B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Users who are viewing this thread

After some testing, I've found that the horse sounds are a bit annoying.. They're too quiet for multiplayer, so ninja-horsing is more of a problem.
How would i go about using the native Horse movement sounds, but leaving the rest of the mod??
I've tried a few things but they've either left the horses with very very quiet sounds, or just done nothing ^^.
Help would be appreciated.

Alec{zacool} said:
If it pleases you, I shall be including this in my Oceanic Factions mod. :smile:
Sure  :smile:

CMarshall said:
After some testing, I've found that the horse sounds are a bit annoying.. They're too quiet for multiplayer, so ninja-horsing is more of a problem.
How would i go about using the native Horse movement sounds, but leaving the rest of the mod??
I've tried a few things but they've either left the horses with very very quiet sounds, or just done nothing ^^.
Help would be appreciated.
You would need to get a copy of the module system and edit the included module_sounds.py.
Change these lines:
("horse_walk",sf_priority_3|sf_vol_7, ["horse_walk_01.ogg","horse_walk_02.ogg","horse_walk_03.ogg","horse_walk_04.ogg","horse_walk_05.ogg","horse_walk_06.ogg","horse_walk_07.ogg","horse_walk_08.ogg"]),
("horse_trot",sf_priority_3|sf_vol_7, ["horse_trot_01.ogg","horse_trot_02.ogg","horse_trot_03.ogg","horse_trot_04.ogg","horse_trot_05.ogg","horse_trot_06.ogg","horse_trot_07.ogg","horse_trot_08.ogg","horse_trot_09.ogg","horse_trot_10.ogg"]),
("horse_canter",sf_priority_3|sf_vol_10, ["horse_canter_01.ogg","horse_canter_02.ogg","horse_canter_03.ogg","horse_canter_04.ogg","horse_canter_05.ogg","horse_canter_06.ogg","horse_canter_07.ogg","horse_canter_08.ogg"]),
("horse_gallop",sf_priority_3|sf_vol_10, ["horse_gallop_01.ogg","horse_gallop_02.ogg","horse_gallop_03.ogg","horse_gallop_04.ogg","horse_gallop_05.ogg","horse_gallop_06.ogg","horse_gallop_07.ogg","horse_gallop_08.ogg","horse_gallop_09.ogg","horse_gallop_10.ogg"]),

to

("horse_walk",sf_priority_3|sf_vol_7, ["horse_walk_01.ogg","horse_walk_02.ogg","horse_walk_03.ogg","horse_walk_04.ogg","horse_walk_05.ogg","horse_walk_06.ogg","horse_walk_07.ogg","horse_walk_08.ogg"]),
("horse_trot",sf_priority_3|sf_vol_7, ["horse_trot_01.ogg","horse_trot_02.ogg","horse_trot_03.ogg","horse_trot_04.ogg","horse_trot_05.ogg","horse_trot_06.ogg","horse_trot_07.ogg","horse_trot_08.ogg","horse_trot_09.ogg","horse_trot_10.ogg"]),
("horse_canter",sf_priority_3|sf_vol_10, ["horse_canter_01.ogg","horse_canter_02.ogg","horse_canter_03.ogg","horse_canter_04.ogg","horse_canter_05.ogg","horse_canter_06.ogg","horse_canter_07.ogg","horse_canter_08.ogg"]),
("horse_gallop",sf_priority_3|sf_vol_10, ["horse_gallop_01.ogg","horse_gallop_02.ogg","horse_gallop_03.ogg","horse_gallop_04.ogg","horse_gallop_05.ogg","horse_gallop_06.ogg","horse_gallop_07.ogg","horse_gallop_08.ogg","horse_gallop_09.ogg","horse_gallop_10.ogg"]),
Basically replace the horse_walk, horse_trot, horse_canter and horse_gallop entries with the native ones. 

When using this with 1.113, I hear battle sounds whenever I am near a city. However, there are no battles nearby.
The changelog of 1.113 says that the sound system was improved. Maybe something has changed?

Bismarck said:
When using this with 1.113, I hear battle sounds whenever I am near a city. However, there are no battles nearby.
The changelog of 1.113 says that the sound system was improved. Maybe something has changed?
This problem occurs when using the sounds.txt meant for the original Mount&Blade with Warband. In the mod package there is a "Warband" folder. Use the sounds.txt located in this folder instead of the one located with the readme.

CMarshall said:
Never used the system before. Could you elaborate a little more on the steps?
Here is a modified sounds.txt with the native horse sounds: http://www.sendspace.com/file/v31384

I installed this on native and it works well except when I move around the campaign map it makes the sound of a nearby battle
(You know the struggling and occasional scream) consistently and it proves annoying quickly. I'm pretty sure I installed it right. Anyone else have this issue?

Zyedy said:
I installed this on native and it works well except when I move around the campaign map it makes the sound of a nearby battle
(You know the struggling and occasional scream) consistently and it proves annoying quickly. I'm pretty sure I installed it right. Anyone else have this issue?
Check my post above.
Use the sounds.txt located in the "Warband" folder of package instead of the sounds.txt located with the readme if you are installing for Warband.

The Harmonizer said:
I really like the soundpack but I dislike the taunts, I whould prefer those to be back to the usual grunting.
There should be an "Extra" folder in the package. Use the sounds.txt located in this folder if you want the original voices. For Warband there should also be an Extra folder with a sounds.txt in the Warband folder of the download.

Scientia Excelsa said:
I beg of you to increase the volume of hoofbeats!  With that, it would be nearly perfect.
Second request so far for this. I will increase the horse hoof sound volume in the next update.

I can't get this to work on M&B Warband (1.113). Tried both the Native mod \ Sounds (+ changing the ini file) and the M&B\Sounds, nothing works. Same native sounds.

(I know what they sound like cause I played Lords & Realms a lot back then)

Windows 7 to blame for it?

Back
Top Bottom