More control over Death options

Users who are viewing this thread

light6486

Recruit
I'm sure it was already discussed, but current single "Yes or No" death option do not provide player with desirable control over how this important aspect of the game works.
It would be very nice if we could decide separately if we want:
1) Age and reproduce
2) Deaths in battle

How it can hurt someone if they'll be separated?
A person who wants only deaths in battle in their game can enable them and will be happy.
A person who wants only children and aging in their game can enable them and will be happy.
A person who wants neither of the options or both of them will be happy too.

Because currently it seems like deaths in battle do happen only when you are present in that particular battle it's not helping with some sort of "overpopulation" problem mentioned by some individuals, which I personally never even encountered and I've been playing this wonderful game since 2020 initial release, so... anyway, I hope this will get attention, I might be wrong but it doesn't look like a very hard or complex change to implement.
And It'll be nice if we will no longer need mods to disable deaths in combat.(Also want to thank mod creators for their work, they are awesome and making this game even better)
Thanks for your time and have a good day!

Last edited:
This should be a priority honestly. I dont know if i cant find it but i liked being able to disable death in battle whenever i wanted as lords die quite easily. Currently im not even 365 days in and ive lost track of all the lords which have died in battle.

I'm sure it was already discussed, but current single "Yes or No" death option do not provide player with desirable control over how this important aspect of the game works.
It would be very nice if we could decide separately if we want:
1) Age and reproduce
2) Deaths in battle

How it can hurt someone if they'll be separated?
A person who wants only deaths in battle in their game can enable them and will be happy.
A person who wants only children and aging in their game can enable them and will be happy.
A person who wants neither of the options or both of them will be happy too.

Because currently it seems like deaths in battle do happen only when you are present in that particular battle it's not helping with some sort of "overpopulation" problem mentioned by some individuals, which I personally never even encountered and I've been playing this wonderful game since 2020 initial release, so... anyway, I hope this will get attention, I might be wrong but it doesn't look like a very hard or complex change to implement.
And It'll be nice if we will no longer need mods to disable deaths in combat.(Also want to thank mod creators for their work, they are awesome and making this game even better)
Thanks for your time and have a good day!
I have suggested they can leave campiaagn as it is, but can use sandbox for sliders so we can determine what we like, so you can decide what % you like and if you set it at 0% then it would be like it was before death only from old age. Give sandbox the ability with slider so we can customize a great game, but so far gone on deaf ears

Currently death in simulation battles is not enabled, the plan is to enable it in the future (Soon™). It was mentioned somewhere they would lower the chance of death, currently it is set at 10% (or something close) so it would be easier to catch any bugs related to death of hero type characters.

does anyone know if there is a way for me to mod back in the enable death option?/chance the percentage chance atleast? I think the 10% chance is way to high if you do a lot of battles one after the other like most players do my current games getting a bit silly now with half the kingdoms losing their heads of clan in 4 years

In my poll thread on the subject, ~43% of respondents indicated that they want the two options separated. In other words, somewhere between a third and a half of the community is unable to play with the options set to how they prefer.

Unfortunately, the chances of Taleworlds paying attention to this thread are almost nil. For the most part, Taleworlds doesn't seem to ever look at the forums, with the exception of the Support section. And even there, there's a bureaucracy barricade. The people making the decisions have made it difficult-to-impossible for the community to communicate with them. I think it's intentional.

I have suggested they can leave campiaagn as it is, but can use sandbox for sliders so we can determine what we like, so you can decide what % you like and if you set it at 0% then it would be like it was before death only from old age. Give sandbox the ability with slider so we can customize a great game, but so far gone on deaf ears
Only a mad man would suggest to have more options!

I have suggested they can leave campiaagn as it is, but can use sandbox for sliders so we can determine what we like
Not good enough. That leaves people like me out in the cold. You see, I don't like the main quest, but I still won't play sandbox, because it axes your siblings. I like the siblings being in the game.

So for anyone who wants to play with the siblings in, but without DIB, your suggestion is a big "**** you."

More options is obviously the way to go, but death in battle is such a busted system im not sure why anyone would want their faction to dry out in 1000 days.

Not good enough. That leaves people like me out in the cold. You see, I don't like the main quest, but I still won't play sandbox, because it axes your siblings. I like the siblings being in the game.

So for anyone who wants to play with the siblings in, but without DIB, your suggestion is a big "**** you."
In my last 3 runs on 1.5.9, my 2 younger siblings are seriously underdeveloped, by the time they're 18, they have a total of like 10 attribute points and their skills are between 0 and 20. My older brother is a fantastic governor, though his attribute points don't match his skill levels and focus points - as is a general issue with all companions.

Back
Top Bottom