Mosque to be built on 911 site

Should a Mosque be built on the 911 site?

• Yes

Votes: 94 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 56 23.6%
  • Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad

Votes: 87 36.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Pillock said:
It's Okay Bulle, I have quite specific tastes, which you simply don't fulfill.

Does it make sense that every time I read your posts, I do it in the good Doctor's voice(your ava..)

Because, Simply, This is Taleworlds Off-Topic board. EVERYBODY tries to crack jokes here and go completely off topic,  Like now!

He asked it as a rhetorical question, mainly to invoke reflection as to the nature of Taleworlds. My guess is he's trying to point out that the somewhat good intellectual calibre here is good for debate and discussion yet when left to our own devices we always tend to gravitate towards immature jokes instead.
It's kinda like the punishment Tantalus, there's a river right in front of him yet it will always recede and disembodied dicks shoot out whenever Tantalus gives in to his thirst and tries to drink from it. Reaching out to the unreachable and half the time getting pelted by a penis so to speak

Swadius said:
He asked it as a rhetorical question, mainly to invoke reflection as to the nature of Taleworlds. My guess is he's trying to point out that the somewhat good intellectual calibre here is good for debate and discussion yet when left to our own devices we always tend to gravitate towards immature jokes instead.
It's kinda like the punishment Tantalus, there's a river right in front of him yet it will always recede and disembodied dicks shoot out whenever Tantalus gives in to his thirst and tries to drink from it. Reaching out to the unreachable and half the time getting pelted by a penis so to speak

Best description of Tantalus's punishment EVAR!

Back on topic... :roll:

"Why does the Left attribute only nefarious motives to those who believe that the Islamic center does not belong near Ground Zero?

Because leftism holds these beliefs:

1. Those who hold leftist positions are, by definition, better people than their opponents.

2. Those who hold leftist positions have, by definition, pure motives; therefore, the motives of their opponents must be impure.

I conclude with this: I believe that a wiser man than the present imam would have decided to avoid precisely what he has inspired — intense division in America — and would have immediately retracted his decision to erect an Islamic center and mosque right by the slaughterhouse of 9/11, which happened to have been caused by his co-religionists.

But I also believe that there are good arguments and good people on both sides of this issue.

I can say that, however, for one reason.

I am not on the left."

— Dennis Prager

macethump said:
Back on topic... :roll:

"Why does the Left attribute only nefarious motives to those who believe that the Islamic center does not belong near Ground Zero?

Because leftism holds these beliefs:

1. Those who hold leftist positions are, by definition, better people than their opponents.

2. Those who hold leftist positions have, by definition, pure motives; therefore, the motives of their opponents must be impure.

I conclude with this: I believe that a wiser man than the present imam would have decided to avoid precisely what he has inspired — intense division in America — and would have immediately retracted his decision to erect an Islamic center and mosque right by the slaughterhouse of 9/11, which happened to have been caused by his co-religionists.

But I also believe that there are good arguments and good people on both sides of this issue.

I can say that, however, for one reason.

I am not on the left."

— Dennis Prager

So...is that your reasoning? or someone elses? Plagarism ftl.

Missing jokes is also kind of inevitable here on Taleworlds. And then someone has to explain the joke, which usually kills it, but the deconstruction process itself has its own humour to it, as it is typically at the expense of some poster or other.

Of course, this backfires if the deconstruction of the joke fails to identify the missing of said joke as irony, what in some instances might be classified as trolling.

Kissaki said:
Missing jokes is also kind of inevitable here on Taleworlds. And then someone has to explain the joke, which usually kills it, but the deconstruction process itself has its own humour to it, as it is typically at the expense of some poster or other.

Of course, this backfires if the deconstruction of the joke fails to identify the missing of said joke as irony, what in some instances might be classified as trolling.

Kissaki said:

Did I miss a joke here?

Lord Burgess1 said:
Kissaki said:

Did I miss a joke here?

Yeah, go back a page and read the tale of the River of Tantalizing Dicks.

Swadius said:
It's kinda like the punishment of Tantalus, there's a river right in front of him yet it will always recede and disembodied dicks shoot out whenever Tantalus gives in to his thirst and tries to drink from it. Reaching out to the unreachable and half the time getting pelted by a penis so to speak.
New sig, thank you Mr. Smexy Valkyre.

Pillock said:
Lord Burgess1 said:
Kissaki said:

Did I miss a joke here?

Yeah, go back a page and read the tale of the River of Tantalizing Dicks.

No no, you missed the joke, I meant purley in his post.

FrisianDude said:
Oh god, it's Macethump. Now the thread just got that much more stupid.

Macethump? Where?
thumbnail.aspx

Back
Top Bottom