SP - Scenes More Triggers for Relationship Adjustments

Users who are viewing this thread

SR71

Recruit
Suggestion: expand the list of actions that increase (or maybe decrease) relationship.

Background: I was early in a game, not even tier 3. I was a Battanian mercenary who was trying to woo Liena dey Tihr, because she's amazing. Liena was still a Vlandian lady at the time, and Vlandia was handily winning a war against Sturgia. I was nearby when I saw her party being chased by a Sturgian noble. She was too slow, and would be caught by this group, and while her retinue was large enough to beat back this attack there were enough other Sturgians in the area that she would be pinned and overwhelmed.

I moved in to help as soon as the first fight broke out, but there was no option to involve myself at all.
Suggestion 1a: always allow the player to intercede in a fight, and figure the consequences afterwards.

I watched helplessly as her men were slaughtered by the assembled Sturgians, and she was put in chains. Immediately following that I met with the noble who held her, and offered to ransom her personally. It was ~3500 in gold to secure her release upon which she moved immediately to Drapand Castle with nary a thought for me.
Suggestion 1b: offer a relationship bonus for paying the ransom for a captured noble. Doesn't need to be a flat value, may not even apply to Closefisted nobles, but should apply to the noble in question and/or the clan.

Finally I met her at Charas where I began to court her. We were married early the next year. The part where I ransomed her was never spoen of again.

always allow the player to intercede in a fight, and figure the consequences afterwards.

+585929827 dude, not allowing us to make our own choices is very annoying.
And yes, having consequences to freeing a lord/lady should not only improve the relation by a ****load but also that lord/lady should remember it, unless their personality makes them very proud and they reject our good will or something. Good suggestion

Back
Top Bottom