Monopoly City Streets : A Google Maps monopoly

Users who are viewing this thread

MrRoy

Sergeant Knight at Arms
http://www.monopolycitystreets.com/
Welcome to Monopoly City Streets. You versus the world in the biggest live game of MONOPOLY in history!

On the 9th SEPTEMBER, a world of property empire building on an unimaginable scale will be launched! A live worldwide game of MONOPOLY using Google Maps as the game board. The goal is simple. Play to beat your friends and the world to become the richest property magnate in existence.

Own any street in the world. Build humble houses, crazy castles and stupendous skyscrapers to collect rent. Use MONOPOLY Chance Cards to sabotage your mates by building Hazards on their streets.

Which strategy will you employ? Determined drive? Ingenious daring? Intelligent caution? Will you thrive under the pressure of a fast growing global property empire – or will you crumble? Find out if you’ll thrive, or even survive, in the amazing world of MONOPOLY City Streets. It's going to be epic fun!

Check out all the latest info on our blog

This is gonna be epic!

http://www.openstreetmap.org/ : A map that shows all the streets availabe on the game.

Note : Servers will be restarted on September 17th at 10 am GMT.

Heh, it's so popular, their server is down!

The biggest land grab of 2009...
We ANTICIPATED an opening rush when we launched the Monopoly City Streets online game, but the first few hours have surpassed even our greatest EXPECTATIONS.

We are in the process of increasing our firepower and expect to be running more smoothly within the next several hours.

Thanks for your patience as we work as fast as we can to resolve this and get everyone playing and trading on Monopoly City Streets.

I mean it's Google's server, they got strong servers don't they...?

What did they expect? I learned about this on a segment they did on CNN. Plus, there's the whole viral quality of the internet, not to mention google's legions of fans to spread the word.

I keep trying but I couldn't buy my street... When I'm almost done buying it it says it lost connection from server :cry:

ChurchOfFonz said:
So wait, will one person eventually own the world, or is it kinda just playing amongst friends in your area?

Yep, one may own the whole world, it's the point of the game :grin:

The only thing is you only got 4 months to do it (it ends january 1st, but if it's pretty popular they'll certainly do other games)

So yeah I guess the one who has the most money at the end will win something special. They didn't talk about a reward but it wouldn't surprise me (for example a limited edition monopoly wodden board).

And yeah it's kinda fun, didn't play a lot but I kinda like it, you get money every day from the streets you own, then you buy more with the money, and gradually own your whole city, then state/province then your country if you're rich enough.

I am debating if I want to buy where I live or play the smart game and go somewhere few people are going to be playing. Like upper Michigan, Greenland, Antartica..yada yada yada...

I think have have a good chance of massing a large area before competition shows up that way.

Well they're not sure about it but they might restart the game when they get new gear for the server, so whatever you do, it's just a practive, so you'll see if what you're doing is good.

Impossible to play. There's like nothing except for insane lag. 1 street is all I ever managed before it all died.

Back
Top Bottom