Morale and Party Size

Users who are viewing this thread

I've now got around 100 men in my army and morale is dropping hugely. I am getting about 80 as a total reduction and this is causing my party to shrink. Is this a change from Native? I don't recall ever having a problem like this then.

You can use tweakMB to increase the number of morale points awarded per level of leadership. This means you won't have to worry about party size.

Or remove completely the base party size of 50 and reduce guys per point to 5. I am a lieutenant with a cap of 59 men. Seems pretty reasonable to me! :grin:

General K said:
Or remove completely the base party size of 50 and reduce guys per point to 5. I am a lieutenant with a cap of 59 men. Seems pretty reasonable to me! :grin:

Except 59 men can't win a battle of equal numbers and equal strength. IE a lord's army.

Yes, I pretty much ran into the same problem today. I have a 80-90 men party, plenty of food, haven't lost a battle in the entire game (I reload if I ran into an unbeatable enemy) and yet after 1-2 weeks of not fighting (mainly because my party is too slow to catch smaller sized armies) my morale dropped so low that I was loosing 2-3 men every other night. I'll see what I can do to raise the morale points but I don't want to shrink my party, 200+ men battles are the best! :grin:

UBERMANN said:
General K said:

Except 59 men can't win a battle of equal numbers and equal strength. IE a lord's army.

Actually they can. :smile: I defeated lords with armies of up to 75-90 with only 60 men. It can be done. U just need to use tactics and strategy, something many people lack the ability to do these days :smile:

The issue right now is that the loss of morale from the amount of troops makes it impossible to have a party any larger than 200 even with a maxed out leadership skill, unless you manage to constantly win large battles with a few losses. There's just no reason for any more military ranks higher than captain or major to exist besides the laughable increase in pay.

I hope this may be relevant.  I spent a lot of time building businesses.  You can then purchase a commission with the profits, but don't have to fill the whole quota.  Or, as stated, use TweakMB.

Around Toulouse there is a bridge and a Pirate base showed up north of it.  Setting by the bridge the pirates can't cross and the French generals running around can help trap them and you can help in the battles.  It is frustrating to try and catch them.

zimm out

Back
Top Bottom