SP - Quests More solo quests

Users who are viewing this thread

Some time ago, I created another Bannerlord character. Just like in Mount & Blade: Warband, my beginnings are never joyfull, since my characters are always beaten, humilliated and kidnapped by criminal scum until I get angry and try to get revenge on whole Calradia. This time, that wasn't different xD.
Without any money, food and all by myself, I started to follow a different path than usual. I started to travel around Calradia all by myself, with the goal of getting to be the first one in the tournaments' leaderboard (I'm a roleplaying guy), getting better at swordfighting, getting better equipment and making enough money so I could make workshops and generate income.
It has been around 9 years ingame since my character started his adventure, and around 7 years (I believe) since he has finally got into the first place on the leaderboard. I have never followed a "lonely path" in a Mount & Blade game before, and one thing that I noticed is that, even though you have the possibility of riding alone around Calradia just taking some rare quests (since most of them are based on having at least some men under your command), the game itself doesn't seem to "like" the way you play. Most of the quests take the premise that you are a leader of a mercenary group. Since it is a sandbox game, I think it would be nice if the game could give you the opportunity of following this "lonely" path.

So, based on my recent "lonely warrior" journey, I think I would love to see more quests meant to be played alone in the game. We already have Family Feud, Rescue Daughter and, my favorite, The Spy Among Us (and c'mon, that's the most thrilling quest I played in the game so far), that ends with an epic final duel between the spy and the main character, and we had some in Warband also (Kill Local Merchant and Duel for Lady are some examples). I would love to see more quests and events based in the character alone, specially some which involve long and thrilling duels just like The Spy Among Us. Maybe some assassination quests, fights in the tavern, spying for another kingdom, dueling important nobles, or maybe even joining an army as a soldier.
After some time as a lonely warrior, I started to let my character have the company of some heroes (their abilities are quite useful). It would be nice to have "only heroes" quests.
Another thing is that, besides all the detail on cities' environment, I rarely got to do anything inside them. I think that's another opportunity for making more quests, since I have a two-handed sword equipped in my "civillian" equipment and never got to use it (I know about that thing of getting in trouble with bandits inside the town, and I love it, but I only found that bandits once, and in another save).

I almost exclusively play the game that way, but have to eventually get some men to do much else.

I'd like to see some random events when entering towns and villages. Stuff like a message coming up that there's a running battle in the town between the larger gangs, and ask if I still want to enter or wait until it's over. There would be small grooups of the two gangs running around fighting eachother and the town guards fighting both. It's be a nice little mini battle and as a trade off taking part in the battle will impact relations with the gang leaders and guardsm depending which sides you killed.

Also like to see the beligerant drunk in the tavern again, I miss getting a free sword in early game. The drunk could drop not-rusty weapons so it'll be good to check out the tavern once in a while.

With villages there could be quests like loose, cow/horse/sheep you have to heard back into pens for a little relations. Or quests like family feud that is in the same village. Also challenging people to a spar or archery competition for increase relations and will also increase the village millitia by the number of people you spared/shoot with. For simplicity there'll be no pay and experience would be like in tornaments.

There could be harvesting quests in villages. It could be like the manual labor quest where the player could turn in as many as they wish over a minimum. Flax/grain/olive/date/fruit could be harvested from trees in the village and player gets 10% as reward. Fishing, could be a nice mini game, mining for ore/salt/clay, etc. What I'd really like to see are villages that produce hide/fur/skin, needing player to hunt deers in the trees around the village and carry them back to the NPC (could use the animation for carrying boulder in sieges).

These wouldn't need a large party and would give the player something to do in towns and villages. To go a little further they could be like the barber, an NPC will always be in village to offer these jobs but never come up in quick talk.

My ultimate wishlist though is a 'Looking for a companion' quest. It'd be a dialogue option you ask the village headman and he'll offer a number of candidates (this could be how many recruits available in the village). There will be 6 options to tests the candidates on. A sword spar for Vigor based companion, archery for Control, foot race for Endurance. Cunning, Social and Inteligence could be a question each where the candidate with the higher value answering first. The play could skip all the test or take all of them before choosing a candidate. It'll be something of a create your custom companion.

Back
Top Bottom