Morale lose from companions of opposite religion

Users who are viewing this thread

I've noticed that companions of the opposite religion cause a drop in morale. Is this a good consideration when deciding on what companions to keep? Should Christians who want to field a large army, avoid Pagan companions, and vice versa?

That would depend slightly on playstyle/abilities/what's happening in your playthrough. I never worried much about religion as my morale never dropped too low in almost all my playthroughs, but if for whatever reason you're in a tough spot, too many units of the other religion (this includes regular units, i.e. Danes, Norwegians, and Vikings also count this way) could definitely cause a hit to morale. I would try to mostly recruit units that match your chosen religion, and keep the opposite religion troops to a minority. As far as companions, just like in native M&B, they interact w/ each other, and several of them are non-compatible, i.e. having Asbjorn and the Greek guy (can't remember his name) in the same party usually ends with one of them getting fed up and leaving, so you might want to check if there's another companion who does same/similar abilities and is also your religion.

Back
Top Bottom