Monitor Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

My computer monitor lately has had a lot of trouble turning back on. If it loses power or gets put on standby, turning it on will get the purple Benq screen covered in static followed by an almost immediate automatic power off. Turning it on again will do the same thing but with slightly less static, and if you repeat this for like ten minutes the static is eventually gone and the monitor works as long as it stays on. So has anyone else had anything similar to this? Also is it fixable or should I just bite the bullet and get a new monitor?

Probably can't hurt to take it to a repair shop but it might cost you just as much to get it fixed as replaced, depending on what's wrong.

Checked all the cables/connections etc and all okay?

Yeah, I've tried different power cords/outlets and it does it even when the RGB is unplugged. Suppose it could be the power jack but what really gets me is that it eventually just gets through the static. It's like my monitor is having progressively worse seizures.

This is a way unqualified guess, but sounds like a capacitor is on its way out. One might empty out while it's off, then takes its time to get filled with power again. I'll check with a mate tomorrow, he's dealt with fixing monitors before.

Heard back from him, he said it's prolly not the capacitors, but you wouldn't lose much by trying to replace the ~1000µF 25V buffer caps, if you're up to some soldering. But he has run into something similar once, ended up binning it as unrepairable.

Back
Top Bottom