SP - Battles & Sieges More Immersive Practice Fights

Users who are viewing this thread

Branibor

Recruit
I have a problem with the Practice Fights in Bannerlord (and Warband). They do not feel right, because their unfair rules would most probably never exist in reality.

The Practice Fight Setup Itself

The last man standing gets 250$, but the fighters are entering the arena man by man … that’s highly unfair, especially when the player character is always amongst the starting fighters.
These are my suggestions for a more plausible and therefore immersive practice fight setup:
  • Every fighter pays an entry fee of 30$. (If the arena master earns his money with bets, why can I not place bets? So either the money comes from gambling and I can gamble, too, or the fighters have to “pay to win”.)
  • 16 fighters start in the arena at once! (Evenly dispersed, of course, or rangers would have a big disadvantage.)
  • For each opponent you subdue, you get 20$, starting with the first.
  • The last man standing gets a bonus of 100$. (In the end 80$ go into the pocket of the arena master. He wants to live, too.)
So theoretically one could get 400$ out of it, but that’s highly unrealistic. A gain of 160-180$, if you win, is likely, IMO.

No Spamming of Practice Fights

Theoretically one can fight one match after the next, no matter that the body is covered in hematomas or the skin is hanging in tatters, right? Of course not!

Practice Fights should cost stamina, like smithing does. You can choose to spend your time honing your smithing or fighting skills, but both takes efforts/time. This means in return, that the XP rewards for practice fights must be in balance with the rewards in smithing!

Site Notes to Tournaments and Gambling

Think of an entry fee for tournaments, too! We cannot have every common riffraff battling with distinguished fighters and nobles, or can we? In return, up the tournament rewards.

Think of a better gambling system in tournaments! Why can I not bet on companions (or anyone else) in parallel fights? Why this cumulative betting procedure? Each fight has its own bet, and bets should be immediately resolved after each fight.

Yeah I agree giving more coins when you get down each opponent: right now you are encouraged to stay out trouble and backstabs the last opponent.

Back
Top Bottom