Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi and thanks for this great tool!
So I'm editing the "Viking Conquest" DLC troops.txt, and getting the following:

Error #6 occured in function 'ShowTroop'.

The same error occurs on all the base bandit troops (ID#147 - 155-- Ruffian, Footpad, Brigand... Vikingr).

StevieLee7132 said:
Hi and thanks for this great tool!

The same error occurs on all the base bandit troops (ID#147 - 155-- Ruffian, Footpad, Brigand... Vikingr).

The problem was the zeroes that appear to be used as spacers between the item ID's in the inventory list were replaced by long strings of numbers, which I'm guessing is unexpected and the cause of "Error 6"?  I manually edited troops.txt and replaced these strings for said entries with zeros again, and now the error is gone and everything works as it should, so the problem appears to be in the actual file formatting of those entries and not with the tool.

StevieLee7132 said:

VC uses imods on bandit troops, something that Morgh's tool is not prepared to handle. So you need to sanitize the file first (a simple way is to use the DLC modsys to edit it).

Code:
  ###seguir 
# Ryan BEGIN  
  ["looter","Ruffian","Ruffians",tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_ranged,0,0,fac_outlaws,
   [(itm_ptunic_1woman,imod_ragged),(itm_staff,imod_cracked),itm_staff, (itm_quarter_staff,imod_bent),itm_quarter_staff, itm_battle_fork, itm_pitch_fork, (itm_pitch_fork,imod_cracked),(itm_battle_fork, imod_cracked),
(itm_ptunic_2woman,imod_tattered),(itm_ptunic_3woman, imod_ragged),(itm_ptunic_4woman, imod_tattered),(itm_ptunic_5woman, imod_ragged),(itm_ptunic_6woman,imod_tattered),(itm_ptunic_7woman, imod_ragged),(itm_ptunic_1woman, imod_tattered),(itm_ptunic_2woman, imod_ragged),(itm_ptunic_3woman,imod_tattered),(itm_ptunic_4woman, imod_ragged),
(itm_carbatinae_1,imod_ragged),(itm_bare_foot_man,imod_tattered),(itm_carbatinae_4,imod_tattered),(itm_bare_foot_man,imod_ragged),(itm_carbatinae_5s,imod_ragged),(itm_carbatinae_4s,imod_tattered)]+basic_throwing+slings_common+common_phrygian,
   def_attrib|level(12),wpex(105,100,70,20,20,115)|wp_firearm(110),knows_common,man_face_younger_1, man_face_older_2],
# Ryan END
itm_ptunic_1woman,imod_ragged

StevieLee7132 said:
so the problem appears to be in the actual file formatting of those entries and not with the tool.

VC uses the same compiler as Native Warband, so the format is also the same. But as a newer game it also has access to newer toys, which a old tool like Morgh's may not be compatible with.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but I'm getting 'run-time error 5' when using v1.50 MS on Diplomacy for Warband 1.7xx. Now, I know that it's advisable not to use the tool to edit the MS, but some things I'd still rather do with the tool.
Also, the edits I do in .txt, in the tool, have no effect on the module, even after I save changes - it's like the changes were never made, not even the back-up files appear!

Thanks

I'm having trouble with a ctd at arms merchant, I think i've narrowed it down to my new shields but for the life of me I cant work out what i've done wrong. I literally just changed the mesh like i've done for countless other items, suddenly halfway through doing the shields I can't enter arms merchant without ctd. reverting to a earlier itemkinds works so it's obviously a recent change that is causing the problems.

anyone know of anything, specifically todo with editing shields, that might be causing this? (I don't know the module system so i dont know if hard-coded items are a thing, but then why would all my other edits work?)

EDIT: reverted back several days of work and now crashing on itemkinds that worked perfectly a few days ago, I've ****ed something somehow.

A fully automatic musket is beyond me, but you can make the "speed" (it's reload speed) high and the ammo capacity something beyond 1, such as fifteen. This will result in a musket that reloads quickly and has fifteen shots per reload.

Prophecy of Pendor 3.9.2
Troop ID: trp_merc_leader_barclay
Clicking on it shows:

So I've used Morgh's Tools (latest 1.5 version) before and only recently is where the problems started. I was using ACOK Mod ver 6.2 and wanted to edit some troop stats and equipment like I had done before in the past, I use the editor, update & save and when I go to launch a new game it said "RGL Error Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\ACOK 6.2\troops.txt", happens every time I try to change anything, even different mods like TLD Overhaul. So I resorted to using Morgh's editor for refrencing and Troop Editor 1.9 for actual editing (though Morgh's Editor is substantially better) I've searched for anyone with a similar problem but to no avail. Found this forum by chance and saw that someone had recently (as of this year) written something, which indicated the thread wasn't dead like all the others I've looked at. I have absolutely no idea what could be causing the problem since it just happened out of nowhere. Any help would be appreciated.

didn't realize this post was still being used!

I've run into a problem with moving a city using morgh's editor, once I move a city attempting to enter the "streets" scene causes a CTD.

Is there an additional step i'm missing? I'd need to be able to  move Calradias cities (for 3 of the factions) for lore reasons and if I can't get past this issue it'll be alot of work down the tubes, I'd already scened half the towns :sad: .

Ixzzhaeldir said:
Hi,

i want to add new item (armor) with new texture. Can i do this with just morghs wothout using openbrf?

thNks
Is it an already made item? If so, I think it's as simple as drag-and-drop the model into the appropriate folder + add the appropriate entry into item_kinds (or whatever that's called). There' plenty of tutorials on youtube or even on the forum here. As to changing the item's texture,  don't think it's possible through mogh's.

fallentrojan said:
Hello can someone please help me? I cannot see the bottom parts of the editor. What is the solution to this? If I need to download a new one, where do I get it, the download link here didn't work. Thanks
I would suggest trying to increase your monitor's resolution, if possible, but I'm not sure if it'll work. As to downloading the tool itself, here's a link for v. 1.50 - http://terrafluxus.net/morgh/pages/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/
And a link for v. 1.40, just in case - https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1798

Corbul said:
fallentrojan said:
Hello can someone please help me? I cannot see the bottom parts of the editor. What is the solution to this? If I need to download a new one, where do I get it, the download link here didn't work. Thanks
I would suggest trying to increase your monitor's resolution, if possible, but I'm not sure if it'll work. As to downloading the tool itself, here's a link for v. 1.50 - http://terrafluxus.net/morgh/pages/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/
And a link for v. 1.40, just in case - https://www.mbrepository.com/file.phpid=1798

Thank you for your help! :smile:

Subitai said:
Carlos Danger said:
Its a program error most likely, possibly a bug?

"Subscript out of range means that the program declares (DIM) an array to be of a certain length, but tries to reference an element with a subscript greater than the actual length. Often, but not always, this happens because a loop goes one index too far. Another common cause is using an index that has never been assigned a valid value. "

Thank you Carlos Danger,

Ok  :oops: :oops: I won't pretend that I fully understood what you just said but i'd like to show you in spoilers what the first few lines look like in each of the troops.txt files: 

Notice the numbers in BLUE ... It seems too me those numbers must represent the # of "trp" entries?

In Native 1.153   
troopsfile version 2
trp_player Player Player 0 268435472 0 0 13 0 0
  -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0
  4 4 4 4 0
15 15 15 15 15 15 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
  6442450945 3952873730080618203 1947355 0 0 0 0 0

In Europe 1200   
troopsfile version 2
trp_player Player Player 0 268435472 0 0 57 0 0
  -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0
  4 4 4 4 0
15 15 15 15 15 15 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
  6442450945 3952873730080618203 1947355 0 0 0 0 0

I've also just tried HokieBT Unofficial Troop Editor
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=709

But again it came up with an error:  "Error # 6 Overflow"

If it is a file size issue i was wondering if I could trick the editors by splitting the E1200 file in to 1/3's for example and then after editing combine them again into a whole? 

I really only want to copy what another player did in Floris.... ie. I want to change all the lords that have "0" for shield and give them at least 3 or 4...it should make them tougher.    That would be cool! 

EDIT...I think I did it I had to use HokieBT's troop editor however. 

So I  created a New troops.txt  (smaller in size only 932 entries for the lords I wanted to change).  I then copied and pasted those edited files OVER the original ones.  I was just using "notepad" but If anyone wants to do this, be certain to create your new file under the "UT-8" standard.

sir. im using Hokie troop editor. how do i get rid of error #6? will appreicate your response sir

Back
Top Bottom