More death animations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lanky said:
This would be totally unrealistic and strange. You could't hold your lance up after adding the extra weight of a heavily armed body to it. Lances were one time use weapons mainly.
And don't double post the same thing twice.

I second that motion.

Merentha said:
More death animations is all that is needed, ragdoll is a bit excessive and too system-intensive, in my opinion.  It would only be visually appealing in city fights.

how is ragdoll excessive? I dont think its enough... when you say "system-intensive" do you mean it makes ur system work too hard if so then upgrade your pc man my god.....

anyway i think this is an awesome suggestion

Look at the date of Merentha's post that you are debating. So why would you feel the need to Criticise his statement knowing where the game is now?

I AGREE! This would be kool, i can see the people dying in different ways right now.... but it would be kool if the people made sounds too, i just dont like it. The people should talk when they are in battle. You dont keep fighting not saying a word, i really think speech should be put into it as well (hmmmm...... thats a good idea)  :idea:

While I'm really against the whole "chopping off bits" (yeah it's cool, but need serious revamping of models etc I expect) more variety in animations coupled with Ragdolls would be great..

btw, has anyone seen an enemy dragged along by his horse after death in this version? I used to like that :smile:

Would be nice if you could disable the death animation, and the ragdoll on the impact of death gets affected, based on speed and damage. Would be funny seeing someone wacked in gut with a mace, and the model slumps in, instead of falling backwards.

gadiel said:
Merentha said:
More death animations is all that is needed, ragdoll is a bit excessive and too system-intensive, in my opinion.  It would only be visually appealing in city fights.

how is ragdoll excessive? I dont think its enough... when you say "system-intensive" do you mean it makes ur system work too hard if so then upgrade your pc man my god.....
Considering it should run Crysis just fine, I think its quite acceptable.  Armagan did an excellent job of using ragdolls subtly, rather than what most games do with it.  In addition to that, it was much more optimized than a lot of Mount&Blade, leading to much better performance than I expected.

In essence, while I was opposed to the suggestion initially (and yes, look at the date, it was made well before we got ragdolls) the implementation was excellent and I fully admit that I was wrong. 

Merentha said:
gadiel said:
Merentha said:

Considering it should run Crysis just fine, I think its quite acceptable.  Armagan did an excellent job of using ragdolls subtly, rather than what most games do with it.  In addition to that, it was much more optimized than a lot of Mount&Blade, leading to much better performance than I expected.

In essence, while I was opposed to the suggestion initially (and yes, look at the date, it was made well before we got ragdolls) the implementation was excellent and I fully admit that I was wrong. 

I actually gained performance in the last few updates, funnily enough, I haven't reformatted, upgraded my hardware or anything.

I think Gadiel was wrong to respond to a post that was nearly a year old, when specs and expectations were not nearly as high as they are now. It's like trying to disprove ancient books that say the world is flat by saying, "With the technology we have now, how can you have not seen the world was round back then?".

As such, I feel there is no need for Merentha to apologise. Good show.

schmendict said:
I actually gained performance in the last few updates, funnily enough, I haven't reformatted, upgraded my hardware or anything.

I think Gadiel was wrong to respond to a post that was nearly a year old, when specs and expectations were not nearly as high as they are now. It's like trying to disprove ancient books that say the world is flat by saying, "With the technology we have now, how can you have not seen the world was round back then?".

As such, I feel there is no need for Merentha to apologise. Good show.

You dont need to have techology to see that world is flat (it had a lot to do with religion at that time). I believe it is always good to look back and criticise "wrong" assumptions. Else, people will never learn from their mistakes. If i say somthing that proves to be wrong i would want aswell to someone dig it up for me, and help me learn from my mistakes that otherwise i might have forgotten.

ON TOPIC:

I really like what devs have done with ragdolls. I have seen few days ago in game a soldier that got hit with arrow and then he stopped, slowely falled to his knees, then stopped for another second, and then falled to the ground with his face forward. So beatifull.

To be honest, I sometimes get the impression (not only from death anims and ragdoll, even when they haven't died yet sometimes) that I'm hitting my opponents with the flat of a cricket bat, and not chopping them down with a sword. Less knockback, please.

New death animations well...

Falling to your knees, while leaning on your sword which is embedded in the ground before finally collapsing sword still in ground

Holding wounds with arm before falling to the floor

now if i could have one animation it would be if i threw a javelin into some1s chest while he was on a horse then he should fly of that horse not simply fall down off the horse he should be ripped off that horse.

plus if some1 gets hit with a javelin in the chest he should be dead.

Back
Top Bottom