More bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm under siege, I break into my settlement at the expense of around 20% of my army...
After two days of waiting for the enemy siege camp to be built...
I get randomly ejected from the settlement and I can no longer get back inside.

Do you guys actually play your game you're making, or do you just stick some code in and hope for the best? Why is this even a thing? I've observed this happening constantly while sat inside castles and settlements when just waiting for time to pass as well.

I'm under siege, I break into my settlement at the expense of around 20% of my army...

Do you guys actually play your game you're making, or do you just stick some code in and hope for the best? Why is this even a thing? I've observed this happening constantly while sat inside castles and settlements when just waiting for time to pass as well.
It’s if a kingdom declares war on you whilst your in a castle/ town. It’s a joke.
If I sneak in and take the troop loss I save it.
The kingdom “war declaring” is that stupidly random I likely won’t happen after a reload.
The war declaration is so stupidly random I’ve had it after a reload but with a different faction…… load again till it doesn’t rob you. I think it even happens if someone in your clan dies of old age.
Btw, the “ war declaration” system has no structure and wants sorting big time to the point I’ve executed hundreds( I mean every lord I catch) to eradicate kingdoms or the just escape constantly and have an army again almost instantly( which again is broken)

It’s if a kingdom declares war on you whilst your in a castle/ town. It’s a joke.
The kingdom “war declaring” is that stupidly random I likely won’t happen after a reload.
The war declaration is so stupidly random I’ve had it after a reload but with a different faction…… load again till it doesn’t rob you. I think it even happens if someone in your clan dies of old age.
Btw, the “ war declaration” system has no structure and wants sorting big time to the point I’ve executed hundreds( I mean every lord I catch) to eradicate kingdoms or the just escape constantly and have an army again almost instantly( which again is broken)
There is no diplomacy, treaty, alliance, or something like an ultimatum and any sense. Every kingdom just declares war on nothing no casus belli or no hostility its just instant war. And its like there is no state no faction. These things make us feel like they are not nations, instead they are like just a bunch of bandits fighting and making peace for nothing for no reason just fighting, giving a break, then fighting again and nothing else. It just makes game very superfical.

There is no diplomacy, treaty, alliance, or something like an ultimatum and any sense. Every kingdom just declares war on nothing no casus belli or no hostility its just instant war. And its like there is no state no faction. These things make us feel like they are not nations, instead they are like just a bunch of bandits fighting and making peace for nothing for no reason just fighting, giving a break, then fighting again and nothing else. It just makes game very superfical.
You know I tried starting my own kingdom too early and got slaughtered instantly. So I gave up the kingdom and went back to a clan. Ages after I noticed sturgians had declared war on the none existing kingdom I had left behind. I realised at that point the kingdom warfare was absolutely random. Your own vassals conspire to burn through you “ influence” by “ considering war” when your already in a big war. There is no doubt in my mind the game just thinks ‘ he’s doing too well here, let’s conspire 😂

It can't exclusively be this...
Under the circumstances, I received a pop-up in text (at the top, not in the icon on the right) stating that Northern Empire had made peace with my kingdom - I wasn't at war with them though as I'd just spent my influence declaring peace with them about 7 in-game days earlier.

I've also experienced this issue dozens of times while not a part of any kingdom (as an independent that controls my own settlement) - AI can't declare war with an independent player.

...and yeah, I've posted on these forums about the fact the AI just regenerate instantly with troops, yet you have to spend like 40 in-game days re-assembling an army of troops and levelling them up.
Pair that with when you capture them, they teleport back to their keep when escaping and come back at you with 100+ men they pulled out of thin air, and how when you break free, you're a lone, injured, slow AF dude that gets instantly re-captured.

Not gonna sugar coat it...
This game is even more buggy now than when it was in early access.

Yup, that was also something that was raised in the early access of the game, and it looks like TaleWorlds just completely ignored it...

All said and done I’m still addicted to this bs but how they’ve gone “ backward” since I played warband all those years ago I don’t know.
I’m on Xbox and every time I open the game up I hope for an update 😂
No mods round here for the community to fix their game for them

I'm so sorry that happened to you. That sounds super frustrating. Have you filed a bug report yet, or is this already a known issue? Unfortunately bug reports and mods are the best we can all do at the moment. If you're not on console, I wonder if there's a mod that fixes this issue? Not that a game should have to rely on mods, but it seems like Taleworld's developers are overworked, on top of taking the fall for what sounds to me like management issues with the higher ups, or perhaps even they're being bound by something with EA. That kind of environment isn't the kind I would produce my best work in, for sure :sad:

I haven't posted an official bug report thread - it seems to be just the same as posting a forum topic that can just as easily be ignored - a moderator can move this topic to wherever they deem it necessary.
That said, it kind of answers the question I posed after stating what the bug was "Do you guys actually play your game you're making?"... if they haven't encountered this bug themselves, they obviously aren't playing the game.

It can't exclusively be this...
Under the circumstances, I received a pop-up in text (at the top, not in the icon on the right) stating that Northern Empire had made peace with my kingdom - I wasn't at war with them though as I'd just spent my influence declaring peace with them about 7 in-game days earlier.

I've also experienced this issue dozens of times while not a part of any kingdom (as an independent that controls my own settlement) - AI can't declare war with an independent player.

...and yeah, I've posted on these forums about the fact the AI just regenerate instantly with troops, yet you have to spend like 40 in-game days re-assembling an army of troops and levelling them up.
Pair that with when you capture them, they teleport back to their keep when escaping and come back at you with 100+ men they pulled out of thin air, and how when you break free, you're a lone, injured, slow AF dude that gets instantly re-captured.

Not gonna sugar coat it...
This game is even more buggy now than when it was in early access.
Just an fyi if you see lords getting troops after they teleport back after an escape what is actually happening is they are taking troops out of the garrison. That doesn't address the other issues but hopefully that at least explains what's going on with that situation.

Back
Top Bottom