SP - Battles & Sieges More weapon slots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Stats909

Recruit
One thing that I figured would be useful/interesting, would be the ability to have weapons/shields/quivers equipped onto your mount. Not sure if this is realistic to the time period, but I figured it would make sense that, say, a mounted archer had extra arrows stored on its mount. Also figured it would be more balanced than just saying "hey you can carry more". Perhaps the character could only quick swap the weapons while on the mount, then have to pick them up off the mount when dismounted. (Side suggestion, remove wander soft cap?)

For open field battle, I prefer polearm. For siege, unmounted battle I prefer sward/1H weapon and bow. I would like either more slots as suggested above or ability to switch my equipment pre-battle/at startposition. In warband we had a chest at the spawningpoint. :smile: I could do with 1-2 more weaponslots and an ability to select what 4 slots to activate for this battle at the battle chest :smile:

wel
For open field battle, I prefer polearm. For siege, unmounted battle I prefer sward/1H weapon and bow. I would like either more slots as suggested above or ability to switch my equipment pre-battle/at startposition. In warband we had a chest at the spawningpoint. :smile: I could do with 1-2 more weaponslots and an ability to select what 4 slots to activate for this battle at the battle chest :smile:
Well, considering the fact that you would generally start on your mount, even during a siege, would it not make sense that you might have a spare or alternate weapon on your mount. For me, I am playing a horseback main, so lance, shield, bow and arrows, but because of the 4 available slots, I'm generally not going to jump off my mount because i cant carry a sword and using a spear in cqc is suicide unless your a god. In the case of a siege, you could would just have your spare weapon on your horse, switch to it, jump off, etc.

Well, considering the fact that you would generally start on your mount, even during a siege, would it not make sense that you might have a spare or alternate weapon on your mount. For me, I am playing a horseback main, so lance, shield, bow and arrows, but because of the 4 available slots, I'm generally not going to jump off my mount because i cant carry a sword and using a spear in cqc is suicide unless your a god. In the case of a siege, you could would just have your spare weapon on your horse, switch to it, jump off, etc.

Yes, definately. Its a question of balance and immersion as well as how such mechanic should work.
Balance concideration: There is already big gains in beeing mounted, giving you 2 extra weaponslots is to add to the benefit. Most people already choose mount for it´s benefits, this would just make it even harder to choose infantry.
Mechanism: Case 1: Take you example. You have a sword tied to you mount. You switch to the sword and dismount. What weapon do you lose for this combat? Ideally you lance but how would the game know that? Case 2: you have sword tied to your mount. It´s an open battle. Your mount is killed. How do you fetch your sword?

Having a stach where you get you charachter inventory with 2 "stached" weaponslots where you can set up which 4 is active for the reminder of this battle(or untill you retun and change it again) sounds as a more relying feature :smile:

Just as there is a slot for civilian clothes, there could be a separate one for sieges.

Yes, I would like you to be able to store weapons on the horse, for example while you are in the saddle you can hold down the "g" and instead of selecting the weapon to release you choose which one to store on the horse. And this would appear next to it, like the shield for example in the image. If you want to use it again, hold down the "g" and you can recover it. For example when I use the glaive and the bow and arrow it is somewhat annoying that the sword is in the rotation of weapons and although I usually drop it at the beginning of the game in the multi there are times that having it can save your life.

In the case that the horse has a slot for objects in the inventory, you could still use what I put before to exchange your current weapon for the one on the horse.
c8c496a0f48944fd9cfff869c7018006.jpg

I have suggested something similar a while back https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...n-and-functionality-in-inventory-page.434616/
I like the idea too, it makes sense to have a smaller chest that you carry to battle and maintain your personal items.
I think there should be a limit to what items could appear on the battle (number and type).
If I remember correctly we have a chest in warband in battles, a similar system could be applied in Bannerlord.

I actually have thought of adding x number of slots for your horse, depending on the kind of mount you have.
("small" horse - 1 slot; "normal" horse - 2 slots; "big" horse or mule 3 slots) OR
(3 slots for every mount but the amount of weight varies accordingly and limits the number of slots).
That would allow you to carry weapons, ammo or any kind of equipment as long as it fits certain weight/other parameters.
The weight would add to the equipment the horse has and to the rider and it's armor as well.
It would make the horse slower as well, but I think it's a nice trade.
main-qimg-e38c83db3c399f8577d3d14fa715839f
main-qimg-817dae5a28d655f01232ccd38bdd517e

main-qimg-668bca56c79c6638af5ac96d084c55df
main-qimg-794219a0bd80d833e31ec29852950e24

c325a8744bdd8200d15cc16f3dae63d5.jpg
836f75180e76d6556ed1dd0e391a6ca1.jpg

my-horse-redhawk.jpg
Set110_C61648FCAC902.jpg

FAD68648E0D04F179C4512AB5BB91485E6736024
14thhussars1900.jpg
@emrozdemir Have you discussed this with the team? Thanks in advance, we really appreciate your comments and interaction.

Last edited:
at least one more slot.
If i want 1 spear and shield(horse), a sword for melee combat and bow and arrow.. i must choose between sword and spear... and in a horse i prefer the spear.
One more slot.
Or separated slot for ammunition like arrows, bolts and knives.

Back
Top Bottom