More Restrictions On Skills For Classes

Users who are viewing this thread

Cav who don't take archery as their ability shouldn't be able to shoot
Archers shouldn't be able to just mount horses and ride just like cav
Inf shouldn't be able to pick up bow/arrows and mount horses

I thought the whole point of a class system was discerning each class and its skill from others.. why would you guys implement a class system yet have each troop have similar skills? Even from a realism standpoint, archers and cav took time to train. At least make the crosshair super big and the horses super slow/inmaneuverable

I absolutely agree with this, can someone explain WHY peasant archers are able to ride a heavy battle horse AND shoot perfectly on top of it? Or why a peasant is able to use a Fiann longbow with ease? Why there are bows for heavy cav when the other options are spears and lances which they SHOULD take?(if you take bow and arrows as a mameluke or as a druzhnik you're pretty useless to the team)

Makes zero sense.

Bring back the system from Warband where no one else then the dedicated cavalry could ride a heavy charger horse. If feels like all the classes are super soldiers capable of doing anything.

Last edited:
Well, aside from freedom when it comes to mounting and shooting, the proficiency differences are very harsh. It's hard for dismounted cav to win against a good infantry player.
I mean, cavalry is not fitted to do 1v1 against infantry, their equipment is not good for that. For example the vlandian knights cavalry sword I think is the slowest 1h sword in the game, and it should be, cavalry is supposed to fight on top of a horse, not on foot.

I mean, cavalry is not fitted to do 1v1 against infantry, their equipment is not good for that. For example the vlandian knights cavalry sword I think is the slowest 1h sword in the game, and it should be, cavalry is supposed to fight on top of a horse, not on foot.
It's not the sword, it's the stats. You can pick up literally any weapon and you'll be swinging slower and for less damage. Also I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but OP claims there aren't enough restrictions.

It's not the sword, it's the stats. You can pick up literally any weapon and you'll be swinging slower and for less damage. Also I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but OP claims there aren't enough restrictions.
Yeah what he means is that peasants are able to use longbows and militia archers are able to mount heavy horses. This shouldn't be possible. You do less damage with other weapons but you're able to use them that's the problem.

The example you have given is the way it should work, but it doesn't for every class equally/fairly. Cavalry are unnecessarily gimped by this when an infantryman can pick up the bow and be a heavy archer/infantry combo.

Back
Top Bottom