Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, 7zip is making problems with this squeeze zipped file. I'll change it to a .rar There are more people in the german thread which are having problems with 7zip.
My file is Zip 2.0 compressed with an integrated zip-tool in Speed Commander 11.5

Give me a few minutes...

EDIT: Changed to .rar  - Use the download page again.

COGlory said:
Why not make it a .exe?

I was too lazy :grin:
But I can also do this, I have a registered version of Z-Up Maker, a very good self extracting Setup-Software.

COGlory said:
:lol:
Yeah, or NSIS, I think, is free.

Since I developed a couple of PDA software products years ago, I have a licenced version of these software.

Error #9 occured in function 'ShowItem'

It only occurs when I try to add the LOTR Weapon Pack. All other OSP Packs I've tried can be added just fine.

awesome tool

but i have 1 question, how do i make it so my factions villages allow me to recruit my custom unit tree?

Ragefury said:
Error #9 occured in function 'ShowItem'

It only occurs when I try to add the LOTR Weapon Pack. All other OSP Packs I've tried can be added just fine.

In most cases the item_kind1.txt has a wrong format, but send this item_kind1.txt to me: [email protected]
I'm interested in improving my code, add code snipsets which can handle damaged/errorneuos item_kind1.txt files...

sgtsniper said:
awesome tool

but i have 1 question, how do i make it so my factions villages allow me to recruit my custom unit tree?

Too less details..  But there are three ways to get your units.

1. Your own faction? If you used the custom menus, you just have to add the sub menus to buy/add your troops to your party.

2. If you want to add your troops to a native based mod and recruiting them instead of the standard troop, then use upgrade pathing. Use the initiate troop of each kingdom, exchange it with your troop, and then use the upgrade path to link to you new troops.

3. Use party_templates, and exchange the troops with your own.

sgtsniper said:
wow just did an hour of work and forgot to hit the "save changes" button

lame...

I thought about adding a feature which is reminding the user to save his work. I'll see what I can do  :wink:

I'm new to this kinda of tools so I have made something wrong. I can change the items and all, the putting the update and saving but in the game nothing happens, they just keep using the predefined items. What step did I make wrong? :sad:

Forgive me if someone has already asked/answered this question, but is it possible to add additional quick-battle hero's through the troop editor? I have been playing around with it and can alter existing ones( like Aethrod) just fine. I was also wondering if there was some kind of tutorial, either built in or located elsewhere, that was available for noobs like me. :smile:

Hi morgh (and everyone else ofc!) Thanks for developing such a great tool!

However i have stumbled upon some problems, and after some troubleshooting i stand clueless as how to solve it. If it isn't asking for too much, any help is greatly appreciated!

I updated to 1.113 some days ago, however i was lazy and didnt want to recreate everything i had done(and as i am new to this, this seemed as the easiest solution), so i overwrote the new files, itemkinds etc. with the old ones. And things seemed to work out at first. However i started getting some error messages while playing, so i decided to re-patch it (so all the necessary files would be updated properly, and not return any erroneous messages anymore) and did so.

However, as a consequence, it seems the re-patching also destroyed your "custom" parties and everything that came with the 0.980b update (where your files extracted themself in the native folder in order to work properly).

So now it seems i cannot repeat the extracting process (your program does not recognize that i don't have the necessary files to use your custom implementations).

So in short : the custom parties, custom menu etc is gone, and i am at fault at repeating the process so your tool implements them again.

Best Regards
Dr.Snuggles

EDIT : Ha, it only took me another 10min before i found a solution, i was wondering about the "custom.txt" file that was just laying there, saying : dont delete me. Perhaps that was what your tool was checking for as a prerequisite for installing your custom stuffs, and the reason why it didnt want to extract the addons. It might not be the best solution, however as i have no other installments of parties, strings, scripts etc i thought it should be safe. (as your tool states before implementing your custom modifications). Everything now seems to be in order.

However, if there is anything i should know about this way of solving the matter, or if theres a better way, pls tell! Perhaps another fool (like me) that messes things up can find this post useful, should it prove to be safe according to morgh.

Feedback 1 : In menu editor --> menu text : Using "Enter" as to get a blank row. After updating and saving, the game wont start (crashes while loading, pointing to an error in modules/native/menus). And upon restarting your editor, selecting the corresponding menu (in my case, menu_custom_1) will also force the editor to crash.
It is solved by replacing the menu file with a backup (obviously, use the previously created). However perhaps a warning or fix is preferred?

Feedback 2 : in item editor --> any food : Food quality does not work, it does not represent the morale value, after investigating some in itemkinds.txt file i guess that the morale value isn't listed at all, it doesn't match all the food morale values. It seems that the trigger which gives a consumable food a morale effect is not stored in itemkinds.txt.

I tried making a second bread just to confirm this (using the form of bread, changing nothing but the name). And it did successfully create the bread i wanted, however there was no morale boost at all, which was expected. Not really sure where one can find what actually makes food give the morale, any guess? EDIT : this should be in scripts.txt aswell as simple_triggers.txt

Best Regards!

Dr.Snuggles said:
Feedback 1 : In menu editor --> menu text : Using "Enter" as to get a blank row. After updating and saving, the game wont start (crashes while loading, pointing to an error in modules/native/menus). And upon restarting your editor, selecting the corresponding menu (in my case, menu_custom_1) will also force the editor to crash.
It is solved by replacing the menu file with a backup (obviously, use the previously created). However perhaps a warning or fix is preferred?

Feedback 2 : in item editor --> any food : Food quality does not work, it does not represent the morale value, after investigating some in itemkinds.txt file i guess that the morale value isn't listed at all, it doesn't match all the food morale values. It seems that the trigger which gives a consumable food a morale effect is not stored in itemkinds.txt.

I tried making a second bread just to confirm this (using the form of bread, changing nothing but the name). And it did successfully create the bread i wanted, however there was no morale boost at all, which was expected. Not really sure where one can find what actually makes food give the morale, any guess? EDIT : this should be in scripts.txt aswell as simple_triggers.txt

Best Regards!

Using enter at menus will cause a game crash. Thats wrong usage of the tool!  Make a blank line using  ^^  !
For example: 

Line1 ^^ Line2 ^^ Line3

I'll replace ENTER with ^^ in the next version...

Second, theres no food morale! Quality is a value in the python header, but I never tested what it means in the game. But its definitly not morale.

EDIT: The item ID is the position/number in the text file. The game will find morale food by its number/txt position. You have to change things in python to get morale to the food. The game don't use any ID. You can rename the ID with what you want, this will not affect the game. The game engine finds EVERYTHING in txt files by its position.
THAT'S MORE THAN WORSE, and I really don't know why the hell they are using such a stupid system. They do their complete indexing in python! Would the game engine use the real identifier, not a number and a position, EVEYTHING you change in a txt would be easier. Also the menu wizard is only that static thing, because the game won't use the real ID's. It would be an easy thing to get items/troops/menus/scripts/... by its real ID instead of a fixed position in a text file. You just have to insert ONE function, which is searching the ID. Then indexing it to fixed positions in the memory, that the engine has faster access.
But... I forgot. PYTHON is the source, not TXT. They write their indexed structure to txt, then reading it to the memory. So I have to shut up... because I'm the stupid man, which is trying to make a wonder with these txt files -.- 

Sorry I corrected this 10 times, but its always not that what I would say if I use my native tongue.

And yes, custom.txt is the identifier for my tool, that custom parties are installed. Installing it twice means your moduls is trash, you can delete it...!
But my tool is making backup before EVERY saved file!  EVERY TIME!

Man0waR said:
I'm new to this kinda of tools so I have made something wrong. I can change the items and all, the putting the update and saving but in the game nothing happens, they just keep using the predefined items. What step did I make wrong? :sad:

Started a NEW game?  Most changes won't affect saved games...

Kelvin Greyhawk said:
Forgive me if someone has already asked/answered this question, but is it possible to add additional quick-battle hero's through the troop editor? I have been playing around with it and can alter existing ones( like Aethrod) just fine. I was also wondering if there was some kind of tutorial, either built in or located elsewhere, that was available for noobs like me. :smile:

You can add what you want. Make your personal superman if you want. But the game won't use it :grin:

The game uses all units which are a component of the native module. All troops have their fixed positions in the text file. Changing existing troops will affect the game.
Adding new troops means you have to integrate them to the game -> party_templates, upgrade path, custom menus !

I won't say the same things every day. Yesterday I answered somebody else how that works. So use navigation and move one or two pages back...

EDIT...  THAT'S TWO POSTS BEFORE YOUR POST !

Morgh said:
Man0waR said:

yes, I always start a new game.

Man0waR said:
Morgh said:
Man0waR said:

yes, I always start a new game.

Same problem as with everything! Own items with a higher number (the real game ID) WON'T be used by the KI/troops if you haven't linked it to them.

Back
Top Bottom