion thats level 25.

what I would redo would be to focus on getting 4 focus points in Smithing its enough to get the 175 half trade pentalty for smithing weapons, also plenty of exp from doing smithing to level the character faster at the start, would still aim for a Main companion smithy, maybe 2 focus points only in Charm the relationship bonus from releasing lords is nice but the skill is pretty meh overall

the 1 stat point and 5 focus for leadership is worth it with so many good perks in the tree, the level 275 is just bait and not worth it, once you get tier 4 clan, you can form parties with companions and easliy level it to 150 then. before day 600 picture

t4oyKJ8.png

The most effective build is just around one single perk: Artisan Community.

Just try to level up Trade at 125 ASAP to get this perk, and remember to build a new workshop every time you get a new clan tier. Even if you do not fight any battle, you are going to reach clan Tier 5 at day 700 or so. The easier (but also the most bored) way to play the game (without using exploits) is just rushing this perk, buy these workshops which give you +200 denars daily, get two caravans in early game (caravans are ok the first 500 days) get a decent party but do not pay more than 600-700 denars daily or so (enough for defeating any lord in 1v1), and you are going to be swimming in money and renown pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom