SP - General More types of tournaments and contests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Klopkr

Recruit
I've been having a lot of fun playing the tournaments in game and I like that each civilization has a simply different kind of tournament but I think there's a lot more variety that could be added to the tournaments using nothing but existing game mechanics.

So here's a simple list of tournaments i'd like to see:

• Horse/Camel racing: Popular in the Empire/Aserai. Bring your own horse/camel, race around the track against your opponents. First to x laps gets the round.
  • Archery contest: Popular in Battania. Not just a contest of hitting the bullseye but also how far you shoot from. Total score of 3 shots per round.
  • Spear throwing contest: Popular in Sturgia. Who can throw a spear the farthest.
  • Rock tossing contest: Popular in Battanian villages. Throw one of the heavy siege rocks as far as you can.
  • Mounted archery contest: Popular among the Khuzait. Shoot a series of archery targets at full speed on a horse. The more hits you get the more points.
  • Jousting: Popular in Vlandia: Use a lance to knock off your opponent from his horse. Only couched hits count. Many rounds tournament style.
  • Brawl: Popular in the backstreets of every city and town. Fist fight one on one through rounds of opponents in a small indoor or back street arena.
  • Foot race: Popular in every village. Race other villagers by foot to the other side of town.
  • Hide and seek: Popular with children everywhere. Really just a quest. Just go find them, no helpful markers. Once you find them all, get some good relations in town and a 5 coins.
  • Various awards for workshops that bring in the most money in their particular type of warehouse in Calradia.
  • Low level gambling in the back alleys. Playing simple dice games or betting on fights, races, etc.
  • Single combat duel tournaments.
  • Challenge duel: Challenge a lord who hates you. Winner gets the losers renown.

Along the same lines inevitably it'd be nice to have other kinds of contest. I don't think the game supports what it takes to do them yet but someday I hope to see these kinds of contests too:

• Dances/Balls.
  • A smithing contest.
  • Swimming contest.
  • Fishing contest in villages.
  • A hunt with you and your closest friends. Bring a dog to help find the prey. Beware bears, lions, and wolves.
  • Bird hunting. Bring your hawk or falcon to harass your prey and make them easier targets.
  • 'Fashion/popularity contest' Most well liked/dressed at the party gets an honour.
  • High art betting. Gain renown for out bidding your opponents on prestigious art. Don't push too hard though or you might find yourself paying for more than it's worth.
  • Horsebreeding contests.
  • Instrument playing.
  • Poetry contest. Pick your lines wisely based on what you know of your audience.
  • Cooking. All these ingredients might as well add it as a cute skill.
Lastly I think it should be a much greater challenge to reach the top ranks of any tournament circuit with many AI characters given the best equipment who primarily move around the map participating in these tournaments. If it becomes harder to become the greatest tournament champion then the rewards could a bit better among nobles recognizing your talents.

Last edited:
+1
I would like to see duels too, just like the ones you do in the training fields, but with the crowd standing really close by the fence and all the buzz.

Those are really great Ideas, I hope they can be incorporated with the current stats system, for example throwing rocks can be agility bound, we all know throwing javs has its own sill :smile:

Hide and seek with the village kids: the single best suggestion on this entire forum. :LOL: I need this in my life. +1!

+1
I would like to see duels too, just like the ones you do in the training fields, but with the crowd standing really close by the fence and all the buzz.
Oh yeah I think duels should be in too. I'd like to see contest like duels and challenge style duels. You'd get similar prizes but the latter you could call out a lord for a duel and winner gets lots of their enemies renown.

jousting really gets me hyped.
I found a nice short video that explains the rules of this medieval sport:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom