Discussion Scene Editor More info on implementing scenes and getting them working

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, I'm a total noob when it comes to all this but I have been looking at the documentation and trying to get my scene to work without crashing but I can't figure out all the things I need to get the scene to work. I also can't seem to find any documentation on implementing the scene into the overworld map.

In the image you see I already have a sp_player and I'm not sure what else I need. The documentation talked about village center and stuff but I'm sure how to go about adding that.

im a noob to this too but my only guess is you need a script to load this specific scene in whatever situation you wanted it to load... so you would write a .net script is my guess but im bumping this thread cause i want to know too, the documentation has some useful info but lacks a thorough explanation of everything.

Maybe mod tools wasnt intended to be used by noobs like us... Or maybe somewhere is a detailed guide that hasnt been released yet..

To work your scene into the world map you need to do the following:
  1. In your module folder create a folder called 'ModuleData'
  2. Go into the '..\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData' folder and copy the 'settlements.xml' to your module's 'ModuleData' folder
  3. Open 'settlements.xml' in some text editor and search for the settlement whose scene you want to override.
  4. Then replace the 'scene_name' attribute with the name of your scene. For example from this:
    XML:
    <Location id="village_center" scene_name="battania_village" />
    to this:
    XML:
     <Location id="village_center" scene_name="my_scene" />
As for more detailed guides head over to https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/documentation-tutorials.753/, or search YouTube for Bannerlord scene editor guide and you should find a few videos.

Back
Top Bottom