Users who are viewing this thread

I've come up with a few ideas to make the cities in Bannerlord a bit more interesting. I apologize in advance if I created something duplicative.

▪ Ancient Knowledge

-In cities: It could be at least interesting if there were possible EasterEggs in the cities, which would not be directly necessary to finish the game but would have a considerable benefit on the player's character. An example could be a quest where the player has to find a secret temple or an old fountain in the city (just something ancient where knowledge would be preserved). This knowledge would then yield some skills or possibly some perks.
-In bandit camps: Of course, ancient knowledge need not be hidden only in cities. It can also be stolen by bandits. An attack on a badit camp would be an opportunity to find the chest. When it is opened, the knowledge would then be retrieved. To unlock the chest, it would be possible to use the E (kick) function or implement the Lockpicking function.
Here is how it could look like.
To conclude: ancient knowledge could be entangled with riddles. Thus, a bit of thinking would be required to acquire the knowledge.

▪ A chest full of treasure
-In cities and Bandit camps: The same principle as with ▪ Ancient Knowledge could work here. There could be a quest or it could just be pure player curiosity and desire to explore the city. Again, there is a possibility to implement this feature in cities or bandit camps.

▪ Workshop upgrading
-Functions: Workshop upgrade functions could be quite simple. Want to make more money? No problem. This would give the player the ability to upgrade shops. Of course, upgrading a shop would increase production and consumption as well. So if the player upgrades the shop then they need to ensure a sufficient supply of resources.

Example:
Brewery level 1 - Need one associated village with grain to the city
Brewery level 2 - Need two grain villages associated with the city
Brewery level 3 (max?) - Need three associated villages with grain to the city
-Visuals: So with the improvements to the store could come visual improvements as well. From a simple small shop (brewery) it would become a famous pub far and wide which would have a great archytektecture. This could also open up new possibilities for interaction and advertising.
-Interaction and advertising: Owning such a posh pub? It's sure to attract the attention of the nobility. Owning a luxurious inn would improve relations in the city with the nobility over time. This could also be an opportunity for advertising. A new dialogue option where a bribe would be an opportunity to attract customers and temporarily increase revenue. Or the possibility of hanging flyers around town?
-Pub and Hall: Owning a pub would possibly be for hosting events for ordinary people. For the nobles, it could also be a way of hosting festivities in the hall. And if you had purchased decorations, the more decorations the better to improve relations with the nobility.

To conclude: Improve the functioning of the workshop so that it is not just a dry source of income. Possibly adding some manual labor for players to help their workshop flourish.

▪ The army as a workforce
-Functions: I suppose men (women if you have mods) who sign up for the army are not toothpicks. They have the strength and can pick something up. Having the option later in the game to make your army a workforce and speed up project construction wouldn't be bad. And of course, this applies to the player as well. If he took a hammer and put his hand to the work everything would certainly be built faster.
-Debuffs: One gets exhausted while doing the job. Debuff could be such that your army will be weakened in combat. An example might be that it takes three days to fully recover.

▪ Take notes/Calendar
-Functions: I don't think it would be a bad thing if, when visiting the city, important events were written down in some sort of calendar. For example, if I visit a guy at the arena, he can tell me where the tournament is and when it's open. And this could work for other major events as well. Like villages and castles in some radius what quests they have available.

These ideas serve as inspiration. And here's what I would like. Of course, if someone takes inspiration from this and makes a similar principle I will be happy.

I will also be happy if someone gives me feedback on this or possibly creates a mod. I will download it immediately.:grin:

Last edited:
There were several threads during EA on the theme "Give us a reason to visit the beatyful cities and villages!" where I categorize atleast the first part of your suggestion. Think alot of us would back suggestions that would lead to just that, including me! :smile: Sadly development has gone the other way, fast-paced quests are added, few players I guess does not find the time worth it to do the quests themself but have companions do them unless they are quick to do themselves. I think- knowing only a few players myself :smile:

Back
Top Bottom