Suggestion General More control over AI couched lancing

Users who are viewing this thread

Philozoraptor

Sergeant
Would it be possible to give player option to order his cavalry to couch lance when possible? Right now Cav seem to use couched lance at roughly 50/50 ratio even when charging from long distance, with high speed and long charge distance set in the code. I tested it even with extreme speeds like 100 for the mount. If direct control for player is not an option would it be possible to at least make it moddable (the decision making of the cav, the minimal speed limit for couching etc).

With v165 we're increasing the tendency of cavalry to couch lance - let's revisit this suggestion after testing the changes of that patch.

With v165 we're increasing the tendency of cavalry to couch lance - let's revisit this suggestion after testing the changes of that patch.
Excellent news thank you, that should help them be a lot more effective. Is the cav AI's poor attack timing with polearm stabs also being looked at?

Excellent news thank you, that should help them be a lot more effective. Is the cav AI's poor attack timing with polearm stabs also being looked at?
Not certain about timing but this is also coming with v165:
  • Fixed a bug related to cavalry agents' aiming system that caused agents to aim at the wrong position.

giphy.gif

Is this present in the current 1.6.5 beta? Because I did some testing in both vanilla and RBM with 1.6.5 and cav seem to be couching even less than before, however their aim improved I think. Is the chance still calculated by speed, or is it based on theoretical damage of the couched attack, is it hapenning only in specific formation? Can we mod it somehow? I was testing it with line formation with charge and delegate command as attacker and as a either sole defender or with group of infantry in custom battle.

Back
Top Bottom