B Dark Ages More Pictish painted bodies (Skill-bonuses now added, Save-compatible) for 2.012

Users who are viewing this thread

Couple new ones about done. Was going for something a bit more understated for the first one, the opposite for the second one.
BMnmE.jpg

R4tO7.jpg

Someone asked me for a guide on how to do this so I'll post it here too:

1. Get hold of photoshop (or Gimp, the free alternative) and get the DDS plugin for it, let's you open MB texture files.
2. In vc's textures folder find vc_body_male01.dds and copy to a different folder. Or get this PS file, I've included the UV map guide, shows you how stuff will be mapped onto the model. https://www.sendspace.com/file/9v544a
3. Open it up and on a new layer paint your designs. Either avoid painting over the seams (edges) entirely or make it so busy/complex that the discrepancies are hard to spot.
4. When you're finished flatten the images and copy the largest left hand square (use shift when using the rectangular select tool to get an exact square), resize by  50% over and over to copy over the smaller versions on the right. I think shift+ctrl+t can speed this up in PS. You don't have to do all of them until your design is finalised.
5. save it as a .dds file and put it in the vc textures folder or whatever mod you're adding it to.
6.Go to this section of the forum: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,215.0.html . and get OpenBRF. That's what you use to combine your texture with a model,

There should be plenty of info there on how to do the rest, good luck.

I'll probably try to update the pack once reforged is released.

Thank you. 

It depends what you mean. Do you want your character to wear one of these? Do you want to make your own custom one? Or do you mean something else?

Laryakan said:
I want my character to wear one of these :smile: It's already more than enough to me :smile:

@laryakan the "painted bodies" is a fake armor you equip on your character just like any other. You can get them in the Scots area  :smile:. The troops there also use them!

@kragrrim has created new ones to expand the selection if you want even more options

Check the Pictish Troop Tree
PKG2C6rQbShl-uY4j0X1KwKX4gIlbndmJrGEwWqDX1Y=w353-h189-no

PKG2C6rQbShl-uY4j0X1KwKX4gIlbndmJrGEwWqDX1Y=w1899-h1018-no

Ah ok, well I'll try to update the pack when Reforged is properly released (preferably with the source code released). If you want to give it a shot before then you can use the programs openBRF and Morgh's editor (or MB Barracks) to put one into the game fairly easily from the old download.

And yes as kalarhan mentions you can always use the existing ones. You can get them from the cheat menu or I think there might be a pictish lord who will give you one if you are a pictish character.

I haven't noticed any female pict bodies in the default game, so I'm guessing the only ones are the ones modded in? In that case it'd be nice to add the one you have here in. If someone can point me to a tutorial of using openBRF to do so, I'd be grateful (cheatmenu available only is fine, if thats the simplest)

Oh dear, the download link seems to be dead. Needs updated anyway. I'll upload an new version with some instructions at some point.

Updated for Reforged/2.0. I added a cloak to the female mesh since the naked version's shoulders can look somewhat weird, you can get it from the cheat menu.

You might want to hold off for now, I may have found a problem. Seems like when you add items using morgh's it moves the dog_bite weapon down below them. I'll check and see if he's wearing a pictish body now!

I FINALLY figured out how to add the ritual equipment skill bonuses, so made a new version for 2.012.

Download it here or here.

Make a backup of your module.ini, scripts.txt, menus.txt, itemkinds1.txt and troops.txt.  The troops.txt adds these to the lowest 3 tiers of Pictish troops, but you can ignore this file and add them how you want. Unzip the file using 7zip or another program then copy over the files to the proper folders.

Ok, updated it again today because I figured out how to extend the item range of the cheat-menu (do a forum or google search if you don't know how to open this) so you can now get all of them from there easy peasy. They're on the last page.

Also added this one:
X6sbZ.jpg

Also updated my easy guide to making these:
1. Get hold of photoshop (or Gimp, the free alternative) and optionally get the DDS plugin(also free) for it, let's you open MB texture files.
2. Get this PhotoShop file, I've included the UV map guide, shows you how stuff will be mapped onto the model. This one doesn't require the DDS plugin. Alternatively, in vc's textures folder find vc_body_male01.dds make a copy and start with that.
3. Open it up and on a new layer paint your designs. Either avoid painting over the seams (edges) entirely or make it so busy/complex that the discrepancies are hard to spot. But don't worry too much, just have fun.
4. At this point you can just send it to me if you want to include it.

5. When you're finished flatten the images and make crop it to just the big left-hand square. Make sure the image is an equal height and width in pixels.
6. Save it as a .dds file, choose "DTX1" and "generate MIP maps" when the DDS window comes up.
7. Put it in the vc textures folder or whatever mod you're adding it to.
8. Go to this section of the forum and get OpenBRF. That's what you use to combine your texture with a model. There should be plenty of info there on how to do the rest, good luck.
If you want to make Norse or other culture tattooed bodies I can include these too.

Back
Top Bottom