Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Morgh,

I tested it only during day time, not night, but i will test and see what happen during night, and I also think there may be clue in menu that is already made for main city/town since they have these merchants in their menu right?  If you could compare these with created merchants from menu generator, and see the different, maybe that will give you clue to solve this mysterious problems with merchants disappearing from menu?

Eagle out...

Morgh's Mount & Blade TXT Tools v0.985b released!

- Added an updating system for new templates, strings, scripts,menus and parties.
- Changed the menu wizards input fields, to do easier handling with the values, this is mainly necessary for myself.
- Troops editor have now a simple face code button, which shows how to get a face code from the game.

- New templates:

- Ambush!  Use this menu to add an ambush feature to a settlement. Player visits the settlement, but nothing seems to happen, but after leaving the menu, he will be attacked (or they escape :grin: - depends on your party's strength) . I used the "rest_for_hours_interactive" function to force this battle. Set a party template and add additional attackers to make this party stronger. The created party will always be the faction "fac_outlaws". The value you can set (0 to X) is the respawn, 0 is every time. I'm a little bit unhappy with that, but I will improve this code with a time/date function, to do automatic spawning after a while. But first I have to figure out how to use this function.

- Cattle:
This was a hard nut to crack... and may have still bugs...
You can buy a cattle, this will be added to a cattle party outside the village. The herd will be "closed", when you leave the menu. The next time you buy cattle you have a second, third, fourth,... herd.

Download Page

Morgh,

This is so strange, at March 27th in game, my menu suddenly appeared and got restored in menuin Chaotic Castle?!  That is strange for sure and oh, thank you for the head up with new version of your Mount and blade warband TXT tools, I am downloading it soon!

:smile:

Eagle out...

Morgh

Thay is an error when i make a camp to recruit troops thay all ways become a sister sword? and all ways the amount is 5 even when i put it at 10 or 30

My screen resolution is 1360x768 (the max I can use on my 42" LCD tv which I use as monitor) and the wizard excites that. Are you sure it's the actual windows size with the title and bottom gabs counted into it?

And regarding the Custom menu's being given to some lords and kings, you haven't had that reported to you before?

Ziller said:
Morgh

Thay is an error when i make a camp to recruit troops thay all ways become a sister sword? and all ways the amount is 5 even when i put it at 10 or 30

Very stupid bug. Code needs the word "troop" for identifying. Template contains "troops". Simple but very nasty mistake...

Here's the template fix:  Download Template

Cabola said:
My screen resolution is 1360x768 (the max I can use on my 42" LCD tv which I use as monitor) and the wizard excites that. Are you sure it's the actual windows size with the title and bottom gabs counted into it?

And regarding the Custom menu's being given to some lords and kings, you haven't had that reported to you before?

Nobody else reported this bug.

The wizard's size exact size is 1000x718 and is also a little bit smaller than the menu window which is behind the wizard.

EDIT: You're meaning the menu editor window, which is a little bit too big in the height.

Morgh said:
Cabola said:

Nobody else reported this bug.

The wizard's size exact size is 1000x718 and is also a little bit smaller than the menu window which is behind the wizard.

EDIT: You're meaning the menu editor window, which is a little bit too big in the height.
Well they're both "too big" to be honest, also there's no way to "cancel" opening the Menu Wizard!

Main Menu:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/cabola/TweakMB/txttoolMainMenu.gif

Menu Wizard:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/cabola/TweakMB/txttoolMenuWizard.gif

I think it might be my setup, I use my 42" LCD tv as a monitor for the computer, so it could be that one that screws it up or something  :/

Try to setup a virtual resolution. 1280x1024, then your screen will scroll if you reach the borders with your computer mouse.

My HD ready TV has a 1368x768 matrix, but if I connect a computer, the maximum resolution is below that. Only with a XBOX 360 / PS3 I got a higher signal (720 progressive). The panel size doesn't matter.

Changing the settings to 1280x1024 does work but since it's a "wide screen" then it makes everything looks stupid with that resolution :/ Everything is stretched out/squinched together :/ And yes on my 360 and PS3 the resolution is way higher then what I can set in windows.. :/

PErsonaly I have HD TV with reso of 1900 - 1080  but well I guess same resolution woudl look lot better of a computer screen :sad:  ( its 42 inch)

Morgh said:
Snutze said:
PErsonaly I have HD TV with reso of 1900 - 1080  but well I guess same resolution woudl look lot better of a computer screen :sad:  ( its 42 inch)

Off topic, but thats almost normal. If you connect a Bluray player, PS3, XBOX 360 and set the signal to 1080p you will have a very brilliant full HD image on your TV.  VGA cards send an other signal.

-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p
-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

sorry for offtopic but tis kinda sucks it be nice IF computer coudl emit HD signal ( my card has hdmi cable ) but still  :sad:

I mean  Im connected with the hdmi cabl ebtu its not as good  as ps3 per exemple

actually my setup is    Radeon5850 ----> (hdmi)  Hometheatre Str 800 sony ----> (hdmi)  42 inch lg 55 42 inch full HD  80000:1 120hz (240 with truemotion )

but I dont exactly understand why it couldnt look as good as a ps3 or blueray emition per exemple .. :sad:

Snutze said:
but I dont exactly understand why it couldnt look as good as a ps3 or blueray emition per exemple .. :sad:

1080p signal sends 24 progressive images per second. (p)rogressive = full screen  / (i)nterlace = half screen images per second (doubled speed but isn't as good as progressive)
HDMI is only a connector which can also send audio, nothing more, the signal is the same as DVI. This means an other signal technic than 1080p.

Don't ask me for more details, but this is REALLY NOT the same. Computer will always look not as good as the 24 progressive images per second / 1080p.

Morgh said:
Snutze said:

1080p signal sends 24 progressive images per second. (p)rogressive = full screen  / (i)nterlace = half screen images per second (doubled speed but isn't as good as progressive)
HDMI is only a connector which can also send audio, nothing more, the signal is the same as DVI. This means an other signal technic than 1080p.

Don't ask me for more details, but this is REALLY NOT the same. Computer will always look not as good as the 24 progressive images per second / 1080p.

Ok yeah but I mean ... I dotn see why they couldnt emit Hd signal one day  ...

Hey Morgh! Thank you so much for the awesome tool. I was hoping to use it to correct a bug I encountered in the most recent build of Warband. I was helping the Nord challenger to the throne defeat King Ragnar, and in the process conquered many castles and gained them as my fiefs (though for some reason, while I could station garrisons, I couldn't upgrade/build anything). After the new Nord king ascended and the coup was complete, though, all my fiefs stopped being mine and reverted to standard Nord ownership!

So, what I'm wondering is, can I use this tool to regain my lost fiefs? I've tried fiddling with the Faction setting of my particular castles in the Parties.txt editor, but no luck so far. If this can be used to assign fiefs, I'll be overjoyed. Otherwise... I guess I'll have to start building my empire from scratch.  :cry: Thanks again for making this. It's an extremely useful tool. :smile:

karooble said:
Hey Morgh! Thank you so much for the awesome tool. I was hoping to use it to correct a bug I encountered in the most recent build of Warband. I was helping the Nord challenger to the throne defeat King Ragnar, and in the process conquered many castles and gained them as my fiefs (though for some reason, while I could station garrisons, I couldn't upgrade/build anything). After the new Nord king ascended and the coup was complete, though, all my fiefs stopped being mine and reverted to standard Nord ownership!

So, what I'm wondering is, can I use this tool to regain my lost fiefs? I've tried fiddling with the Faction setting of my particular castles in the Parties.txt editor, but no luck so far. If this can be used to assign fiefs, I'll be overjoyed. Otherwise... I guess I'll have to start building my empire from scratch.  :cry: Thanks again for making this. It's an extremely useful tool. :smile:

I can't say much to that. I can only repeat what I said. The menu system has 30 own menus at the bottom, which are called by the script game_encounter, when you visit one of the new parties. The parties are also at the end of the parties list. Nothing more happens. If you get a fief the faction changes to fac_player and the menu of this will show you a few more features. But the game menus won't call my menus. They are at the bottom, outside the menu indexes the game is using. If the game would really use my menus you will see a lot of empty menus in the game. But that won't happen. Also my menus call no other game menus, also no scripts, execept getting postions of new created parties.

The question is, will the same bug also happen in native module without any changes?

You can't affect the most things in a saved game if you are changing things with my editor. So you can't change fiefs / or saved factions.

I stopped further development of the menu wizard, until I get more feedback!

At this time there are a few features which seems to work, but I won't add more features until I know whether things really work or not. I have thousands of downloads, but especially the feedback to the menu wizard is too less, to put antoher 50+ hours in it...

Morgh,

The link to download it from your website provides a file that is unable to be opened.

I use 7-Zip and when I try to open the file it tells me that the file is an invalid archive. Could you fix the file that the link is going too?

Thanks for your hard work...

Back
Top Bottom