SP - Quests More side activities

Users who are viewing this thread

Temnik0v

Recruit
Here's a list of my suggestions:

1) Feasts with challenges (throwing knives at pots or shooting bow for a prize); --- something like in training grounds but while being at festivals in towns.
2) fist brawls 1vs1; (same mechanic as arena tournament, but in villages - and works only at night)
3) massive fist brawls in villages for fun;
4) horse racing;
5) hunting (on battle maps, but with sneaking and animals);
6) fishing;
7) treasure hunting (pieces of map to collect or random maps with random locations);
:cool: thievery; (in dialogue or with holding F in towns or villages at night time)
9) headhunting (some kind of board of bounty in city menu or in city itself).

For sure. Players need side activities to break up and accentuate the action. Here are some other random ideas:
10) alchemy (gather plants, make salves and such with minor bonsues)
11) player-owned library and books that are collectible and readable (deepens lore and serves as a collectables mechanic)
12) customisable manors
13) unique item sets (maybe the pieces are hidden around the world)
14) ways to expand banner options (buy rare dyes from certain merchants, and such)
15) discoverable landmarks (one could have a tattoo-giving NPC in the far southeast, another could have a piece of a unique item set)
16) random encounters (like in Fallout 1 and 2 but without any zany encounters)
It almost doesn't even matter what the side content is so long as it can mix things up. Sometimes players find a way to make their own fun from this stuff. For example, I'm planning on making a Morrowind character just to read all those lore books I largely ignored. It gives me an excuse to play the game again.

I'd want there to be a few "weird encounters" they made VC so interesting. the slight dabs of folklore and supernatural stuff without it being entirely clear that it was "actually" happening or if it was "embelishment", "metaphor", etc.

Even though this was posted a while ago, just wanted to say that we will keep these suggestions in mind, there are some interesting ones in here.

Yes, more side activities .. that give ..
- More interaction with people already in castles / towns.

BUT not ..
- more village quests that reduce moral / security in castles / towns if you don't do them, that gets very old very quickly for a King. Ok at the start but not later.

Yes, more side activities .. that give ..
- More interaction with people already in castles / towns.

BUT not ..
- more village quests that reduce moral / security in castles / towns if you don't do them, that gets very old very quickly for a King. Ok at the start but not later.
I mean there should be some ""quests"" you have to do as a lord, or rather you have to do at least semi-regularly if you want to preserve some "positive" relations with your fief. IE: going to the village spring or summer festival, or sending a representative in your stead. Having to look for, or send parties in search of animals that wandered off might also help here.

I mean there should be some ""quests"" you have to do as a lord, or rather you have to do at least semi-regularly if you want to preserve some "positive" relations with your fief. IE: going to the village spring or summer festival, or sending a representative in your stead. Having to look for, or send parties in search of animals that wandered off might also help here.

Doing each settlement quest 30+ times gets very old very quickly, I'm constantly "destroying bandit parties" or "find 36 criminals to work in the mines" or "Artisans, in a town, can't sell their goods because of some ancient blood ritual that happened in the Age of Agon the Dread" So you change the law, allow them to sell ... but 10 seconds later you get the same Issue ! .. Wait ? didn't I just change that law ! ???? There's no link between this quest and Laws you pass as a King !

Doing each settlement quest 30+ times gets very old very quickly, I'm constantly "destroying bandit parties" or "find 36 criminals to work in the mines" or "Artisans, in a town, can't sell their goods because of some ancient blood ritual that happened in the Age of Agon the Dread" So you change the law, allow them to sell ... but 10 seconds later you get the same Issue ! .. Wait ? didn't I just change that law ! ???? There's no link between this quest and Laws you pass as a King !
that's fair, those kinds of quests need to be more related to when a "problem" is detected, though I guess that creates the problem of there being nothing to do in the early game,

which might be fixed in some future game by having something along the lines of the old warband mod Nova Aetus's system of "districts" for cities that allow for multiple street scenes per city, creating enough room that you might be able to fit in more than just a few notables.

that's fair, those kinds of quests need to be more related to when a "problem" is detected, though I guess that creates the problem of there being nothing to do in the early game,

which might be fixed in some future game by having something along the lines of the old warband mod Nova Aetus's system of "districts" for cities that allow for multiple street scenes per city, creating enough room that you might be able to fit in more than just a few notables.

An easy fix would be just have these quests once per village / town, once you fix it, it stays fixed. If you don't fix it, it comes back later. ?? Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom