Morgh's M&B Warband Python Tools - v0.400b released

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hermodr said:
This means that you can use this program together with the module system?

This means, that this tool is ONLY for the module system - it's the Python tool, and the other one is the TXT tool.

I already know how to do the work, so give me a few days :wink:

Oh great! This will be of great use to people who hate to look through code...:grin: So basically with this you will be able to add new:

Troops & stats
Weapons
Factions

Directly to the module system, and then compile?

Can you make this tool add in new items without us having to mess with lots of things? I do not know how to program stuff, I am just looking for some complicated feature made to look simple :smile: And thank you for all the work!

I have long dreamed of such a tool....
If you manage to make only the troops and items it would be great !
The rest (factions, quests, etc) can be handled manually.

It would be good howewer if you could make it to recognise already modified python files, for example to use the tool even if you already have modified (manually) the module_items and module_troops.

Hermodr said:
Oh great! This will be of great use to people who hate to look through code...:grin: So basically with this you will be able to add new:

Troops & stats
Weapons
Factions

Directly to the module system, and then compile?

You will be able to edit the python files in a comfortable way. "module_items.py" is the first one.

There are no troops & stats, there is a "module_troops.py".
There are also no "weapons", there is a "module_items.py", which CONTAINS weapons.

I write this, because this is the way how misunderstanding begins....
This tool can handle python files, not simply a "weapon" or some "stats", and the first one is the GUI (Graphical User Interface) for "module_items.py".

Alexandru_cel_Mare said:
I have long dreamed of such a tool....
If you manage to make only the troops and items it would be great !
The rest (factions, quests, etc) can be handled manually.

It would be good howewer if you could make it to recognise already modified python files, for example to use the tool even if you already have modified (manually) the module_items and module_troops.

There will be only TWO limitations. Each item line has to begin with a  ["  - without the tool won't work. The whole 1.113 module system has this value at the beginning. If you write a  [ "  or [        "  at the bginning, the tool won't find an item line.

The second limitation is, you can't write a REMARK at the END of an item line, when the item has MORE THAN ONE line containing item data. Also Taleworld won't do this - I think this will result in a syntax error :wink:

You can write remarks wherever you want before an item line or below an item line, they will be stored
I made a complex routine which reads the lines and indicates the data in the lines. Only limitation... see above :smile:
I'm not interested in parsing each digit of each line, so the user have to begin an item line with ["  - like Taleworlds...!

Finch said:
Can you make this tool add in new items without us having to mess with lots of things? I do not know how to program stuff, I am just looking for some complicated feature made to look simple :smile: And thank you for all the work!

Thats the reason why I do this:wink:
The tool will have the same functions as the TXT editor. Add/deleting items, filtering, updating it, and also the pyton output of the updated line will be shown.

amazing, can't wait to use this. Will be really useful when editing troops and weapons. Instead of having to go through all the modules manually. You can chang everything from a easy to read UI :grin:

The base version is almost finished. Tests with an unmodified v1.113 module system worked fine. I updated and saved a few lines, then compiling it without errors.
But I have no add/delete function at this time, and I also have to do a lot more tests.

python_tools.jpg

Do you have any thoughts on a troop and menu one?  A menu one would be awesome, because it's always so annoying checking the spaces in between lines.  In fact, I've thought about trying something myself, but my visual basic skills aren't quite up to par as they should be.  Still learning a lot. 

COGlory said:
Do you have any thoughts on a troop and menu one?  A menu one would be awesome, because it's always so annoying checking the spaces in between lines.  In fact, I've thought about trying something myself, but my visual basic skills aren't quite up to par as they should be.  Still learning a lot.

Making a menu editor is quite more difficult than reading items.
For a menu editor you have to parse each digit, storing information where you are in the menu and else. Also you have to import most of the headers. I tried this with TXT and failed, because there are thousands of functions.
It's not impossible, but I won't start this.

Troops will come, because my own interest is on that :wink:

But first I have to get the item editor stable, thats no problem with a new 1.113 module system, but I know what people do, and there a few requirements to the syntax. Most of my reading function is flexible, but I won't answer the same questions hundrets of times, so I have to insert more flexibility to  a few code snipsets...

First release of my M&B Warband Python tools!

Current version is v0.400b

- Initiate release. Just for testing, bug reporting, ideas, whishes and more....

This tool works perfect with an unmodified v1.113 module system.
It was never tested with a huge amount of changed data. Also there are a few little syntax requirements. Each line have to end with a    ],    no spaces are allowed between these two chars! I'll change this in the future.
Also the tool won't read any constants at this time.

Keep care what you're doing! If you change meshes, faction and triggers then KEEP the SYNTAX!  That's very important!

Also remember this is a first BETA release, it has no add/delete function and also it definitly has bugs...!

Official Download Page

Morgh

I rather not mess up what I have started on so...I'll wait for a bug less release. Stat bug testing people...

Hermodr said:
I rather not mess up what I have started on so...I'll wait for a bug less release. Stat bug testing people...

Make a copy of your module system, and try it.
The reading, saving and changing data functions are working correctly. I won't release software which won't almost work. But I don't know the results, if people are making strange things with the syntax, which is possible to do with python.

Btw, every software has bugs :wink:

This thread is closed, because I included the Python Tools to my TXT tools. The new version is "Morgh's Mount & Blade Mod Tools"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom