Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

wow seriously .... your so fast and your knowledge is great your freakign pimping the whole thing in litteraly no time  it onyl been couel of days since you first talked about it .. ive seen everythign that changed since first version .. its crazy :p

Morgh said:
Check the follwing things:

- Guarantee flags
- Position of the lance in the inventory, put it above other weapons
- check STR (strength), proficiencies  (is the lance to heavy for the npc's strength?)

In 99% of all cases the values are wrong. Always start with less items, look at the sort order of the items, and so on.

Big thanks for the reply. I worked out the problem, it was just the games AI.

When I tested the units against Steppe Bandits (who are riders), the AI changed the weapon to the Lance then.

This is a new unit I created using your tool as a test really, but yes, it all works. I am looking forward to designing my own mods in the future as the tools are released.

First time trying the editor and I'm a bit confused.  I'm trying to make a new troop type based off of Swadian Knights.  I copy them, don't get the Error (put in the correct underscores) but after I create them they don't show up in game.  Do I have to do more then just add them using the add feature?  I got a pop up saying to link them in the parties.txt (or party template file) file but I'm not sure what that means/how to do it.  Thanks for any help!

Tiaexz said:
This is a new unit I created using your tool as a test really, but yes, it all works. I am looking forward to designing my own mods in the future as the tools are released.

Looks nice :wink:

Hellhorn said:
First time trying the editor and I'm a bit confused.  I'm trying to make a new troop type based off of Swadian Knights.  I copy them, don't get the Error (put in the correct underscores) but after I create them they don't show up in game.  Do I have to do more then just add them using the add feature?  I got a pop up saying to link them in the parties.txt (or party template file) file but I'm not sure what that means/how to do it.  Thanks for any help!

If you get the error, the line is permanently damaged. Close the editor and start it new. The fix will come soon. I finished the copy tools. Really a useful thing I can say :wink:

Adding a troop requires, that you link it for the game. Use a upgrade path of a EXISTING troop, to set the new troop as an upgrade option.
Second ways is, add it as member at the party_templates (for example the bandits or kingdoms).
If you don't do that, you will never see your ADDED troop.

If you want to change existing troops, do what you want, BUT do it carefully :wink:

Your changes will ONLY affect a NEW STARTED game!

v.0.900b released

- Added powerful Troop Copy Form, which allows you to copy all attributes of a troop (except ID, name, faction and update path) to a selected range of target troops. You'll find this feature in the menu (Menu -> Edit -> Copy functions)

- Tabulator stop at troops form have now the correct order

- Every text field at the troop form verifies what you are typing in, and block/convert characters. I've done this to prevent a type mismatch error 13, which will produce "damaged lines

- Save function now changes troops.txt instead of deleating and creating new

- Fixed a few minor bugs

The editor is now almost finished - only bug fixing is to do.
I won't add more features now, and I'm waiting for feedback.

Next step is bring it to final release state, removing beta status.

Download page

DON'T forget... every change at any of the supported txt-files requires to start A NEW game!

Morgh

Awesome stutf Morgh, your system is really quite easy to use. :smile:

if I could ask, do you know how I can dictate what village recruits what troops? For instance if I want a village close to Shariz to recruit "Sarranid recruit A", and another village to recruit "sarranid recruit B".

Sahran said:
Awesome stutf Morgh, your system is really quite easy to use. :smile:

Thanks a lot!

Sahran said:
if I could ask, do you know how I can dictate what village recruits what troops? For instance if I want a village close to Shariz to recruit "Sarranid recruit A", and another village to recruit "sarranid recruit B".

Impossible with this edtior. To do this, you need module system, and even this may not work without a explicit coded ingame menu.

after that you will wait for feedback ok ?    I mena we will keep you updated but your work is pretty straight forward I know Il do the promotion of it in threads when needed  but    for creating a new faction and item editor are you waiting for module ?  ( I think you need to for the option to create a new kingdom but for the item 6 )  and If you just want to get a break you are right to do so you worked so hard im just wondering what to expect in the futur :razz: ( how far away too ? :razz:

Yes, I wait for feedback now and do nothing more than bug fixing :wink:

I also released v0.901b at the moment, because new added troops are not listed corrrectly in the copy functions form. I forgot to fill a variable which contains ID and name for quick handling in the program code. Program will also work without this, but you don't see the name in the list at this form.

Hey Morgh, thanks for your awesome tool. I will check out the new version shortly. Btw I can see many, if not all changes to troop.txt without starting a new game. Helps a lot with testing.

Hey, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth but would it be a lot of effort to maybe setup an auto-updater for your software?  You're doing such a great job with the updates...I just find myself updating 2-3 times a day right now.  Only a minor inconvenience but curious nonetheless.

bunnyhop said:
Hey, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth but would it be a lot of effort to maybe setup an auto-updater for your software?  You're doing such a great job with the updates...I just find myself updating 2-3 times a day right now.  Only a minor inconvenience but curious nonetheless.

You get 2-4 updates a day, because I started development five days ago. The development is almost finished now, there's only fixing minor bugs, and adding a few little improvements. I'll remove beta status next days, and then you won't get updates each day.

A auto-updater is not necessary for this and I won't include that.

Believe I found a bug:

If I delete a troop and then proceed to add a new one, an error pops up.  Presumably even though the old ID number was removed from the list something is still in memory causing the error to occur due to trying to add a second troop with the same ID.
Morgh said:
bunnyhop said:
You get 2-4 updates a day, because I started development five days ago. The development is almost finished now, there's only fixing minor bugs, and adding a few little improvements. I'll remove beta status next days, and then you won't get updates each day.

A auto-updater is not necessary for this and I won't include that.

No worries...and trust me I'm not complaining about all the updates...I'd rather have the bugs getting fixed up swiftly multiple times a day than taking a week between updates.  Your software is great.

bunnyhop said:
Morgh said:
Thanks, I will fix it later. Time for bed. It's  5:20h a.m.  :shock:

Found another, after adding a troop, the update path pulldown does not include the new troop.

Update path want's to show a troop which doesn't exits (deleted) - Update path wil set to 0, and a message box will prompt you to fix the problem manually.
You can download v0.902 now, using the download page.

But now, I'm off :wink:

EDIT: Another problem with the update path...  damn...  error 380 ist not critical, its just a probvlem with the path

Hey mate, this is an excellent tool, really digging it.

I encounter error 380 whenever I have entered text in the troop filter (eg. "nord"), and then try to add or update a new troop.

To clear the error, I just need to clear my search from the filter, taking it back to the full list. Once I do that then the tool is happy again and keeps on pluggin on.

Hope that helps you nail that sucker down.

But yes, this thing is very groovy.

Oh, another thing.

Using the delete function, I only seem to be able to delete the latest entry. I was trying to go back and delete the first fellow I made, but could only do this by deleting all the subsequent work.

I assume I could go in and edit the chap out of the txt file manually, but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Back
Top Bottom