Mongol Series: RECRUITING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hulagu Khan

Sergeant at Arms
I dedicate this thread to the official REVIVAL of the Mongol Series mods for Mount & Blade.

MOD INTRO
It all started by Mertbey who suggested a Mongol mod should be developed for Mount & Blade. Pali Gap jumped in as did Wei.Xiadi, offering to help start it. But they were still in need of a mapper.... ironically, I was attempting to start my own Mongol mod at the same time - so I merged into their team and we formed the Mongol series. We divided the mods up into years of their reign; the Mongols when they were mere tribes fighting eachother, the Mongols when they utterly destroyed China, and the Mongols when they invaded the middle-east. Pali Gap and Wei.Xiadi would do most of the hardcore coding, constantly talking trying to figure out what to do next, while I created the map of Mongolia. After I was done, I had to leave M&B for personal reasons. Then Pali Gap got banned, Wei.Xiadi took over the project. Judging by the Mongol forums, and his posts, he seemed to be doing a good job, but Wei.Xiadi didnt want to do it anymore so he left as well. After the team disbanded completely, Janus locked the forum. Mongol series mods remain unfinished and dead, it's time to finish where they left off....

MONGOL INTRO
Some people may not know much about the Mongols, or why they are interesting. I will summarize it. The Mongols used to be a confederation of tribes who constantly fought eachother, much like the Native American tribes, but on a daily basis; based on never-ending rivalries, from their fathers.. to their grandfathers... and so on. Temujin's GREAT grandfather (Qabul Khan) was the very first to attempt uniting all the Mongol tribes. It wasnt until Temujin destroyed one of the most intimidating tribes in Mongolia, the Tatars, did they finally find out why they were fighting eachother for so long. It turned out, the more advanced and the more "civilized" Jin Empire would supply and support the weakest Mongolian tribe, just so they would defeat the strongest Mongolian tribe - and so on, to make sure they were never strong enough to unite and invade the Jin Empire (which was China). Temujin eventually united all the Mongol tribes and was titled Genghis Khan; Universal Ruler, and with right. He lead a massive army to invade the Jin Empire (China). The Great Wall of China did not bother the Mongols.... they went around it. After sieging Beijing, they exterminated everyone there. Then, they started to settle, contrast to this "nomadic empire" myth. Genghis Khan had successfully conquered China. He was illiterate, yet he was determined to educate every Mongol into the modern life. Genghis Khan was making money for his empire, and for his people, he never favored wealth, but rather the success and education of his people. Genghis Khan sent merchants to Persia. A governor, in a city of the Kwarezmid Empire sent back the decapitated head of a Mongol merchant. Genghis Khan, insulted by such an act, massed an army 200,000 strong to invade Persia. He destroyed the Kwarezmid Empire and exterminated their cities. It wasnt until Genghis Khan's grandson, Hulagu Khan, that the Mongols sack Baghdad (in modern day Iraq). Unfortunately Hulagu Khan and Berke Khan were in the first Mongol civil war, since Berke Khan was a muslim convert, he allied with the Mamluks and taught them how to win against the Mongols, this was the downfall of their great empire, but not the end. Kublai Khan, selected as Great Khan of the Mongol Empire (which both Hulagu Khan and Berke Khan would not accept), lead 2 massive invasion fleets to Japan. Both failed because Kublai Khan demanded his army to build the ships & boats faster than what was necessary to withstand storms. Had Kublai Khan given them more time, they would have conquered Japan as well. Had Berke Khan and Hulagu Khan accepted Kublai Khan as Great Khagan (Emperor) - they would have invaded Europe, conquering them as well. The Mongols had many small battles with the Polish and Hungarians.... which they won. Many European states paid tribute or signed treaties with the Mongols to keep them from invading.

I missed a LOT, so just pick up a book about the Mongol Empire, infact watch this video on Genghis Khan's rise to power:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfIzYkuld5M

(watch 1-10)

If the original team does not log on and object, I am going to personally rename each mod and add a new.

Rise of Genghis Khan
Will include a map of Mongolia as well as all the tribes of Mongolia, including pressure from the Jin Empire.

Invasion of China
Will include the Great Wall of China, the Jin Empire, and other Chinese factions of that time, possibly extended from Korea to Thailand, it will depend.

Invasion of Persia
Will include numerious middle-eastern factions of this time period, possibly including some eastern-europian factions, as well as parts of India.

Mongol Civil War
Will include all Khanates of this time period with no unity. From the eastern-europe to western-asia, including parts of India.

Current list of those willing to help:

Redfyre - willing to help with coding
Eumolpus - willing to help with scenes
Tempest1295 - willing to help with modeling, Chinese names
Wu-long - willing to help with history
Mertbey - willing to help with texturing (original team member)
Miclee - willing to help with coding
Kongol Khan - willing to map, asian faces (original team member)
DigitalDilettante - Willing to help with anything artistic

There will be NO LIMIT to who may join the team. The more people we have working on this project, the faster and easier it will be.

I am still looking for a TEAM. Those listed above are not the official team, but rather those willing to contribute some of their time. I need them as well as an official team, if you have experience in history, modeling, texturing, or coding and are looking to be apart of a long-term modding team, please contact me. We need people in every field. The more people we have working on this project, the faster it will get done, and the faster we can enjoy this great mod :smile:

hit me up on MSN - [email protected]

No offence, but this mod seems to be as inactive as it could possibly get, sorry. :sad: That's why I'd like to resign.

EDIT:
shame on me shame on me shame on me :cry:
i let u all down, guys..

well i would like to think the months before my return was as inactive as it could possibly get lol.

but anyway, things are progressing VERY slow because well.... there is no team.

Redfyre was willing to help code until he discovered he doesnt really know how....
Miclee was also willing to help code until he decided he wasnt going to.....

So, we have no coders. but im still testing my coding skills, ill probably be soloing this mod until more dedicated modders show interest. there's just not much i can offer you right now Eumolpus =\ sorry, unless you have some ideas because right now there just is no need for a scene editor (yet!)

Tempest1295 is doing some great modeling for our mod, more specifically Gers (or Yurts), infact he has contributed more than anyone so far.

As for myself, ive been messing around with asian face codes and i think i found the perfect combos for the game to make it seem very Mongolian. We already have a map, but ill get to perfecting a real map of Mongolia when i ... feel like it.

so things are just very.... very slow. but id rather it be slow than stopped completely. perfection takes time and patience.

And you still have people following this forum, although writting that much.
plz keep it up no matter how slow :wink:

3 of the original team msged me after i PMed them, they were not interested in reviving this mod. In short, they found a weird thing called a "life" :sad: what is this life they speak of?

I have a life too, only I was clever enough to include my games in it.  :neutral:

Ruthven said:
It'll take a real forum Genghis to unite all the Mongol modders.  :razz:
Rather not. Considering how many great empires the real one destroyed, I don't even want to guess how many mods and other forums a "Forum Genghis" will destroy.

Back
Top Bottom