Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

I created a new internet site for my Mount & Blade projects - this was necessary that I can remove the M&B content form my main internet site http://mircon.de

The new homepage for my Mount & Blade projects:
http://mountandblade.mircon.de

The editor main page:
http://mountandblade.mircon.de/wp/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/
(it supports english and german (my native) language)

The english documentation is here:
http://mountandblade.mircon.de/wp/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/quick-documentation-en/

The english FAQ page is here:
http://mountandblade.mircon.de/wp/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/frequently-asked-questions-en/

Is there a way to use Morgh's to edit the items.py and troops.py files directly? I'm looking to do a few item and troop changes for a mod and they need the .py files, not the .txt ones. According to one of them it is possible to do that with Morghs.

Kinsume said:
Is there a way to use Morgh's to edit the items.py and troops.py files directly? I'm looking to do a few item and troop changes for a mod and they need the .py files, not the .txt ones. According to one of them it is possible to do that with Morghs.

You need the .py files...

The editor generally supports editing of Python troop and item files, but ONLY if there are NO remarks at the Python file within one entry (item / troop ID) line. It doesn't matter if there are remarks in one entry (ID) between two lines.

I know, that there are one or two lines in WFAS 1.143 which has such remarks. And I won't reorganize the whole code to search such stupid remarks within an item or troop ID line.

You can check (scan) a python file at the editor (at the menu) then saving it. Then build your module - if there's no error, then you have a correct working .py file, which is also reorganized in its structure.

This information is interesting for all people who want to work with the python editor with troops and items also in WFAS or other modules (from players). Once you have a working .py file without that remarks, it will work with the editor...

Great tool Morgh!

I was able to effortlessly edit/rename a Lady. I just edited the Single and Plural name fields, nothing else, so the romance option should still be functional.  I'm wondering how modders like Othr renamed all the ladies, romanceable or not for their mods, like for Anno 1257 where they did change most Lady names to be historically appropriate.

Two questions:
1. Any way to add a Lady troop type (mother, daughter) to Faction Leader? I heard it's possible for a custom faction, but is it possible for an existing faction? Also would the romance be possible for with Lady then?
2. Any way to add the Lady troop type and thus romance into F&S or they are not compatible/not built in?

Best!

EDIT: Yes, Ladies are just like Lords and are considered troop type. Answered my own  noobish question. Edited the single and plural name fields of the Lady I wanted to rename and it seems to work. Now testing whether the romance is still functional.

Well, i created a new faction and all training field's have got colour of that newly created faction.. is there anyway, i can add cities,vassals and ladies,bandits to mine newly created faction?

Bertanx said:
Hi Morgh! Are you planning to add support also for module_faction.py ?

No, sorry.

TuranianGhazi said:
Two questions:
1. Any way to add a Lady troop type (mother, daughter) to Faction Leader? I heard it's possible for a custom faction, but is it possible for an existing faction? Also would the romance be possible for with Lady then?
2. Any way to add the Lady troop type and thus romance into F&S or they are not compatible/not built in?

EDIT: Yes, Ladies are just like Lords and are considered troop type. Answered my own  noobish question. Edited the single and plural name fields of the Lady I wanted to rename and it seems to work. Now testing whether the romance is still functional.

Requires python module system editing. Impossible with the editor. There's a lot of scripting in module_scripts.py for alle the relationship things...

punj said:
Well, i created a new faction and all training field's have got colour of that newly created faction.. is there anyway, i can add cities,vassals and ladies,bandits to mine newly created faction?

Requires a lot of python module system editing. Impossible with the editor.

Thanks for responding Morgh!

Yeah, I figured adding in a new troop type, especially a specialty hero like a Lady or a Lord would require more scripting.

However, changing the name/renaming an existing Lady or Lord seems to be working just fine. No glitches in romance so far. So if you're looking to just rename a Lord or Lady, this editor can do just that! Thanks Morgh!

I got an error starting a new game stating - Unexpected end of file while reading file: module\japan 1545\troops.txt

Edit: I am very confuzzled(confused)

bigmitch3oh3 said:
I got an error starting a new game stating - Unexpected end of file while reading file: module\japan 1545\troops.txt
Just look at what you changed in the most difficult instrument to make a mistake in the syntax of the file, you may have done something wrong, look carefully all of your transactions, you may have deleted something by accident

Hunterwolf said:
bigmitch3oh3 said:
Just look at what you changed in the most difficult instrument to make a mistake in the syntax of the file, you may have done something wrong, look carefully all of your transactions, you may have deleted something by accident

I do not understand what you said because im newwish to the mount and blade modding... Should I just post the .txt file or email it to you, something like that?

bigmitch3oh3 said:
I do not understand what you said because im newwish to the mount and blade modding... Should I just post the .txt file or email it to you, something like that?

Again and again...

The english documentation is here:
http://mountandblade.mircon.de/wp/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/quick-documentation-en/

The english FAQ page is here:
http://mountandblade.mircon.de/wp/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/frequently-asked-questions-en/

Follow the instructions, and also do your modifications step by step. If one works, do the next until you you understand how the editor/game works...
Also use the backup function... You will be always asked to backup the files...

Okay so I need a bit of help with how to get started any advice is appreciated, I have the program open and under the text compiled files configuration box I have Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Diplomacy\ i then click save configuration a box pops up and says "configuration saved!" now all im doing is trying to get anything i edit to show up in game, so right now im just editing faction colours starting a new game to see if it work but so far it has not. Is there some step im missing? I looked through the FAQS and the documentation and didnt see anything maybe i just missed it im new to this obviously. Does it not work with a mod or only with native? after I Update and save my change is there another step? I am starting a new game everytime to try and see a change, anyways any advice would be much appreciated

Curtis9876 said:
Okay so I need a bit of help with how to get started any advice is appreciated, I have the program open and under the text compiled files configuration box I have Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Diplomacy\ i then click save configuration a box pops up and says "configuration saved!" now all im doing is trying to get anything i edit to show up in game, so right now im just editing faction colours starting a new game to see if it work but so far it has not. Is there some step im missing? I looked through the FAQS and the documentation and didnt see anything maybe i just missed it im new to this obviously. Does it not work with a mod or only with native? after I Update and save my change is there another step? I am starting a new game everytime to try and see a change, anyways any advice would be much appreciated
Some changes require a new game to see, such as changing faction colors in this manner.

Oh I do like I said in my first post I start a new game every time to check but nothing, is the directory of the file right for the text compiled files? is there more i need to do after updating and saving?

Curtis9876 said:
Oh I do like I said in my first post I start a new game every time to check but nothing, is the directory of the file right for the text compiled files? is there more i need to do after updating and saving?
That's the right directory. If it wasn't finding the appropriate files, it wouldn't allow the editing.
Sorry, I'd missed the new game part--somehow read it as using a save. No idea how I did that.

Yeah cant it seems like everything fine but for some reason any changes I make don't effect the game file, if I manually go into the game file say factions to change the color it wont let me save says access denied :neutral:

Curtis9876 said:
if I manually go into the game file say factions to change the color it wont let me save says access denied :neutral:
Given this, you may want to run Morgh's as Administrator or copy the files out of Program Files, edit them there, and then copy them back. Sounds like Windows UAC is blocking you from making your edits.

Back
Top Bottom