Users who are viewing this thread

Merged with previously somewhat active "Castle Scene Immersion" thread by Ragratt, his OP starts here

I would love to have more possibilities to improve my settlements. They could be cost a lot of gold and time, but it would be nice. First of all the should be more ways to improve the food supply. My castles are always starving with just a quarter of garrison.

It would be Grate to have some improvements like:
-make the lord's hall better
-some storage room to place items there.
-Make something the garrison can do patrols over your land to hunt bandits or to protect villages from enemy lord's.
- government place, so that the governor get some extras (it is just possible to use this if the governor have the ability to do or so on). Maby it is possible to combine the patrols with the governor. So that the companion/governor can build a own party from the garrison an do patrols.
-some improvements at the villages:
---little garrison witch makes that the raiding takes longer or could be averted. (I think like that the effect depends on which groups and how much you are left there)
---maby some workshops which produces more recourses that you can buy at their market and which improves the tax a little bit or rise the prosperity.
---it would be great if you can support a village during the Rebuild when it is raided, with money and resources.
---and some other buildings (but to be honest I don't know which at this time, maybe you got some nice ideas?)

Additionally, allow Smithies to be constructed at Castles. Allowing us to work on our Smithing at Castles where the Smithy has been built.

Currently I do not see a point to owning a castle in bannerlord. Why would you ever want to own a low tax settlement with 1 or 2 village tops when you could own a town with better taxes more base villages and doubles as a recruitment center.

I suggest giving castles a small number of notables and making castles able to have a recruitment pool the way towns and villages do. In this pool there would be higher tier troops then what is available in towns and villages... representing the castle as a military center where troops are trained and conditioned.

CASTLE SCENE IMMERSION

Castles are smaller scenes with a more limited role than towns, because of this with a fair amount of work they can be more easily filled with interest and functionality. Much of this functionality could be applied to towns as well, but I'd like to keep this discussion specific to castles as possible. I hope people will chime in with their own ideas to promote this topic. I think there is a huge opportunity to improve castle scenes and make them worth visiting. I'd like to think of immersive things that would add interest, but also ideas that keep them unique from towns and worth checking into.

Garrisoned Troops represented in scene:
Troops you have garrisoned should show up in the scene in proportion to how many you have. So, as an example, 20 troops in scene.. 20 peasants, 10 crossbowman, 10 knights garrisoned = 5 crossbowmen on walls and towers, 5 knights posted guard at gates and barracks etc, 10 peasants milling around. Several militia as well.

Select Upgrades represented in scene:
Also, if i construct training grounds, there should be a trainer at my castle. If i visit, I can see them training troops and if I choose I can train here myself. If I make a garden, how bout a little garden patch. Little things like this give player a sense of ownership and connection that would be lacking otherwise. A trainer would give players a reason to visit the castle an appreciate ownership of it. Allowing players to fight with practice swords and really hone their skills would provide further incentive.

General Dialogue & NPC Awareness:
Little one liners of dialogue too. If loyalty is low, troops may complain, if it is maxed they may praise me. NPCs should also be aware what Nobels are visiting the castle and if who is in the dungeon. Gossip / rumors "I've heard sir whats his face is rotting in the dungeon, serves him right." How you doing? (low loyalty) "All I do is stand here all day, no better the food is rotten" etc. Talking to guards outside keep or inside hall, all they need to say is "Welcome home sire / mi lady." Latest news "We're working to complete the granary. We have plenty of food. Our garrison is strong and ready to withstand siege." I want NPCs to check the condition of the castle and tell me about it.

General Dialogue Options:
Tell me your feelings
Gossip/ Rumors
The castle - latest news

NPCs with context and awareness:
NPCs should have responses and awareness of information specific to their role. If I speak to the trainer at my castle, they should be able to tell me the status of my garrison. If the vast majority are recruits and they are few. The trainer might say, "I've got my work cut out for me. These are just boys but given time I'll train men!" A sizable garrison of trained troops should receive a a fitting response. "Our garrison is fit for battle," etc.

Upgrade Jails:
Prisoners escape very easily, this has been stated elsewhere. Prisoners escape very easily and without notification (see bounties for related ideas). Prisons should upgrade to a second and third tier, increasing security and capacity. Guards should be aware of the upgrade level of the jail and have dialogue to reflect that. Guards should also know what notable prisoners are in jail, who captured them and where and context (siege, while raiding, in the field), and have dialogue to reflect that also.

Bounties:
I'd also like to have a board or an NPC in front of jail with bounties or issues that need to be resolved. Doing so would raise relations with notables in corresponding fief. Accepting a bounty would give player a quest to track down a specific looter, raider or clear an active hideout. This could also be to track down a fugitive, recently escaped prisoners might be found hiding in nearby fiefs. Checking quest page would give last known location of bounty. Completing the quest would give gold, relation bonus with notables and scouting exp as player must use tracking. Quest variants could be to return villagers or militia captured by raiders to one of the attached fiefs.

Local Patrols:
Owners of castles should be able to hire patrols. The patrol would be recruited from the pool of militia at castle. Payment should be upfront to "outfit" them, daily wage to maintain and a bonus for every captured unit delivered to jail. Length of patrol would be no more than one season (ie. from 17th - 17th of following season). Surviving patrols at the end of their deployment would return to garrison as veteran militia, upgraded from original militia troop.

This is the start. Please add your own ideas to promote this topic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good ideas.

Although patrolling troops should just level up from battles and their leader trainer skill (represented by tactics/leadership/steward/perks).
Also I don't see a reason to limit them to 1 season. Just make them come back home when they are low on food/troops/morale or too high on prisoners/loot. Then sleep few nights in bed and off to work again, until you tell them to stop. Renewing their orders is just unnecessary tedious.

In general I'd like to see more "minor nobles" that do all tasks like that (patrol, recruiting, trading, bring food from villages if it's running short, ect.) rather than anonymous groups without named commander.

I super agree to the idea that we need to see the buildings we construct in the castle scene.

I would like to be able to approach the captain of the guard and tell him to assemble the troops for review, then have the garrison stand in formation in the courtyard for a bit.

I would like to see wounded troops from my party represented somewhere recovering in some sort of infirmary and I could raise morale by giving them some words of comfort.

I wish there was more Calradia lore that we might discover by speaking to all the NPCs.

I also would not mind playing some sort of dice game with the castle guard and maybe raise my roguery score for doing so.

Castles as they are are pretty useless in my opinion they play no role at all in the game. I was thinking that a cool feature for castles could be allow player and npcs to recruit from them, i'm talking about T3+ troops. This way lords can stop magically spawn high tier troops and go back to recruit as they did, but with castles providing decent troops we won't deal with the peasants army problem. They should provide troops only to faction members obviously and they should give troops from the owner culture, not the original culture, making possible to replace the troops we like even when conquering far lands.
I think it can be good for the game, avoiding the boring manual looters hunt since we can't autoresolve anymore, allowing the player to train troops through actual battles, it will make the game less boring and repetitive.

Their solutions for a broken Bannerlord are from Warband and it's mods?
Why not? Mods are what really made Warband great, the base game is pretty barebones. Basically it's just an engine upon which modders went crazy and built what can be considered real games. Bannerlord could follow the same path because modders will eventually fix everything that needs fixing and implement new system, but it would be better if those systems were already in the base game, making it actually enjoyable .

Why not? Mods are what really made Warband great, the base game is pretty barebones. Basically it's just an engine upon which modders went crazy and built what can be considered real games. Bannerlord could follow the same path because modders will eventually fix everything that needs fixing and implement new system, but it would be better if those systems were already in the base game, making it actually enjoyable .
I'm jesting over the fact that they haven't learned a thing from Warband.

I'm jesting over the fact that they haven't learned a thing from Warband.
That's for sure. I'd expected to find in Bannerlord all the cool features mods brought to Warband, or at least the vast majority of them. But it seems the best thing to do would be releasing the mod tools asap.

1. Would it be possible to add a personal inventory to the castles too? i see that there are inventorys in citys but not castles...

2. Also why cant i donate to my castles food stores>? if my people are short on food why cant i give them some?

3 .Also maybe allow one shop to be built in castles or allow me to manage my farms and pick what they grow.

4. Also maybe like creating an army you could create a party at your castle and this could be a time improving relations with other lords. also meeting people to marry? play that bord game you guys made in the game ( love this board game btw). you could have little practice fights for entertainment kind of like the arena but this is only one on one and maybe fists? or practice wepons.

5. Maybe you could do some missions with our castles like some local looters or raiders are going to attack and you help defend. or your castle needs some supplys and i go get them.

6. Also i have noticed that a lot of people are mad about the looters being harder. i know that I was also disapointed about this but only because there is no other way to train your troops. So maybe you could have a training place at your castle were you can spar with your troops and train them?

7. Just a heads up for some reason when i take over a castle some times there are lords or ladys in the keep that i cant get rid of. it says that im holding them as captives even after peace is resolved. i took some photos of this .
9B453DC677998708687BC1E42E458261A5B0D200
CE14DCDA5E3D2C702199F1B275FB9C566D55234E

You could also use castles as the sole source of noble troop recruits to make them, ironically, more available. Also, recruitment should be restricted to the owner clan + maybe ruler. It is super annoying to have random nobles depleting the recruitment pool in your villages that you worked hard to gain relation with.

Back
Top Bottom