SP - Battles & Sieges more option for sieges (enable Siege of Alesia moments?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sieges are the most infuriating part of the game. this is what generally happens in my experience: faction A sieges a settlement of faction B. faction B creates an army and goes to relieve the siege. faction A's army upon seeing faction B's army ends the siege and runs away. faction B then sieges a settlement of faction A. faction A creates an army and makes B's army run away. this can continue for a significant amount of time until one finally wins a siege, at witch point peace is made. to solve this problem there should be an option when a siege camp is made to "upgrade" the siege camp to different tiers, which will take more time to set up but will add bonuses for the sieging army.

tier 2 siege camp: adds a "dedicated siege work tents" to the the camp increasing speed and damage of siege engines.
tier 3 siege camp: adds "encircling palisade", so that if the besieged sally out, the battlefield is the besiegers camp with a small palisade around it with gaps that can act as chokepoint.
tier 4 siege camp: adds an "outer palisade", so if the besiegers are attacked by a relief army (as they always are), the relief army will have to fight at the siege camp with palisades around it instead of an open battlefield. this would give the sieging army a chance to siege in peace rather than always runnig away whenever a relief army arrives.
tier 5 siege camp: adds "palisades with gates" so any relief army wanting to fight the sieging army must go though a siege of their own.

the last tier is what I want above all the other one since it enable a Siege of Alesia moment, where the sieging army becomes besieged themselves.
let me know if anyone thinks this is to much though.

Back
Top Bottom