B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Users who are viewing this thread

This might be somewhat offtopic... but I am sure I remember that in older versions of M&B (say 0.751) there used to be some curses and other taunting vocals during battles.  Could something like this be implemented?

It was still in 0.960... Maybe it even works via copy&paste?

Btw, I'm downloading the update, I'm looking forward to hearing it :smile:

Thanks for the kind words guys  :smile:

Leggeron said:
This might be somewhat offtopic... but I am sure I remember that in older versions of M&B (say 0.751) there used to be some curses and other taunting vocals during battles.  Could something like this be implemented?
The taunts header isn't used by the game anymore but I can put in insults with the man_yell header. So yes, taunting can be implemented.

*edit
V1.2 of the Prophecy of Pendor includes my sounds so I will take down the download link in the first post 

Due to popular request jasonxfri13th created manual on how to merge More Metal Sound Mod with Sword of Damocles, here is the link.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,54404.0.html

Thanks for mod!

Thanks for the heads up vonmistont. Nice to see the mod getting some publicity.

Here is a minor update bringing the sound pack up to Version 1.2

Changes
-Added in some voices from the "Official Vocals Sound Pack" by rejenorst
-Improved metal shield impacts
-Improved high damage metal impacts
-Re-did the sword clashes
-Various other improvements and volume tweaks

First post updated

Quick update for some improvements I wanted to get out ASAP

V1.3
-New horse charge sounds
-New shield break sound
-Some improvements to interface sounds
-Various other improvements and volume tweaks

Also included a sounds.txt for Prophesy of Pendor
First post updated

Wonderfull addition to the game.I have been looking for a new mod to change that native sounds for a long time.Thanks.

Checkmaty,  your mod has been placed in the latest Chronicles of Talera release (v2.0) and you have been credited in the release post.  Just wanted to make you aware it was being used.  Thanks again for sharing your work!

Its great that you guys are enjoying the new sounds  :grin:

@Kardiophylax
Thanks for the heads up; I'll try out the mod when I get some time.
I'm glad I released a quick update before the new version of Chronicles of Talera. Haven't been able to get much work done on the sounds but I'm happy with how they are currently. If there are any suggestions for improvements or changes, I'm listening.     

Checkmaty said:
Its great that you guys are enjoying the new sounds  :grin:

@Kardiophylax
Thanks for the heads up; I'll try out the mod when I get some time.
I'm glad I released a quick update before the new version of Chronicles of Talera. Haven't been able to get much work done on the sounds but I'm happy with how they are currently. If there are any suggestions for improvements or changes, I'm listening.     

If I see any feedback in our threads on them, I'll  be sure to send them your way.  :smile:

Spent some time to play the game and noticed some sounds that stuck out too much and didn't fit in with the rest. Here is a small update to fix that.

V1.4
-Some improvements to weapon impacts
-Volume tweaks

First post and download links updated

Hello folks,

Congrats friendo Checkmaty for the new update of this very nice sound mod. I did notice something which is not really a bug as it does not really bug me  :wink: but as you asked us for a feed back, thought it was better to report it.

Since v1.4, I have (almost always) a sort of"victory cry sound" (I think it is the one we hear when a battle is won or one similar cry) when I enter a tavern or a castle or a market.
When I climb up the stairs to visit a trader, I now hear a sort of "falling body sound" when getting on top of the stair...

Btw, this is not a big problem friendo since I may be the only one to experience it but here is waht I wanted to report you.

Barbac
:lol: 

Gerhart said:
Hand-to-hand combat has a better feel to it too.  I know it sounds strange but with the sound turned up you can actually "feel" the impact of striking your opponent.  Along with the grunts, missed swings etc... I really started to get into the battle.

I noticed this too. The sounds reflect the actions more accurately, making the game more intuitive.

By the way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbfuI0PMdA

Back
Top Bottom