Users who are viewing this thread

In my opinion I get not enough money from fiefs. I have to save my castles and I need troops in my party, but I can not pay them. I have to buy caravans and workshops for my income but its still very hard. Without this its impossiple. If I have an kingdom i can not pay the vassals and other things. Please give more money for fiefs. Thank you very much.

I feel like i get more money then i can spend from fiefs and i am not a hoarder, you need to budget better and never hold castles.
Castle don't get the same risk of rebellion like towns so you should give them to lords to protect the vicinity of your properties.

Don't over garrison your towns and forget about caravans for the time being, i at most run 2 caravans just to skill up my companions and to get trade rumors.

I think lords should get more money from castles and their towns, just a bit more to get them out of poverty and into average wealth. Lords with towns should be able to get rich wealth.

you need to budget better and never hold castles.
Castles is fiefs. It must be a good deal to own a castle. And of course you are kind of a hoarder if you keep town you can man up with a decent Governor and avoid castles/throw them back into a second voting/hand them out to your vassals :razz:

I think lords should get more money from castles and their towns, just a bit more to get them out of poverty and into average wealth. Lords with towns should be able to get rich wealth.
Me too! Alot more! But elite troops should also be alot more expensive.

Castles is fiefs. It must be a good deal to own a castle. And of course you are kind of a hoarder if you keep town you can man up with a decent Governor and avoid castles/throw them back into a second voting/hand them out to your vassals :razz:

Me too! Alot more! But elite troops should also be alot more expensive.
I tend to keep towns of my culture when i am not empire citizen and maybe frontline towns to ensure prisoners don't escape that easily. After the war is done i tend to hand out the frontline HQ to someone else.

Aren't elites expensive enough? I am ok with them being more expensive but i fear it might bankrupt the AI even more.

Aren't elites expensive enough? I am ok with them being more expensive but i fear it might bankrupt the AI even more.
No elites are redicously cheap to upgrade especially.

AI is a problem OFC. They need to to learn to fit their mounth to their economy. Upgrade shold not allways be a no-brainer. They should use the wage-limit functionality we can use for secondary parties and garrisons. And probably focus on quantity over quality to qualify for armies.

Look at Viking Conquest. Upgradecost were about 10x what it is in BL.
Wage about the same I think. I would be happy with a 5x increase.
Nobility and fiefs were a giant step for get an econmy.

AI is a problem OFC. They need to to learn to fit their mounth to their economy. Upgrade shold not allways be a no-brainer. They should use the wage-limit functionality we can use for secondary parties and garrisons. And probably focus on quantity over quality to qualify for armies.
I know they do use wage limit for garrison (You can see it when you donate troops to a poor lord's fief).
I think they used to focus on quantity before and that resulted in armies full of recruits. It is a tricky situation, i hope they figure out a balance :/

I think they used to focus on quantity before and that resulted in armies full of recruits. It is a tricky situation, i hope they figure out a balance :/
Good start! Give them more income and they will upgrade!

Yes, I want more expensive upgrades but with a lean towards the higher tiers. An AI band of T3-T4 is more than fine to me if that´s where they run into the limit!

Never leave the AI with more castles than towns. Keep excess castles yourself and focus to grow village hearths after building core productions. Once villages grow, they produce more, tax and resources. That allows castles and cities to grow. At least that's how it works for me, you just need a proper order to do thing. Doesn't mean its easy to defend them in the meantime though

+1. Ya I make more money from war, war should be expensive not a source of income.

Edit : I'm kinda at my wits end, I'm paying 17 000 denars per day in tribute, average around 50 000 denars in debt, I can't keep workshops as I keep getting war deced and losing them.

Last edited:
The garrison needed to defend cities/castles are more expensive than what you can make from them.
I think the best way to solve the issue is to make cities/castles need less garrison to be defended.
I mean that's how real life is right? very few people inside a castle/city could easily defend against larger armies.

Back
Top Bottom