Users who are viewing this thread

I mean it works, but niche games usually die out overtime if there's no real competitive aspect; mordhau is an example where it has fun casual play but lacks in the competitive aspect because it's extremely boring to watch.

Mordhau has a much smaller playerbase than it used to, because its MP wasn't engaging for competitive play.

Seems to be doing better than most niche games, i have recently gone back to it and there is plenty of people, i think what the op said is right even though i personally dont want it for m&b...it brings in and keeps casual players even though the melee combat is clunky af and even harder to face vets than m&b. People want progression, skins and meme type rubbish these days but yeah i dont know why i even bother looking at forums now haha game is done, tw have failed mp.

Mordhau is an amazing game, but it's not mount and blade. I agree that gestures, voicelines and customization like mordhau would be amazing in bannerlord though.

He is suggesting a progression system. Get this out of native.

This exists already, without the rewards yet.

riposting will just favor feint spamming

I mean it works, but niche games usually die out overtime if there's no real competitive aspect; mordhau is an example where it has fun casual play but lacks in the competitive aspect because it's extremely boring to watch.

Mordhau has a much smaller playerbase than it used to, because its MP wasn't engaging for competitive play.
mord comp just isnt fun because you just got cheesers (the best strategies are just unfun), and there werent other gamemodes for years. The 3o3 ranked doubled the player numbers at least for now.

riposting will just favor feint spamming

mord comp just isnt fun because you just got cheesers (the best strategies are just unfun), and there werent other gamemodes for years. The 3o3 ranked doubled the player numbers at least for now.

This is true, I have many many hours on mordhau. The best tactics are to learn certain drags that look totally alien to the enemy screen. Essentially it became a much better of chivalry 1. Much better, but still the bull****tery of chiv 1 is there. Even to a much lesser extent.

Yeah, if we go for Mordhau, we can like remove the rest of what's M&B-like from the franchise aswell and while we're at it, how about some pink skin for the Khuzait infantry? Scream masks as replacements for helmets? Or medic perks? Lol.

Just no.

He is suggesting a progression system. Get this out of native.
I know, I don't agree with him either but there is stuff that m&b can learn from other games. I wouldn't reject an idea just because it's not m&b ish. Most good m&b mods were not what native warband was like either.

This is true, I have many many hours on mordhau. The best tactics are to learn certain drags that look totally alien to the enemy screen. Essentially it became a much better of chivalry 1. Much better, but still the bull****tery of chiv 1 is there. Even to a much lesser extent.
wasnt talking about drags, but turning ur back and running, circle around pillars, shields etc

wasnt talking about drags, but turning ur back and running, circle around pillars, shields etc

Pillar turning is not really an issue since the game has huge swings and stabs can cover a lot of distance during the animation. Shields are piss easy to counter with kicking and distance. In the high levels the most mundane thing is drags and how **** they look on an enemy perspective. You can youtube ''Mordhau drags with tracers'' and you will understand.

Pillar turning is not really an issue since the game has huge swings and stabs can cover a lot of distance during the animation. Shields are piss easy to counter with kicking and distance. In the high levels the most mundane thing is drags and how **** they look on an enemy perspective. You can youtube ''Mordhau drags with tracers'' and you will understand.
ik how mordhau works

Yeah, if we go for Mordhau, we can like remove the rest of what's M&B-like from the franchise aswell and while we're at it, how about some pink skin for the Khuzait infantry? Scream masks as replacements for helmets? Or medic perks? Lol.

Just no.
Are you aware TW is literally going for skin stores(confirmed) and a passive perk slot(not sure if confirmed but it was part of the plan) ahead of 'what's M&B like' battle and custom servers lmao

When you release your swing as soon as your enemies swing is about to land, resulting in deflecting their swing and going through with yours to hit them. At the moment I think a parry just deflects their attack, and then you have to attack again to actually swing rather than your attack just going through anyway
Those already exist. In the M&B community, those are called "chambers".

They used to be a lot easier to land in Warband, but they are extremely difficult to execute in Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom