More armor and shields, please. A lot more. Hell, let us craft armor while at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

I know it's a bit early for secondary demands such as this but I can't stress enought how much this game can benefit from having a larger variety of equipment to loot, buy and craft-customize. Yes, smithing was an excelent idea to put on bannerlord and it does add huge ammounts of variability to the overal weapon catalogue... but it does make the armor and shield options look limited by comparisson. Really, while some of the devs are doing their best to balance existing mechanics and implementing new ones I see no reason not to focus the art department into making new armors and shields as fast as possible. On that note, it does not seem far fetched to enable players to manufacture armors and shields using the same mechanics allready enabled for weapons.

Mixed this hauberk and this pteruges and ban, made myself this unique legionnaire lorica! Put together this moss and this wooden model and got this amazing mycenean-looking shield! Possibilities are quite amazing, really.

I know there would be a lot of work into making armor and shield parts modular at this point but the mechanics are all allready there. If that is not possible in the near future, at least dump as many new itens as possible. Pretty please.

New armors and shields are already in the making, and they are being imported to the game slowly, as they are being made. There are arround 10+ new pieces i noticed (armors, helmets, shields) since the start of EA, probably more that i haven't noticed and that's without the weapons.
Even more are in the works, so patience, there will be more variety in the upcoming months.

As for the armor crafting, it has been suggested long time ago, but we always got the same answer-not doable, at least not in a desired quality.

I agree, however I think we first need to deal with the fact that so many items we currently have are so rare as to be basically non existent.

Until the current system that governs the availability of items is significantly changed, adding more stuff is really irrelevant because a player will still never see it.

Armor crafting would require a conplete change in how armor stats work. It sounds like a difficult thing to change.
However, they could add more armor slots and separate armor pieces. For example, start with a tunic or gambeson, then choose which mail to put on top of that and finally which transitional armor piece to put on top of the mail.

I am interested n the description of smiting int he game, which currently goes as follows:

101293499_2284252775217182_4590863475810500608_n.jpg

So yah, we should be able to make armor in this game... or the developers will take the easy route and just fix that one sentence. Either or.

My wet dream would be them using a similar armor system to Kingdom Come. I know there's no way that could happen, but it would be absolutely glorious if it could.

I'm glad that there is a relatively small array of weapons and armor in the game. It's easier to balance and to mod. With "relatively" I mean that there is already a huge bunch of superfluous stuff, 15 versions of "helmet a with small changes" or "shirt-pants-boots combi x", or so, is not my taste of diversity.

What is lacking are real differences. There is exactly 1 better armor and there are about 4 clothes in the game without pants. There is no skirt or loincloth in the game (poor Jawwal ...). There are no long pants in the game. There are no light shoes for males in the game. I don't need the 101st version of a skullcap helmet, I would prefer variety on a broader scale.

I would love to see scutum or some other legendary shields in the game. I'm so sick of seeing those ugly round kite shileds everywhere.

Instead of armor crafting, I think armor COMMISSION is a better idea.

So instead of relying on RNG for high end armor to appear in shop, you talk to the armorer, choose a piece of armor from a list and pay him to make it. You can add a wait timer to simulated the crafting time. That's the logical and historical way of obtaining high-end armors and probably don't require anything too complicated and game-breaking.

BTW I'm against armor smithing. It would make another component of the combat difficult to mod and adjust. If I could I would remove weapon smithing from the game and give the weapons fixed stats.

So instead of relying on RNG for high end armor to appear in shop, you talk to the armorer, choose a piece of armor from a list and pay him to make it. You can add a wait timer to simulated the crafting time. That's the logical and historical way of obtaining high-end armors and probably don't require anything too complicated and game-breaking.
This

This is actually an amazing Idea.

+1
This was already a feature in Fire and Sword, I think similar commission system should exist in Bannerlord. There could be a relation and clan tier requirement for smith notable to accept an offer, maybe even with limit of item culture - vlandian smith would only accept commissions for vlandian armours.

I hope armor smithing becomes a thing. As well as a feather that allows you to give smith items to your troops. So you can outfit them the way you want.

This. I like this. Sure, you should be able to learn to smith armors yourself, but this should be the main way of doing it unless you invest a lot of time and materials yourself to learn it.

Back
Top Bottom