Users who are viewing this thread

When you release your swing as soon as your enemies swing is about to land, resulting in deflecting their swing and going through with yours to hit them. At the moment I think a parry just deflects their attack, and then you have to attack again to actually swing rather than your attack just going through anyway

What you describe here is chambering. Riposte is when you parry an enemy's attack at the last second and you have a small window to attack faster. Bannerlord has a similar mechanic when you tap block instead of holding it.

Some of you in this thread should wonder if you are idiots, like trully, either you cant read, or you are just raging fanbabies. Let me remind what the OP said:

- Gestures, voice lines, taunts
- Ranked 1v1, Ranked 3v3, no flags, pure fighting, one life a round best to 5
- Custom classes with in game currency (earned through matches) to purchase and progress your custom class
- Riposte pls

The OP clearly suggested quality of life changes and riposte which already exists in bannerlord but it's a hidden mechanic. You should really learn to read the posts before you come and talk **** for no reason.

This is mount and blade, not mordhau.
I agree with this guy.
I played Mordhau and Chivalry for some time and I say every system implemented from Mordhau to MB is another step on making the Bannerlord even worse, it will just give Bannerlord a set of wheels whilst its already going downhill. Let Bannerlord stay original and make its own path.
Only thing I MIGHT agree with the OP on are the voice lines and taunts.
Gestures will make the game even more toxic.
Skirmish is already in the game and flags add the game more versatility to the game mode, when custom servers gets released you can do anything you want.
Custom classes, making your character look like a chicken is a big no from me.
Chamber is already in the game and devs said they are working on it to make it more easier to chamber rather than random.

Last edited:
Stay original in what, not being played? I listed specific things from Mordhau that would be cool for Bannerlord to adopt. They're not even original Mordhau concepts, just basic things most games do. I only use Mordhau as an example because it's proof that these items I listed have worked in a medieval game. Btw, Mordhau has 40x the active players Bannerlord multiplayer does, there's a reason for that. The reason isn't the gameplay, because bannerlords gameplay is good.

Dont bother, it's obvious that that guy cannot read.

Stay original in what, not being played? I listed specific things from Mordhau that would be cool for Bannerlord to adopt. They're not even original Mordhau concepts, just basic things most games do. I only use Mordhau as an example because it's proof that these items I listed have worked in a medieval game. Btw, Mordhau has 40x the active players Bannerlord multiplayer does, there's a reason for that. The reason isn't the gameplay, because bannerlords gameplay is good.
Everything you suggested is fine, just not the progression system.

Well the progression system doesnt have to strictly mean locking all weapon types. It could straight up just be only cosmetic. Like for example everyone can use a basic two hander sword, but with time you can unlock a cooler looking two hand sword that has the same stats but just looks better.

Cosmetic progression pretty much, just so you can at least show off what you've earned.
I assumed you already meant cosmetic. But like i said no, i don't want a progression system for skins in native for like i said before, Taleworlds would have to constantly develop those.

Also you have to ask yourself what native is, should it be a module you spend each day grinding for skins for, or is it a module you can just hop unto and play whenever you want. Skins will visually make it harder to distinguish weapons.

Also you have to ask yourself what native is, should it be a module you spend each day grinding for skins for, or is it a module you can just hop unto and play whenever you want. Skins will visually make it harder to distinguish weapons.

There is no other definition other than vanilla in the term 'native' we use for mount and blade. Skins and quality of life things exist in all games and help customizability, expression and immersion. There is 0 reason why those should not exist and be earnable in-game when you pay 50 euros for a game.

There is no other definition other than vanilla in the term 'native' we use for mount and blade. Skins and quality of life things exist in all games and help customizability, expression and immersion. There is 0 reason why those should not exist and be earnable in-game when you pay 50 euros for a game.
Because warband had an arcade-like feeling to the multiplayer. I am extremely favorable of this way of creating the multiplayer.

I do not understand what skins have to do with quality of life. And your last point is exactly right, why should skins be earnable if i paid 50 euros just to be forced to play the game to unlock piece of armor that are available in the singleplayer?

Because warband had an arcade-like feeling to the multiplayer. I am extremely favorable of this way of creating the multiplayer.

I do not understand what skins have to do with quality of life. And your last point is exactly right, why should skins be earnable if i paid 50 euros just to be forced to play the game to unlock piece of armor that are available in the singleplayer?

The arcade feel left when realism got involved in Bannerlord, do not mistake this for Warband. Skins should be earnable in the game for achievements as goals. Why exactly do you want everything unlocked from the get go? In single player you need to raise your clan level to unlock many parts.

The arcade feel left when realism got involved in Bannerlord, do not mistake this for Warband. Skins should be earnable in the game for achievements as goals. Why exactly do you want everything unlocked from the get go? In single player you need to raise your clan level to unlock many parts.
You're comparing multiplayer and singleplayer which both have considerable different lifespans. Where multiplayer would take a CONSIDERABLE longer time to unlock all the skins as opposed to singleplayer where the time taken to be able to equip all armor is considerable less. I base this on the assumption the devs would make the progression system to last, which would mean the game should always still have things to unlock even after a few thousand hours.

Singleplayer doesn't necessary require you to play for countless of hours to "unlock" armor. You could alter the game easily. As opposed to multiplayer where all of this would most likely be done by the lobbyserver and no way of avoiding it, unless server side mods allowed this.

Skins are not achievements or goals when they should have been included in the multiplayer for all players.

This is yet again something that arises from the stupidity and laziness from the class system. Taleworlds doesn't want to add new content, they merely want to make a terrible class system and use the skins to add "content".

You can think whatever you want about skins, but again like i said, the skins idea seem to stem from the idea that skins will make the game last longer, but in exchange they on purpose thumbed down the class system.

tldr: They thought about the skins before the class system

Back
Top Bottom